[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

Ah yes, I remember now. Sorry about that. Maybe I'll include 32MB partitions too then, but I would advise people to either create a TPT with a 64MB cache or a 2MB cache.

Guest H3ROS

I'm not sure what else there is to show. I mean the dialer looks like a dialer, the calculator looks like the Jelly Bean calculator, the alarm app looks similar to what you're used to with Gingerbread and the camera app you can't really take a screenshot of. Then of course I don't want to show too much as I don't want to tease and I'd like for people to discover things on their own once I release the ROM.

I'm not sure what to do about the FM radio application as it currently uses the modified MIUI radio, which has poor volume control in my opinion. Having said that the stock FM radio also isn't great either so I don't know what do to with it.

Guest honigfisch

I dont know if this would be possible but cant you maybe boost the stock or modified radio with dolby or something like that for better audio quality?

Sry if i said something wrong :D

Edited by honigfisch

Guest H3ROS

That's pretty awesome! It looks really good for a device that can't have custom ROM's but does have root access. I just wish it worked on Gingerbread, but it seems like a lot of work to backport and it's probably not worth the effort.

Guest jtharmor

I'm not sure what else there is to show. I mean the dialer looks like a dialer, the calculator looks like the Jelly Bean calculator, the alarm app looks similar to what you're used to with Gingerbread and the camera app you can't really take a screenshot of. Then of course I don't want to show too much as I don't want to tease and I'd like for people to discover things on their own once I release the ROM.

I'm not sure what to do about the FM radio application as it currently uses the modified MIUI radio, which has poor volume control in my opinion. Having said that the stock FM radio also isn't great either so I don't know what do to with it.

Then what are we waiting for :)

Edited by jtharmor

Guest H3ROS

Polish to a few more of the icons, touching up the settings menu and I also need to modify the email app. Just the other day though I added more towards permission control as you can now block specific information based permissions e.g. in Skype I could block Microsoft from viewing my device ID or my sim card serial number.

Guest HeikoH

After playing around with this a little, I got to say it's smooth and nice, but lacks the common Cyanogenmod menu that I really need. Another thing is that Play Store stopped working and I couldn't get adb to work to diagnose (the phone was listed as "E:\" under Portable Devices, therefore being in MTP mode). The problem seemed to be in build.prop, because after removing the following lines, adb started working correctly. Could you look into that and maybe remove that mess from the next version?

persist.sys.timezone=Europe/London

persist.sys.usb.enable_switch=1

persist.sys.usb.linux_switch=1

persist.sys.usb.switch_pid=0x1354

persist.sys.usb.linux_pid=0x1350

persist.sys.usb.default.pid=0x83

persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate

Edited by HeikoH

Guest H3ROS

The Play Store in H3 Blues needs an update. It's version locked so that the icon sticks.

The ROM isn't based on Cynogenmod at all so it's not possible to add the menu. But if theres a specific feature in Cynogenmod that you need then I might be able to add it.

As for the values, they're set in the stock ZTE Skate ROM. So why it wouldn't let you access ADB I'm not sure as I never have a problem with it on my laptop. Although on my desktop I do, but that's a driver issue which I've not bothered to resolve.

Guest HeikoH

It's working fine now for some reason.

Ah I see, but at least the ROM is snappy and has buttons in notifications menu, so it isn't a huge loss not having CM. I'm just really used to it and would like to disable overflow and enable compact carrier label though. Everything else I can edit in build.prop.

Guest meso87

Hi! Don't know if somebody asked before, but what TPT I need on my phone?

I'm on v1b currently (150mb system/2mb cache)

Thank You!

Guest WiiSky70

I guess this topic is dead already ... I mean now it's gonna be a full year of no updated version of the H3 Blues ROM

Last update was in November 2012 . No minor updates made . At this rate we are only see another awesome GB ROM in early 2014

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest H3ROS

Take into account that I only sometimes work on this during weekends and that I've had a lot going on in my personal life.

The ROM is almost complete, but I want to also get something a little special working which will only add to the experience. And like I've said, once I've finished everything with the new ROM then I'll probably be releasing an updated H3 Blues. Currently H3 Blues hasn't needed an update since everything works, but there's now a few things I could do to improve it.

I'm currently thinking of what I should call my new ROM and the one name that seems to stand out to me is H3 Holo, since holo is the actual theme and it's neither ICS or JB.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest dibbles

It would be great, when you feel it is approrpriate, for the evolution of the H3 Blues ROM to emerge as H3 Holo - it has a nice sound to it :)

Does it by chance use the Holo launcher...?

I just hope that we both still have our phones by the time it is released :) <<<<< That is not a cheap dig I assure you but we are looking at something a little "better" and maybe the Huawei G615 will fit that bill.?

Guest H3ROS

It does use Holo Launcher, but you'll notice that it's faster than normal :)

It will probably be released way before you get a new phone. In fact I'm sure that if I could squeeze in a few hours then I could get it done rather quickly, but at the moment I'm very busy and I'm also trying to get something else working for my ROM which I'm sure others will use too.

Guest poludeli_kaktus

Take into account that I only sometimes work on this during weekends and that I've had a lot going on in my personal life.

The ROM is almost complete, but I want to also get something a little special working which will only add to the experience. And like I've said, once I've finished everything with the new ROM then I'll probably be releasing an updated H3 Blues. Currently H3 Blues hasn't needed an update since everything works, but there's now a few things I could do to improve it.

I'm currently thinking of what I should call my new ROM and the one name that seems to stand out to me is H3 Holo, since holo is the actual theme and it's neither ICS or JB.

H3 Holo Blues :)

Guest dibbles

It does use Holo Launcher, but you'll notice that it's faster than normal :)

It will probably be released way before you get a new phone. In fact I'm sure that if I could squeeze in a few hours then I could get it done rather quickly, but at the moment I'm very busy and I'm also trying to get something else working for my ROM which I'm sure others will use too.

Too late :D

Just bought a couple of Motorola Razr i phones, as 3 are selling them off rather cheap - they were unlocked as well. Best of luck with your development and if the skate is still in the drawer when you release your updated ROM I might dust it down :)

Guest H3ROS

I think I seen that offer when I was out before. It was about £149 in store, which is pretty good for the phones spec.

The ROM should be released shortly now. I've done some work to the kernel and it's modules which has resulted in a speed boost. It's not something you'll see in benchmarks all too much, but the device itself feels a lot more responsive even at it's stock speed.

Guest dibbles

It should be a great ROM when you have finished :)

Yup the phone was £150 (but had to buy a £10 card) and neither of us could believe the differences in smoothness, quality and vividness of the screen as well as how phenomenal the camera is. My wife did not want one at the time that I got mine until I took a photo of her with her Monte Carlo and then using my Razr i. The difference was unbelievable, no more blurry washed out blue tinged image with little detail. Nedless to say she went back to the shop to buy one.

The Monte Carlo has served us well but the Motorola is certainly head and shoulders beyond that and, whilst they are there, a great buy considering that ebuyer are still charging over £300 for it.

Edited by dibbles