[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

If I had to guess I would say it's casued by applications using the wake event to check for new messages, updates or syncing information. This all depends on what applications you have installed though and if any of your applications are linked to the SD card.

I use WiFI all of the time on my OMC and I don't notice any delay that causes me to press the button a few times.

Guest razhas

If I had to guess I would say it's casued by applications using the wake event to check for new messages, updates or syncing information. This all depends on what applications you have installed though and if any of your applications are linked to the SD card.

I use WiFI all of the time on my OMC and I don't notice any delay that causes me to press the button a few times.

All my downloaded applications are linked to the SD card, I particularly find this problem when Viber and Whatsapp are running in WIFI. I tried the same thing in stock rom but no problem in that rom.

Guest ErCordobes

Hello H3ROS. Me and some friends have a problem. When connecting the Bluetooth in the car, after 2 seconds the phone is turned off and only turn on if you remove the battery and put back. It always happens, but if it happens normally.

How can we fix it? Thank you.

Edited by ErCordobes

Guest H3ROS

@ razhas

It could be the delay with all of them applications. Personally I don't use any linking at all.

@ ErCordobes

So with bluetooth activated to the car it simply shuts the phone off? Weird. Does it do the same thing with AtomICS or not?

I don't have a car with bluetooth so I'm not sure what usually happens when you sync it to a car. Like does it pass your calls through the speakers or does it simply have access to your music collection?

Guest ErCordobes

@ razhas

It could be the delay with all of them applications. Personally I don't use any linking at all.

@ ErCordobes

So with bluetooth activated to the car it simply shuts the phone off? Weird. Does it do the same thing with AtomICS or not?

I don't have a car with bluetooth so I'm not sure what usually happens when you sync it to a car. Like does it pass your calls through the speakers or does it simply have access to your music collection?

In Atomic I have not tested. Now, I'm testing skatiw with kernel S3, and does not pass. With the stock rom not with me.

What makes the phone is to access this call, nothing more.

Thank you very much!

Guest H3ROS

SKatie "does not pass", so it has the same problem?

I'm trying to think of a way I can emulate this to find out if it's a permission issue or something. Maybe it'd work with a TomTom, I'll have a try later.

Guest H3ROS

If it was I wouldn't expect it to switch off the phone. And I know bluetooth file transfers work fine so I'm thinking it could be an APK permission triggered when an audio check of some kind is performed due to Dolby or the dialler (since the dialler isn't stock).

AtomICS, not to be confused with AtomicMod, has a different dialler to this and it doesn't have any of the major framework changes either so I'll be testing that if H3B has problems with the TomTom.

Guest Smash41

How close to v1.4 are you?

Want to switch to this ROM but will wait if it's close.

Don't wanna wipe/re-build apps etc to be doing it again in a month or so.

Great job on the ROM BTW, looks superb.

Guest H3ROS

Honestly, in the last few days I've made no progress as I've been so busy. But the updated version will include the patches from the first post, an updated equalizer (if I wait for it to be released) and if I can fix it, the bluetooth "car connected" crash. I believe there's also some notifications scrolling issue, but I'm not sure if that's the intended behaviour for swipe notifications.

You could use the current version of the ROM and apply the patches. When I'm ready I'll then release a patch to get you up to v1.4 without having to format.

Guest H3ROS

@ ErCordobes

I've tested bluetooth and was able to pair my phone to my TomTom just fine. It didn't shutdown and I used my home phone to ring my Skate and the TomTom ringed too. Even the call itself went well and was pretty clear so the issue could be with the bluetooth on a 2.3.5 ROM when linked to your car, but as I'm unable to reproduce the issue it's going to be extremely hard to fix.

Guest razhas

@ razhas

I re-flashed the rom, nothing linked now. but still the same problem exists

Edited by razhas

Guest dibbles

Note to self - must remember that the ROM, by default, will wipe when installing as an update to a prior version :D

I have noted a 1.4 version mentioned but is there much you can do to improve an already great and balanced ROM..?

perhaps somebody wrote or maybe I'm wrong, but the USB debuggind doesn't work for me

about the ROM: it sounds better than my compter with the same earphone :D

Edited by vs23

Guest H3ROS

@ dibbles

Very little updates. It'll mainly include the patches, hosts file update and an updated EQ. I feel it does everything else well and works as intended.

@ WiiSky70

I'm currently waiting on the updated EQ to be released.

@ vs23

It's working fine here, however, when on my Windows 7 x64 system it's very picky about the drivers.

Guest dibbles

FWIW I agree with your comments. It is a very good ROM which works well for us both in all respects. BT seems to be fine. The GPS functions great for Sygic. Everything else works a treat :)

The only thing that I do is to remove the links2SD and a couple of other apps and then change the battery indicator into a circle type, more so that I can see the percentage charge remaining..

Edited by dibbles

Guest H3ROS

@ vs23

If you go to device manager in Windows does it have the device listed, or does it list an unkown device?

Theres drivers on the forum somewhere that will allow you to set it to use the ADB driver.

@ dibbles

Even though I don't use Link2SD I tend to keep it around anyway, just so I can see the storage info and can easily make installed apps turn into system apps. I know on another form they tend to remove it and use A2SD, but I've tried that application before and found it to be awful. It's not all in one solution like Link2SD.

I may start to offer themes for this soon. Maybe some simple addons at first, like to remove the blue line on the notification bar. Personally I like it there, but some applications seem to have over-large icons which can ruin it's look.

Guest Gagas1

Hi Good morning. I have bought the San Francisco(ZTE BLADE) for my daughter and i need a good ROM for the phone.

I use this one for my Skate. Is there an equivelant one for the blade?

Guest H3ROS

@ razhas

I've no idea what would cause slowdown on your device when nobody else is experiencing the issue.

You could try this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sdincrease.it

@ Gagas1

The above might be able to port the ROM.

@ sergioparidas

Thank you :)

@ vs23

What I mean is the debug mode uses a different set of drivers. They're ADB drivers and for Windows 7 64-bit they're a pain to get working, at least they were on my system.

Guest banemitre66

I'm sorry I didn't try this rom earlier,but now that I did I can say wow,wow,what a sound,this is exactly what I was looking for.H3ROS thank you very much for this,finally I'm deaf,didn't even dared to hope skate could sound this great,once again thank you. :D

Just one question ,is it possible po play flac format in this rom and how?

I can not get go locker to work.

Edited by banemitre66