[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

I've updated from 1.4 to 1.6, then I've done the "clear data" in Go Launcher, but I cannot view all the icons apps yet.

For example, Play Store is missing, Link2SD, etc.

Thank you very much.

screenshot1350577988504.png

Edited by jfabaf

Boot to recovery and clear your cache and dalvik cache.

If you've added files to the ROM as system applications then it could be that your partitions full.

Boot to recovery and clear your cache and dalvik cache.

If you've added files to the ROM as system applications then it could be that your partitions full.

I've done it but it still has the same issue.

I have updates but I cannot view Play Store app.

Perhaps I'd have to do a clean installation...

Thanks.

screenshot1350579291705.png

If you use root explorer or "my files" and go to system/app/ do you see Market.apk?

It's just that some things such as "Servicios SIM" I don't pack with the ROM, so is that an application you've downloaded or added as a system application? If you add too many applications as system applications and you're only on a 150MB TPT then you'll run out of space.

Edited by H3ROS

If you use root explorer or "my files" and go to system/app/ do you see Market.apk?

It's just that some things such as "Servicios SIM" I don't pack with the ROM, so is that an application you've downloaded or added as a system application? If you add too many applications as system applications and you're only on a 150MB TPT then you'll run out of space.

I don't have installed any system application.

"Servicios SIM" is the "Stk.apk" in system/app, but the name is in spanish because the phone is in spanish language.

Anyway seems it already works fine, the full memory icon has drop and the play store and link2sd icon have appeared again.

The only thing I've done is that I've created the link2sd mount script again.

Thank you very much.

screenshot1350581052344.png

Ah, of course linked applications. You've got to be careful which ones you relocate. I'd suggest keeping Link2SD itself as a system application so that you can create the mount script again to fix any issues easily.

Guest pablitobm88

Hello, I really like your rom, aesthetics and duration of the battery, but for me the softkeys are important in the notification bar. Are it included? If not, could you make a zip to install from the recovery?

thanks

Edited by pablitobm88

I could add them, but on stock Gigberbread they get added to the top menu bar so they can conflict with notification icons. The result in my opinion isn't what you'd like.

Guest pablitobm88

I could add them, but on stock Gigberbread they get added to the top menu bar so they can conflict with notification icons. The result in my opinion isn't what you'd like.

https://www.dropbox....ar-softkeys.zip

This is the file that Tillaz prepared for AtomicMod and worked very well. In your own works but I also modify your notification bar and puts the AtomicMod

Maybe I can help to prepare a possible zip for you, whenever you permission Tillaz.

greetings

Edited by pablitobm88

Ah, of course linked applications. You've got to be careful which ones you relocate. I'd suggest keeping Link2SD itself as a system application so that you can create the mount script again to fix any issues easily.

Ok thanks.

I've had the same issue again (full internal memory) and I've had to relink the davik.cache inside Link2SD.

Now it works fine.

Thanks!!!

Hi H3ROS, thanks again for your great work with this rom. I have an issue. Today I received a phone call while charging, and when I picked up it rebooted. I don't know if it has happened to any of you before, but it is quite annoying to have to wait untill thhe reboot is complete to call back. Any suggestion?

Were you charging from the wall or from a USB device?

Nobody else has reported such an issue, but I'll try to replicate your issue and retreive some information while doing it if possible.

Were you charging from the wall or from a USB device?

Nobody else has reported such an issue, but I'll try to replicate your issue and retreive some information while doing it if possible.

It was from the wall, thank you!

Guest Viento del Sur

Hello H3ros,

Always, I get Antutu test in all roms at 960Mgz. But H3v1.6 with your new governor does reboot.... It lock just in 3D-test... Is this normal?

Does that mean, but saves energy, may not give maximum performance for gaming or GPU?

Thx!

Edited by Viento del Sur

Where is the phone numbers blacklist?

In the call list I see the option "Add to black list", but then I cannot see the blacklist and I cannot remove a number from the blacklist.

@ Viento del Sur

The SmartassH3 governor is designed for battery saving and not pushing the phones performance, since doing that drains battery and that's the one thing people keep asking for more of. The stock settings shouldn't of caused a reboot since it doesn't overclock, unless you've pushed up the maximum figure? That or maybe you need to update AnTuTu?

SmartassH3 when in use will work perfectly fine for music, video and games such as angry birds. However, if you knew you was going to be gaming and you want that to run as flawlessly as possible then use the built in overclocker and set it to use the performance governor. If you do that you'll have no dips in performance but at the cost of battery.

@ jfabaf

Does it give you that option for unknown contacts? I thought I removed that option, since the dallier is from cyanogenmod, otherwise you'd be stuck with the ugly ZTE dallier.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Viento del Sur

@ Viento del Sur

The SmartassH3 governor is designed for battery saving and not pushing the phones performance, since doing that drains battery and that's the one thing people keep asking for more of. The stock settings shouldn't of caused a reboot since it doesn't overclock, unless you've pushed up the maximum figure? That or maybe you need to update AnTuTu?

SmartassH3 when in use will work perfectly fine for music, video and games such as angry birds. However, if you knew you was going to be gaming and you want that to run as flawlessly as possible then use the built in overclocker and set it to use the performance governor. If you do that you'll have no dips in performance but at the cost of battery.

oh, oh! The SmartassH3 is not the problem ... at least it directly...

I don't seek performance. But when I install a rom always I pass the test at 960 ondemand, to compare between them.

At that speed, the ondemand governor also blocks AnTuTu and reboot the phone. That never happens to me with any rom.

In both cases, when the AnTuTu obtained 39.? fps, failure occurs!

Will the problem because SmartassH3 it's buit into the overclock? Will the problem of some adreno teweak related? Or only happens to me ...?

Thanks for your answer

PS: My AnTuTu is updated.

Using the default settings (SmartassH3 with stock speeds) I can pass the AnTuTu test every time. There were some changes done to the other governors though, including ondemand as this ROM contains a version of the S2 kernel by C3C0 that he's not yet released for any of the other ROM's. I don't think ondemand would cause a problem, but I'll check shortly.

Guest FReShDoc

Thank you for your rom, very good job. It is possible to have a small fix to put the battery without percentage, I would love to change this. In any case good luck good job

@ FReShDoc

I've try to make a battery mod for it once I've finished work on the next update.

@ pablitobm88

I'm working on some big changes, and this is one of the included things.

Out of curiosity what side do you prefer the buttons on, the left or the right? When on the left it doesn't move the clock so it can look better, but sometimes it can crop an icon or two.

Perfect rom. Thanks.

I have a little problem with Auto Brightness.

I can't get it to have a smooth change.

It only changes in 2 or 3 stages..

I there something i can do to have a smooth change of brightness?

Brightness levels are controlled by some values within the framework, and if I remember correctly it has 7 or 8 steps and you won't notice them all too. I believe it will actually jump to a specific value so that there's no wait time for it to get to the level you require. So for example if I'm in the house and it's kind of dull then it'll lower the brightness since you'll have no glare. If, however, I step outside and the suns out then it'll quickly ramp up the brightness to maximum otherwise I wouldn't be able to see what's on the screen without covering my hand around the phone.

If you know of another ROM that has smooth brightness then I'll take a look, but the current fast method does help save some battery.

Edited by H3ROS