[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest omegavesko

I've heard great things about the razr i, myself. I would be a bit worried about compatibility with apps not built for Intel chips, though. Have you had any problems with that?

Guest utternoob

I've heard great things about the razr i, myself. I would be a bit worried about compatibility with apps not built for Intel chips, though. Have you had any problems with that?

There is a library file that maintains comparability with most apps on the Play Store. The number that don't actually work is quite low. My San Diego has the same chip as the RAZR I but slower and runs most apps perfectly

Guest dibbles

I have had zero problems with any game or app tha tI have installed.

The photos and 1080p video is simply stunning. To be able to play it on the phone and then for it to be watched on our Panasonic Plasma TV (DNLA linked) is truly brilliant.

The only caveat is a locked bootloader which when unlocked compromises your warranty. I would need to do that to get root. But I see little reason in doing so.

We both are seriously impressed with this phone and the CPU seems to be really good....

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6330/the-iphone-5-review/10

looking at the above graphs it seems to be quite responsive, which indeed it is.

Guest WiiSky70

Hey peoples . Im planning to get rid of my old Monte Carlo and get an MediaTek device with the MT6589 Chipset soon (Q3 of this year) .

Anyone knows a mid-range phone with the MT6589 Chipset :) ? Cheers :D

Edited by WiiSky70

"This vulnerability makes it possible to change an application’s code without affecting the cryptographic signature of the application – essentially allowing a malicious author to trick Android into believing the app is unchanged even if it has been."

Well, isn't modifying apps without breaking signature something ROM devs are being using for years? ;) This smells like a scam to me.

Guest H3ROS

It's slightly different. Check out the following github link and you'll see the exploited apk will contain 2 classes.dex and it's the modified newer file that gets loaded.

https://github.com/F...droidMasterKeys

Google has sent out a patch to OEM's and CyanogenMod have also patched it.

http://review.cyanog...ip/ZipFile.java

http://review.cyanog...ipFileTest.java

Edited by H3ROS

Hmm. I ran the scanner on my device running android 4.2.1 official rom made by Chinese manufacturer and it says it's patched. Surprising :)

Guest H3ROS

That's a little weird if you've not received an update since you'd expect it to have the same issue. I've heard of some phones such as the Galaxy S4 and the Xperia S/T/J all being patched already though.

Guest WiiSky70

I'm currently working on the email app and then it should be pretty much done with :)

Does the Google Hangouts feature is integrated on the ROM ?

Also what changes since H3 Blues v2.2 can you tell us ?

Guest H3ROS

I've decided not to replace Talk with Hangouts since Hangouts sucks at this point in time. Yes it looks much better, but it doesn't do basic things like tell you which contacts are online. It's being rated very poorly for that reason too. So I'll only include Hangouts with the ROM when it's actually got things like user status.

As for comparing it to H3B, I guess it would go a little something like:

• Cleaned up the dialer, themed it, added vibrate on touch and animations
  • Enhanced the alarm clock
  • Audio re-router to fix audio issues in apps such as Skype and Viber
  • Modified the camera so that the preview area is larger. I've also added in hardware buttons to take pictures and focus
  • Updated and enhanced the file manager
  • App permissions can be controlled (this is at the framework level, so it's not just an app I've added in)
  • The image viewer is better
  • The browser is better
  • The email client is better
  • It's patched from the master key exploit
  • It's got a new kernel with a secret weapon
  • It's way more optimized
  • Everything looks nicer

And theres other minor things too.

I forgot that I've actually got a few of the well hidden menu icons that I need to clean up and I also need to take a look at the the emergency dialer. I'm getting close now though :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70

I've decided not to replace Talk with Hangouts since Hangouts sucks at this point in time. Yes it looks much better, but it doesn't do basic things like tell you which contacts are online. It's being rated very poorly for that reason too. So I'll only include Hangouts with the ROM when it's actually got things like user status.

As for comparing it to H3B, I guess it would go a little something like:

• Cleaned up the dialer, themed it, added vibrate on touch and animations
  • Enhanced the alarm clock
  • Audio re-router to fix audio issues in apps such as Skype and Viber
  • Modified the camera so that the preview area is larger. I've also added in hardware buttons to take pictures and focus
  • Updated and enhanced the file manager
  • App permissions can be controlled (this is at the framework level, so it's not just an app I've added in)
  • The image viewer is better
  • The browser is better
  • The email client is better
  • It's patched from the master key exploit
  • It's got a new kernel with a secret weapon
  • It's way more optimized
  • Everything looks nicer

And theres other minor things too.

I forgot that I've actually got a few of the well hidden menu icons that I need to clean up and I also need to take a look at the the emergency dialer. I'm getting close now though :)

He will be getting some of your easter eggs when it gets released ?

Also are you will supporting the rom ?

Guest H3ROS

Maybe theres stuff you'll noticed, but theres nothing really hidden in there.

I'll be supporting the ROM for a while, but I plan on having pretty much everything working at launch ;)

Guest WiiSky70

But it won't have the same updates of this rom.

If you want updated stock rom just download and install ZTE Updater Tool from ZTE Support Website ;)

Guest shokohiw

Thanks to the author for the firmware, the best firmware from those that I have found!

And you can make the appearance of sens 3.5

Guest xander21

If you want updated stock rom just download and install ZTE Updater Tool from ZTE Support Website ;)

It looks so simple... How do you flash a stock rom with CWM installed ?

Isn't possible only by FTM ?

Edited by xander21

Guest WiiSky70

It looks so simple... How do you flash a stock rom with CWM installed ?

Isn't possible only by FTM ?

Well do the following instructions to get both Stock ROM and Stock Recovery partition

1. Go to : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1353526 and choose which ROM originally shipped with your device and download the package

2. Place the .ZIP package on the Desktop and uncompress it there (Folder with the files)

3. Download this tool : http://www.modaco.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=72484

4. Open TPTGENERATOR included on the RAR that you've downloaded

5. Select the folder with the Stock Firmware (e.x : P743X_COUNTRY_V.1.0.0B0X)

6. Build the image.bin file and create "image" folder and place the image.bin file into that folder

7. With your SD Card copy the folder and it's content to the root of the SD Card

8. With your phone TURNED OFF press this key-combinations simoultaniesly to flash the firmware files all together (Vol + , Menu key and Power Key)

9. The T-Flash Card upgrade screen appears with a progress bar . Wait till says "update finished" the device will reboot and you have the Stock FTM Mode and Stock Firmware ready to use

TO UPDATE JUST TURN OFF THE PHONE AND DOWNLOAD THE ZTE UPDATER TOOL . INSTALL IT . LET HIM AUTO-UPDATE ITSELF .

AND FINALLY TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL UPDATE PACKAGE PRESS (Vol- , Menu Key and Power Key) till the FTM Mode appears . CONNECT THE USB AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS .

Guest xander21

Well do the following instructions to get both Stock ROM and Stock Recovery partition

1. Go to : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1353526 and choose which ROM originally shipped with your device and download the package

2. Place the .ZIP package on the Desktop and uncompress it there (Folder with the files)

3. Download this tool : http://www.modaco.co...attach_id=72484

4. Open TPTGENERATOR included on the RAR that you've downloaded

5. Select the folder with the Stock Firmware (e.x : P743X_COUNTRY_V.1.0.0B0X)

6. Build the image.bin file and create "image" folder and place the image.bin file into that folder

7. With your SD Card copy the folder and it's content to the root of the SD Card

8. With your phone TURNED OFF press this key-combinations simoultaniesly to flash the firmware files all together (Vol + , Menu key and Power Key)

9. The T-Flash Card upgrade screen appears with a progress bar . Wait till says "update finished" the device will reboot and you have the Stock FTM Mode and Stock Firmware ready to use

TO UPDATE JUST TURN OFF THE PHONE AND DOWNLOAD THE ZTE UPDATER TOOL . INSTALL IT . LET HIM AUTO-UPDATE ITSELF .

AND FINALLY TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL UPDATE PACKAGE PRESS (Vol- , Menu Key and Power Key) till the FTM Mode appears . CONNECT THE USB AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS .

And how choose my rom ? :unsure:

I have ZTE Skate (not the SFR or the Orange one) but the rom could be the ZTE V960... That where i block.