[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

With the stock media player no, but with Poweramp it should be possible.

I downloaded GO Locker and it's partially working. It drops me into the lockscreen and I can apply themes, but I can't seem to change any of it's settings. I guess it checks against the launcher version, which in this ROM's case is custom.

Download this launcher and then use root uninstaller to uninstall GO Launcher EX. Next you can download the very latest official GO Launcher EX from the market and GO Locker should fully work.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest banemitre66

With the stock media player no, but with Poweramp it should be possible.

I downloaded GO Locker and it's partially working. It drops me into the lockscreen and I can apply themes, but I can't seem to change any of it's settings. I guess it checks against the launcher version, which in this ROM's case is custom.

Download this launcher and then use root uninstaller to uninstall GO Launcher EX. Next you can download the very latets official GO Launcher EX from the market and GO Locker should fully work.

THANKS :D Are there going to be some updates to the rom in near future?

Edited by banemitre66

Guest H3ROS

There will be minor updates since pretty much everything works in this ROM already. Speaking of updates though, people should avoid the Superuser update since it's very buggy.

Guest Smash41

I'm finally getting around to installing this but I have a quick question.

I use Launcher Pro as my launcher and therefore don't need Go Launcher that is in this ROM.

Can I just download the APK for LP and replace the GL one before I install. (I use Atomic Mod at the minute and GL uses lots of unnecessary space)

If I can, what is the file path to replace?

Guest Igano

Hello everyone. I finally installed this rom today and so far I am extremely impressed with it. I had one question though, I have not found clockwork orange installed. There is a choice for recovery when pressing the power button but I checked it and has limited options.

Do I install clockwork orange from the market or the version uploaded here (in the sticky thread)? Do both of them work?

I forgot to add I noticed that flashlight apps on the market do not work on the LED. Is there any solution to this?

Edited by Igano

Guest TouchyAndalou

You can install CWM via the TPT helper app on the market. Select "create your own TPT" and when it asks which version of clockwork you want to install, choose the first one (which is the orange version) It'll also ask you to select partition sizes and then it'll create your TPT, however you can just delete this from your SD card afterwards.

As for the flash, unfortunately it can't be used as a flashlight due to hardware restrictions. Several people on this forum have tried and failed to get it working.

Guest TouchyAndalou
MIne is not the Orange but normal ZTE SKate. Should I still pick the first one?

Thank you for the help!

Yes it's compatible with either the Monte Carlo or Blade, same thing. You can also choose either version of clockwork mod... I just find the first one to be better. Good luck.

Guest Redstarr1

"Clockwork orange"? :P Funny that you make that mistake several times (so it's not a Freudian mistake). The clockworkmod recovery isn't really dependent on the rom, if you managed to install this rom, that means you already have CWM. Installing a rom usually doesn't change your clockworkmod. I'm guessing you'll have CWM 4.0.1.4 or 4.0.1.5. Those are the most functional versions for this phone, afaik they don't "lack" anything.

Also keep in mind that if you follow TouchyAndalou's advice, you'll have to reinstall your rom because a TPT formats your phone's internal memory.

Guest tillaz

"Clockwork orange"? tongue.png Funny that you make that mistake several times (so it's not a Freudian mistake). The clockworkmod recovery isn't really dependent on the rom, if you managed to install this rom, that means you already have CWM. Installing a rom usually doesn't change your clockworkmod. I'm guessing you'll have CWM 4.0.1.4 or 4.0.1.5. Those are the most functional versions for this phone, afaik they don't "lack" anything.

Also keep in mind that if you follow TouchyAndalou's advice, you'll have to reinstall your rom because a TPT formats your phone's internal memory.

clockwork orange lol, that's that really weird film ain't it :D

Guest TouchyAndalou

He doesn't have to flash the TPT, he can just delete it after getting the desired version of CWM on his phone. The TPT Helper app lets you install CWM when you create a custom TPT, so it's a simple way of installing/updating CWM.

Of course simply downloading CWM would be an even easier way :P

Guest Redstarr1

I'm aware TPT Helper lets you install CWM. I didn't know that you don''t have to actually TPT for that though :). Didn't read your earlier post very thoroughly.

clockwork orange lol, that's that really weird film ain't it :D

Yeah that movie by Stanley Kubrick. Didn't see it myself, just some scenes but those were weird enough :P.

Guest H3ROS

I've been extremely busy latlely, but I'm going to try to get an update out for this by next weekend if all goes well.

There will be one change which brings something different to the ROM and everything else will be small bug fixes and application updates :)

Guest m0ther

hey. i just switched from mokee to this to see how battery compares - like it so far :) but i cant install instagram..play storesays incompatible.. is it just me? is there a way round it..?

thanks

EDIT - found a workaround: install from the play store online, appears and installs on the device fine.. any ideas though..?

Edited by m0ther

Guest H3ROS

@ Gagas1

It'd make it worse since the ROM's already tweaked.

@ m0ther

Instagram was an odd one for me when it was released. On the play store it'd say it's not supported, but installing the application from an apk worked fine. I now receive all updates from the play store too.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest m0ther

thanks H3ROS, that's fine, as long as its not just me :)

in other news my batttery was doing well yesterday afternoon but went from 40% >2 % overnight :( no apps were running apart from the ones that autostart with the OS.

going to try wiping battery stats and see if that helps (as i say i just migrated from mokee so maybe it'll help..?)

Guest H3ROS

The best way to do a battery stats wipe is by using the phone until its totally flat, or at least at 1% and then charging it via the mains until it's 100% done. At this point reboot into recovery and wipe the battery stats and then use your phone as you normally would.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest H3ROS

I got delayed from my update due to family matters. Everythings on track now though as I've just fixed an important bug in a key system application tonight.

The update isn't huge and I wouldn't say it's required if you're happy with the current ROM, but it does clean things up nicely as you'll see this weekend :)

Guest H3ROS

I've posted both the full ROM (version 1.4) and an update for people on v1.3 so you don't need to do a fresh install :)

Heres my new chat app:

post-954400-0-28823600-1344548744_thumb.

If you use the update and get some old icons still present in the launcher then try clearing your cache and your dalvik cache. They do disapear eventually.

Edited by H3ROS