[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Heres something for people to test who were saying they couldn't get in-car blutetooth to work. Personally it already works on my TomTom GPS without this, so if this doesn't work then I'm out of ideas and I'd need to see a good logcat report.

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/NOv7lbMSsD/

Another note is that I repacked the ROM and update files this morning as I included the wrong version of the messaging app. The one originally posted had a minor typo, so if you installed that then just reinstall the 1.3 to 1.4 update and you'll be all fixed.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Turospear

@ Turospear

Check the addons. I've just added one for Arabic, although it's not been tested it should work.

Tested & work PERFECTLY

Thanks mate :)

Did you fully wipe your phone before installing the ROM? It should work as I've formatted my phone to check and it connected fine to my router via WPA2-PSK using AES.

Guest BritishPatriot

Did you fully wipe your phone before installing the ROM? It should work as I've formatted my phone to check and it connected fine to my router via WPA2-PSK using AES.

I wiped system, cache & dav. cache before install. When I turn the wifi on, it sees the connection but won't actually connect...........most annoying! My wireless connection is WPA/WPA2!

post-989384-0-55844200-1344637551_thumb.

Edited by BritishPatriot

Does it say the key is invalid or does it act like it's connected but you've got no wireless singal? And is it the same if you reboot the phone too?

The original issue with WiFi was that it'd connect but when you timed out it wouldn't reconnect. That problem was solved though. So, have you tried other stock 2.3.5 ROM's such as AtomicMod and SKatie and do they have the same problem?

Sometimes there are wifi problems when access points settings are restored from Google backup (how I hate this one). Solution in this case is to delete (forget) all your AP configurations and define them again.

Guest BritishPatriot

Does it say the key is invalid or does it act like it's connected but you've got no wireless singal? And is it the same if you reboot the phone too?

The original issue with WiFi was that it'd connect but when you timed out it wouldn't reconnect. That problem was solved though. So, have you tried other stock 2.3.5 ROM's such as AtomicMod and SKatie and do they have the same problem?

It acts like I'm connected, but I'm not, it does it with AtomicMod, MoKee, H3 Blue, & Skatie. I have ColdFusionX 4.0.4 CM9 installed at the mo because the wifi does work, so there is nowt wrong with the hardware!

Edited by BritishPatriot

Did WiFi ever work on the stock ROM too? If it did then I think it could be kernel related, but if it didn't then I'd be very surprised. It's a shame you no longer have the stock ROM either way, but your hardware must be a different revision because what work's for one device should work on another.

Give C3C0's suggestion a try.

Guest BritishPatriot
Give C3C0's suggestion a try.

And how do I do that? Total n00b here... :P

And........I am totally confused how everything works just fine in ColdFusionX 4.0.4 CM9, but nothing else? Because I think that AtomicMod is the ROM for me, I just need to get everything working. :)

Edited by BritishPatriot

Guest dibbles

Thanks for the 1.4 release - I applied the update from the 1.3 that I'm using. All seems well. :)

Has anyone tried to use the kitchen to upload your own framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk...?

I am wanting to create my own circle battery mod (so I can see the percentage chanrge) with a gradient fill etc but it will not allow me to upload the above files. When I press select it will not open a Window to select the files to upload.

I have tried both Chrome and IE, thinking that the browser could be the issue but neither will work.

@ BritishPatriot

Looking at some of your debug I can see that your connection times out:

E/HWY	 (  747): WIFI MAC2=11:22:33:44:55:66

I/wpa_supplicant( 1144): Trying to associate with 00:26:5a:30:f8:e2 (SSID='Lawful Rebellion' freq=2457 MHz)

V/WifiStateTracker(  579): Changing supplicant state: SCANNING ==> ASSOCIATING

D/NetworkStateTracker(  579): setDetailed state, old =SCANNING and new state=CONNECTING

D/WifiScan(  747): updateAccessPoints(), ConfiguredAP: SSID: "Lawful Rebellion"status: 0, networkid: 0, priority: 1, hiddenBssid: false

D/WifiScan(  747): updateAccessPoints(), ScanResult: SSID: BTHomeHub2-RW56, BSSID: 00:24:17:f2:95:1b, cap:[WPA-PSK-TKIP+CCMP][WPA2-PSK-TKIP+CCMP], level: -74,freq: 2412

D/WifiScan(  747): updateAccessPoints(), ScanResult: SSID: Lawful Rebellion, BSSID: 00:26:5a:30:f8:e2, cap:[WPA-PSK-TKIP+CCMP][WPA2-PSK-TKIP+CCMP][WPS], level: -71,freq: 2457

D/WifiScan(  747): updateAccessPoints(), ScanResult: SSID: gaby, BSSID: 00:22:3f:39:c6:0c, cap:[WPA-PSK-TKIP], level: -95,freq: 2437

D/WifiEnabler(  747): handleStateChanged(), networkId: -1, SSID: null, networkState: CONNECTING

E/wpa_supplicant( 1144): Ongoing Scan action...

I/wpa_supplicant( 1144): Authentication with 00:26:5a:30:f8:e2 timed out.

V/WifiStateTracker(  579): Changing supplicant state: ASSOCIATING ==> DISCONNECTED

I'm thinking your MAC is wrong on your device and that that's the reason WiFi isn't working for you.

@ dibbles

They're uploading fine here in Firefox.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest dibbles

I have just tried Firefox and indeed they do work fine - thanks for that :)

Using the Dev version of Chrome or IE 9 nothing seems to happen when I press on the select file. I disabled any ad blocks.

But for Firefox 15 beta 4 it is working a treat, just cooking now

Thanks again for the 1.4 version

EDIT: I need the dictionary adding to FF - my spelling is terrible.! :D

Edited by dibbles

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Smash41

Just installed this ROM and have to say its superb coming from AtomicMod 3e (very old lol).

I know its nitpicky but is there any chance you could make the battery solid and not numbers inside on the notification bar?

It seems that a lot of people pick ICS or themable ROM's over tuned and polished stock ROM's so I've been in no rush to put out updates. That said, theres not much to update as everything works :) That to me is the main reason I stick with this ROM. Not just because it's my own, but because it has Dolby, HQ Youtube, the Bravia engine, an enhanced stock messaging app, scores high in benchmarks and the battery can last up to 3 days from moderate usage.

I'll look into the battery mod when I've got a few minutes to kill in photoshop :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Smash41

I noticed a bug in a couple of menus where the text was the same colour as the menu.

Other than that though this is a superb rom. Well done and many thanks.

post-815330-13461651126214_thumb.jpg

Edited by Smash41

I can see it mentioning "Font family" and I don't think any of the stock apps allow you to change the font, so what app are you seeing that issue in? Many times if it's a third party app it's because they've hard coded a set colour rather than retrieving one from the systems framework.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest zen_2610

I'll check it out soon to see if it has a fixed value for the text colour, and if it does then I'll issue a bug report to the dev :)

Bug. :D, I can't turn off the alarm. ="=

Alarms are handled by the normal application and they disable fine for me, so have you changed the app or have anything that may conflict with alarms?