[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Sry that im posting here. But i think i need ask few issue with gameloft.

Yesterday i buy Babel Rising 3D game from gameloft because i look that its supported for skate now.

But on this Rom i got FC after tried running :/

same as with CM7 here.

Im very confused. Any other original game from gameloft ( so not warez ) running good. Splinter cell, fishing kings, etc

unnecessarily paid? this works too with warez so FC :D

Does it FC on a stock Skate ROM too? It's just that if I had to pick what could cause it it'd be one of the libs from CM7 that fixes the low float-point CPU score seen in stock ROM's, or it'd be the Adreno libs. It really depends on if a stock ROM works or not.

@ TouchyAndalou

I've added an option to remove the EQ but it's untested as I don't want to remove my EQ and don't have room for a backup at the moment.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest dibbles

Something strange going on with my phone and this ROM...

Flashed (totally clean) the 1.7 version and restored no apps to find that the microphone stopped working when making a call. It would only work if I had it set to hands free. There is no physical obstruction within the small hole at the bottom.

Flashed to...

http://www.modaco.co...oid-237-311012/

and, thankfully, it is back to working a treat.

Did a set of full wipes and formatted the system etc. Then tried the 1.7 again to find the same.

I have gone to the other ROM noted and it works fine..

I have now seen a version 2.0 of this ROM so when I have the time I will give it a try but I'm a little busy at the moment and with my wife in hospital I can't afford to not have a working phone.

Thanks again for sharing your work :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest betterthanjordan79

@ krystman

No volume steps addons as of yet. I know it's nice to have more volume steps, but that does kind of break music controls for when the screens off as you end up having to tap the button a lot.

@ TouchyAndalou

I didn't bother since the ROM itself is under the 150MB mark, but I could if you want it gone.

The old addon won't work as it's using a different settings.apk.

Hi H3ROS, you ROM is very very smooth and I really like it. I'm just wondering if you are considering creating an add on that will allow 1% volume increments. My headphone blow the ears off me when I have them at the lowest volume...Also would it be possible to get the pause and skip music controls on the lock screen ,Just a suggestion and again this is a great ROM and I will be using for a long time :-)

@ dibbles

Version 1.7 is built from the same source as SKatie, although it's rather heavily modified. And version 2.0 is built on an entierly different ROM so if it's broke in 1.7 then it should be fixed in 2.0 unless it's a kernel bug.

@ betterthanjordan79

The 100 volume steps wouldn't actually lower the volume. It basically smoothens out the audio range.

I can't see a simple way to add lockscreen music controls, but I know if you download PlayerPro it can control the lockscreen to add music controls. WidgetLocker is also supposed to control the audio too.

Guest betterthanjordan79

@ dibbles

Version 1.7 is built from the same source as SKatie, although it's rather heavily modified. And version 2.0 is built on an entierly different ROM so if it's broke in 1.7 then it should be fixed in 2.0 unless it's a kernel bug.

@ betterthanjordan79

The 100 volume steps wouldn't actually lower the volume. It basically smoothens out the audio range.

I can't see a simple way to add lockscreen music controls, but I know if you download PlayerPro it can control the lockscreen to add music controls. WidgetLocker is also supposed to control the audio too.

I installed the app "Fine Volume Control V2.0" and what it shows is that when the volume is at the lowest (at 0%) and I press volume up once it jumps all the way to 29%...So that is what i mean wen I'm only about it being to loud whereas if the 100 steps were there or even steps of 5 or 10 then it could produce lower volumes.

Again I am not giving out, I'm just giving a suggestion. I really do enjoy using this ROM.

Edited by betterthanjordan79

I'll create the addon so you can test it, but there will probably still be a jump for that first audio step. I'm not sure if it's kernel related, but I can't see any way to adjust it via the framework itself.

*EDIT*

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/RxRLF8yQY/

You might want to make a backup in clockworkmod before applying it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest betterthanjordan79

I'll create the addon so you can test it, but there will probably still be a jump for that first audio step. I'm not sure if it's kernel related, but I can't see any way to adjust it via the framework itself.

Ok thanks a million. If the add on doesn't fix it I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Volume being too loud on minimum level is a side effect of dolby being turned on.

I had the similar feeling that it's too loud on SKatie, too.

When dolby is turned off, minimum level seems to be just fine.

Oddly I can't reproduce that with Dolby.

If I enable or disable it the audio still seems to jump from 0% (silent) to 27%. With the application suggested (Fine Volume Control) you can access the levels lower than the 27% just fine too.

I'm not sure where the minimum volume level would be set. It could be in the framework or it could be in one of the libs.

I'll probably start working on other themes shorlty as I don't think theres any noticable bugs in the latest version. Just keep in mind that creating themes can take a while, although it should be much easier to theme towards ICS/JB since I can use the official resources :)

Guest krystman

*EDIT*

Thx Very good

Guest betterthanjordan79

*EDIT*

Oh i just seen this add on. Ill flash after work today!

I would like to find out where it gets the value from to do that first jump, but after scanning a lot of the framework and apk's for the value I can't see it anywhere. I'm not sure what effect adding an extra 27 would do to the 100 though, but if I had to guess it'll still have the jump and it'd then take 127 steps to get to 100%. As the same jumps in calls and notifications I'd say one of the libs has a minimum set value.

Unfortunately that's not it. The jump seems to be coming from another function.

*EDIT*

I've figured out how to do it. Heres the smali:

add-int/lit8 v0, v0, 0x5

div-int/lit8 v0, v0, 0xa

And heres the java:
 private void setStreamVolumeIndex(int stream, int index) {

AudioSystem.setStreamVolumeIndex(stream, (index + 5)/10);

}

I don't have the time right now to play around with all of the values in every function to do the 100 steps, but a quick test has shown that this does indeed change the steps.

Edited by H3ROS

Hi H3ROS, may be the answer is very simple, but I cannot find a way to turn off the low-battery message (and the buzz) when it is lower than 15%. It's annoying when you're doing something being interrupted by that. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Guest omegavesko

Hi H3ROS, may be the answer is very simple, but I cannot find a way to turn off the low-battery message (and the buzz) when it is lower than 15%. It's annoying when you're doing something being interrupted by that. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

You can disable the sound by deleting (or renaming) LowBattery.ogg in the /system partition. No way to disable the alert or the popup, I'm afraid.

Guest Ecki1979

I´ve tested v2.0 and came across one strange thing: Provider name got lost from lockscreen and notification areaafter 1 our of playing around withe phone. This does not occur in v1.7. Anyone else with a similar or the same issue?

Anyway, great custum rom. Thanks to H3ROS for this great work.

When the provider name goes missing do you still have full signal? I'll double check something a little later which handles that. I know I made changes in that area to do with the date format amoung other things, and the carrier label is one of them settings which can behave differently depending on your network provider. Personally with Giffgaff they're there all of the time.