[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest dibbles

Fresh install of 2.1 and all seems well.

The only minor issue is that when I send a text or end a cal (I'm with GiffGaff) I get the usual GiffGaff small window opening to tell me my current balance, which is fine, but then get a double beep sound that I can't seem to turn off. It is not within any notification settings that I have seen and I have only noticed it on this ROM.

Other than that feature all seems well :)

Guest WiiSky70

So , here's my latest feedback on your ROM H3ROS ;)

Known Issues :

- Some ghost fading on the launcher when scrolling beetween pages

- Sometimes the phone reboots and i don't know why

Need Improvements :

- Possibility of removing the boot animation

- Docking support (I saw it was removed on 2.0)

- Switch to AOSP 2.3 (Gingerbread Laucher)

- RTL Equalizer support

Edited by WiiSky70

@ Smash41

Have you got any of the applications linked to SD? I'd suggest clearing the cache and dalvik cache and relinking any applications.

@ dibbles

That alerts normal, at least for Gingerbread. It seems the only way you can currently shut it off is to have the phone in silent mode which I know isn't ideal, so I'll see if I can track down the function and make it optional.

@ jlcb78

I'll try to drain my phone and charge it. I've personally not noticed any reboots, but if a logcat could be captured then I'm sure it'd contain the error.

@ WiiSky70

- For your first point (ghost fading) I'd say thats mainly just GO Launcher EX. There are options that deal with its animations in it's settings, although I've not really tested them.

- The phone rebooting would be a more serious error, but I don't know where that error would be coming from without a logcat. It's likely to be something Orange has screwed up, much like their carrier bug which I previously fixed.

- The boot animation is stored in \system\media\ and simply deleting the file switches it back to the stock animation. Previously I used no animation at all, but some changes C3C0 made to the kernel kind of broke the option.

- With docking I seen changes around it, but it still looks to be there. I'm not sure if it's only visible when you've got a dock or I need to track down whats preventing it from being disabled. That's something someone would have to confirm.

- The GB Launcher could be an addon. I personally hate it.

- It's near impossible for me to change the EQ so that it supports RTL. I could change the EQ entirely, but is there even a good EQ out there that supports RTL, contains no adverts and boosts the volume too?

I'm currently working on a JB theme which I may release as a seperate ROM as it transforms the phone in some ways and requires me to edit a lot of the systems applications.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest dibbles
@ dibbles

That alerts normal, at least for Gingerbread. It seems the only way you can currently shut it off is to have the phone in silent mode which I know isn't ideal, so I'll see if I can track down the function and make it optional.

Thanks for anything that you can do but please don't put yourself out :) It is just a little inconvenient at times to have it do a double beep on the text confirmation.

IIRC - this Gingerbread ROM does not do it....

That'd be weird since H3B prior to 2.0 was based on the same source as SKatie, but I always had the beep to alert me how much credits reamining. Maybe the tone has been removed or something simple? I'll take a look once I've finished up my JB theme work.

Sneak peek:

S3VOf.png

Yes, it's really gingerbread and yes all of the buttons work.

The final version may look different. I've yet to decide on some things :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest dibbles

That'd be weird since H3B prior to 2.0 was based on the same source as SKatie, but I always had the beep to alert me how much credits reamining. Maybe the tone has been removed or something simple? I'll take a look once I've finished up my JB theme work.

I might be remembering wrong but I do know that I was surprised when I did hear the beeps.

In fact I have just tried that other ROM on my wife's phone and I can confirm that it does not do the double beep when the GiffGaff balance notification pops up after sending a text etc.

BTW the theme does indeed look very nice :)

Guest Blueton

Something strange going on with my phone and this ROM...

Flashed (totally clean) the 1.7 version and restored no apps to find that the microphone stopped working when making a call. It would only work if I had it set to hands free. There is no physical obstruction within the small hole at the bottom.

Flashed to...

http://www.modaco.co...oid-237-311012/

and, thankfully, it is back to working a treat.

Did a set of full wipes and formatted the system etc. Then tried the 1.7 again to find the same.

I have gone to the other ROM noted and it works fine..

I have now seen a version 2.0 of this ROM so when I have the time I will give it a try but I'm a little busy at the moment and with my wife in hospital I can't afford to not have a working phone.

Thanks again for sharing your work :)

I have this problem as weel. Been using this rom for over a week now - very nice rom as well- but no one can hear me if I make a call. If I have head phones on then the otherperson can just about hear me , the only way that the phone works properly is if the speaker is on , which isnt ideal. I had version 2 flashed and then upgraded to 2.1 and it is the same with both.

Any ideas as to what is happening.

many thanks

Guest dibbles

I have this problem as weel. Been using this rom for over a week now - very nice rom as well- but no one can hear me if I make a call. If I have head phones on then the otherperson can just about hear me , the only way that the phone works properly is if the speaker is on , which isnt ideal. I had version 2 flashed and then upgraded to 2.1 and it is the same with both.

Any ideas as to what is happening.

many thanks

This has happened to me on a couple of occasions with a custom ROM installed. I have taken the phone apart to ensure that the dust type grommet over the microphone is ok and also checked that the hole has not been blocked. It has happened once with my wife's phone.

At times it does make me reluctant to ever flash a ROM as it is usually at that point that I then discover it is either a problem or it isn't. I moved over to the ROM I noted above and then it was fine (I could be wrong on this but it only seemed to happen with the H3 ROM). I have recently tried a JB ROM and it was fine there too.

Much to my relief I have just totally wiped and then flashed the 2.1 of this H3 ROM ( I tend to keep coming back to this one as it simply works well for our needs ) and it works without the speakerphone / mic issue.

Sometimes a complete wipe and a format of the system and then install the full 2.1 might help you.

It is an issue when it happens but thankfully it hasn't been a permanent problem for me and hopefully it will not be the same for you.

Good luck :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest gitano_dbs

Hello, just wanna say thanks for this great and stable rom

I am new Skate user, my previous phone was HTC Wildfire on CM7, since i got the skate i tried one CM7 nightly, Paranoid CM9 and installed also CM10 Coldfusion x2, none of them i liked for everyday use, and finnally installed this rom, and only can say THANKS, finnally i am experiencing all the features of the phone.

Only thing i noticed on skate when comming from HTC wildfire its the poor responsiveness of the touchscreen compared to my previous phone, i really hate when press one icon and nothing happens, this room at least for me feels the better one in that, and hope can get better in the future in that aspect. Using the governor Ondemand at this moment, if theres other better choice for get better reponse on the touchscreen please advice me :)

Thanks again for all the great work.

Edited by gitano_dbs

@ jlcb78

I'll try to drain my phone and charge it. I've personally not noticed any reboots, but if a logcat could be captured then I'm sure it'd contain the error.

- The phone rebooting would be a more serious error, but I don't know where that error would be coming from without a logcat. It's likely to be something Orange has screwed up, much like their carrier bug which I previously fixed.

Hi H3ROS! Today I am charging the phone with the original ZTE charger (I was using my old HTC Wildfire one), and at the moment any reboot. I don't know anything about logcats. I have downloaded the aLogcat app from Google Play and I have saved a long *.txt archive. Is it useful to send you that file in order to see if there is any problem or should I save the logcat exactly when the issue happens?. I'm lost :blush:

Edited by jlcb78

I'm working on the theme still. It's a lot of work as many of the ICS/JB icons are scalled differently and become too large when put onto Gingerbread. Plus in some cases I'm having to flash between JB and H3B to check areas of my theme which I've had to create from scratch.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest gitano_dbs

Use SmartAss H3 governor. Scales much better and gives best efficiency of battery. Google touchrecalibrate.apk to improve touch screen responsiveness

thanks, did both things and now much better :)

Hi H3ROS, I noticed since 1.7 that at least on my Skate installation of Poweramp freezes (does not finish) when installing from Market and after that it is impossible to reboot...Best regards!

Guest zen_2610

Do you have linked applications? You could try clearing the cache and dalvik cache from clockworkmod.

Can U let us know when will u release the next version ? cheers :D

Guest WiiSky70

It was been a while , i see that you made progress on that last image that you provided to us a couple of posts left.

So are you working on the packaging of the newer release of the H3 Blue's .

Also i little hint , if this is going to be the Final Version name it : H3 Blues 2.3 (Becuse it's a gingerbread ROM)