[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

I have WiFi on almost 24/7 and mobile data off and have no such issues.

I'd suggest you completely drain the battery and then charge the phone via the wall until its at 100%. It's just that sometimes after flashing a new ROM the phone needs to recalibrate the battery level as the current figure is a guess until you've charged it a few times.

Guest dariorp

I installed the last update a few days ago and my battery life is bad yet :( I'm all day 2G, and in class I can't use the phone, brightness is at 40%, and it doesn't arrive to 3hours of display on. I calibrated the battery before the update but the battery life was the same. What do you recommend me to do? I've though charge it to 100%, start in recovery and wipe battery, and then remove the cable. Is that going to improve the battery life? Thanks

To calibrate you must drain the battery, charge the phone and then boot to recovery and wipe the battery status. Use the phone as normal until its flat again and then once you've charged it 100% it should give a more accurate reading.

If you check your battery usage what says it's using the most?

You can download BetterBatteryStats from here and that'll tell you if anythings keeping the phone awake too.

Word of warning. Anyone using the Lagfree or conservative governor should switch to ondemand or SmartassV2.

Lagfree won't drop to the minimum frequency and with conservative once the frequency has gone up it won't go down, so you could get stuck at 787 MHz which will take a lot of battery. The issues have been reported to C3C0. Switching to the previous kernel will have the same result.

I'm currently working on a script that will try to improve battery life by using a tweaked SmartassV2 governor. I'll share it once I've done some battery tests with a clean installation of H3B.

EDIT: And this issue isn't just in H3B. It's in every ROM that uses a C3C0 kernel.

Edited by H3ROS

The default one and SmartassV2 are fine. Both aren't tuned towards battery saving though.If I give people a script you won't be able to overclock since the script will interfere with any settings you apply.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest dariorp

I did what you told me and battery life is bad yet. I don't know what to do. When I charge the phone, it can be 8 hours charging or more and battery does not arrive to 100%, it stays in 98%. What should I do?

Sounds to me like you've got a bad battery. Have you had the phone for long? If not I'd flash back a stock TPT and try to get a replacement. You could also try another ROM, but if your battery isn't fully charging then that seems like a hardware (battery) fault as nobody else has reported such an issue.

Edited by H3ROS

You could look at it that way, if you don't depend on the ICS theme at least as it has Dolby and everything else, but runs smoother and I continue to update it.

Once I've finished making tweaks to the base ROM I'll probably supply an ICS and stock GB theme.

@ MaDtech

It's still there, but the old one did get locked.

--------------------------

Version 1.6 has been released. See the first post of this thread.

Changes:

• Updated Google Play
  • Updated the hosts file
  • Further modified GO Launcher EX
  • Cleaned up some files and permissions
  • Fixed an issue where radio buttons were sometimes too close together
  • Kernel tweaks are in testing for battery saving

To fix GO Launcher EX from having false application entries go to settings, applications, all and select GO Launcher EX and then click clear data.

You should disable any overclocking applications from auto-starting if you're using them as they will conflict with the kernel tweaks. This BETA update is simply to find out if you save battery and have decent performance to still browse the web, listen to music or watch videos on youtube.

My tests:

XHasL.png

The picture shows that for over 14 hours I've had WiFi enabled and so the phones syncing my emails and contacts. During this time I can receive calls and texts. I only lost 1% battery :)

Edited by H3ROS

hello, nice worck with the atomICS i like this rom (seeing screnshots :P) but is there a new theme for this rom (ICS for exp.)? and is it free from operator bolshit

if YES pleas responde to me with an active link

THANKS

and is thére any active link to update AtomicMod to r10

Edited by ousZTE

It's free from bloat and operator bundled crap, but it doesn't have an ICS theme yet, although I may soon start working on one. I'd still recommend that you try out the ROM though because in my opinion it can look better than ICS themed ROM's in areas and it's very stable.

I'd recommend downloading 1.5 and the 1.6 BETA update. First install the zip file for 1.5 and then apply the 1.6 BETA update and then reboot.

Edited by H3ROS

I wouldn't bet on it as AtomicMod contains different applications, if that's what you're coming from. You could make a full backup, format system, data and do the wipes and then try H3B. If it's not for you then you can restore your backup.

• Boot to recovery
  • Go to backup and restore and select backup
  • Access the main menu and select wipe data/factory reset
  • Go to mounts and storage and select to format /system
  • Access the main menu and select advanced and then select wipe dalvik cache
  • Select to install a zip from sd card and then find and select H3 Blues 1.5
  • Access the main menu and once again select to install a zip from sd card, but this time select the H3 Blues 1.6 BETA update
  • Reboot the system once complete