[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest dibbles

Contact pictures work fine for me and my wife with no issues. The dialler as a whole seems great now that the call log fix has been applied. As for the tethering issue, if that is what it is, I would not know as we never use it.

Edited by dibbles

Guest sacat

hi h3ros

i find that for the crash of h3 blues setting/ power control settings / tasks settings. It crash only if my language is set to french (french belgique or french canada or french france all french language) lol. But with english, deutch or other languages, no crash. What is this loool ???

remember that i can go in screen tasks settings with no crash, the application com.power crashes only if i go down on the screen.

contact pictures works fine

Guest H3ROS

I'm looking into things. At the moment I think I might take my time on fixing these problems as they're not super important and I can then put out a more polished release in a few days.

Guest PejotA

H3ros surely your help this forum is something extraordinary and we can not thank him for his great dedication to the ZTE Skate ... I downloaded your rom and it was really good ... Congratulations my friend ... So always keep in aiding and developing things as good as this rom! thanx

:D:D:D

Guest ErCordobes

Your rom is famous in htcmania (spanish forum). Jajajaja.

Good work! I will be tuned for the next update!

Thanks you!

Guest manny0123

Anyone else's screen stay on? I've noticed it after I've had a call. Even though my screen timeout is set to 1 minute it will just stay on until I reboot it.

Guest felystar
Silly question as i've changed my TPT when I first got my phone and can't remember which one.

Any way of checking?

Download from Play Store "TPT Helper" ;)

Guest jtharmor

Is this ROM copy of Atomic ? Cant find anything new in this......what are the major diff between this and Atomic R13 ?

Guest Der_Floo

Is this ROM copy of Atomic ? Cant find anything new in this......what are the major diff between this and Atomic R13 ?

OH no ! :o dont ask it please!!!

Guest Dionisius

it is a litle more stable, more faster and HD games and visualisation its more eficient and smooter

sry my english

and heros THX :D my new rom, THX a lot "gg"

Guest H3ROS

@ jtharmor

As you're asking what the major differences are against R13, they're here:

* This is a full Android 2.3.5 ROM and R13 isn't

* This has full Dolby audio and R13 doesn't have Dolby at all

* This is rocking a custom theme and R13 is trying to look like ICS

* This has bloat removed and R13 only just fits onto a 150MB partition

* This has optimized memory handling, smoother scrolling, better battery life and faster boot times

* This has 2G/3G and WiFi tethering toggles and R13 doesn't

So it's not even close to being a copy when this does stuff that even the latest version of AtomicMod doesn't.

I think I've said this before, but I wish I hadn't of used the theme by Tillaz originally on AtomICS as it would of shown how different the internals of it all actually were. That's why I had my own set of bugs and when Tillaz released R14 he ended up having to fix the same bugs that I'd already fixed.

When things kicked off before I said I'd deliver something new and different and I have with H3 Blues.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

@ jtharmor

As you're asking what the major differences are against R13, they're here:

* This is a full Android 2.3.5 ROM and R13 isn't

* This has full Dolby audio and R13 doesn't have Dolby at all

* This is rocking a custom theme and R13 is trying to look like ICS

* This has bloat removed and R13 only just fits onto a 150MB partition

* This has optimized memory handling, smoother scrolling, better battery life and faster boot times

* This has 2G/3G and WiFi tethering toggles and R13 doesn't

So it's not even close to being a copy when this does stuff that even the latest version of AtomicMod doesn't.

I think I've said this before, but I wish I hadn't of used the theme by Tillaz originally on AtomICS as it would of shown how different the internals of it all actually were. That's why I had my own set of bugs and when Tillaz released R14 he ended up having to fix the same bugs that I'd already fixed.

When things kicked off before I said I'd deliver something new and different and I have with H3 Blues.

not looking to argue but alot of your theme .png's are from miui...

and all the init.d scripts for memory tweaks and stuff are the same as from R13 witch where there as early as R1

(no saying you copied, but there all the same files)

and about fixing the same bugs... that's because of the stock rom zte released..

also.. you still have this file >>> "move_cache_sd" in system/xbin wich is from when i included dark tremor app2sd..

i forgot to remove this file when switching to link2sd.

it has no use without all the other files and scripts... (you should remove it)

i think the final release of atomic has better battery and performance, its now got tweaks no other rom has...

plus 2d graphics are fixed (no need to use lagfree governor, like in H3 blues)

other than that, i think you have done a good job with the rom and the theme... but this whole "mine is better than yours" is getting boring..

i will even share the improvements with you for you rom...

Guest H3ROS

The resources are based off MIUI and thats by design, but it's still much different looking. Also my init.d script for memory handling is based off the AtomicMod one as it saves me making single scripts for different things, but I've since changed its values to improve it. But the other scripts are used in other ROM's here, XDA and found all over the net, not just AtomicMod. Also I've got parameters in use in my build.prop that nobody else here has, plus I've fully updated my installation script which again is different to any ROM found here.

I noticed that the cache relocation script was left in the xbin directory when someone mentioned it on another forum. I left it there by error, probably from when I was having issues with superuser and busybox as I handle them a little differently.

Personally I've never really singled out a ROM to compete with, but people seem to keep asking the same questions, like they want to stir things up. I just list what the ROM does and to me personally I feel this is the best performing gingerbread ROM, but that's just my opinion. Not everyone will agree with it but some will, just like some might say yours is better for them.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

and to me personally I feel this is the best performing gingerbread ROM,

well, i think every one would say that about there rom.. and maybe it is at the moment, but not the final release (in my opinion, and benchmarks)

anyway those extra build.prop things... do you mean the qualcomm stuff? i don't think anyone knows what they actually do...

Guest Viento del Sur

Sorry, I do not dispute.

I'm interested in this:

also.. you still have this file >>> "move_cache_sd" in system/xbin wich is from when i included dark tremor app2sd..

i forgot to remove this file when switching to link2sd.

it has no use without all the other files and scripts... (you should remove it)

but, if I delete this file I can't move the Dalvik to SD with link2sd ... Why?

Guest H3ROS

well, i think every one would say that about there rom.. and maybe it is at the moment, but not the final release (in my opinion, and benchmarks)

anyway those extra build.prop things... do you mean the qualcomm stuff? i don't think anyone knows what they actually do...

But thats the thing, this isn't my final release :P

Me adding things and bringing stuff to the table pretty much forces you to add the same stuff, like with your recent set of changes some of that will be similar or the same as what I've added. And that's cool and everything because people who use our software benefit from it.

I setup a few parameters in build.prop, not just the qualcomm stuff. I just put some of them under experimental as I'm still testing different params and many of them are undocumented which is a shame.

Guest tillaz

Sorry, I do not dispute.

I'm interested in this:

but, if I delete this file I can't move the Dalvik to SD with link2sd ... Why?

i didn't think link2sd could even do that... first iv heard

Guest tillaz

But thats the thing, this isn't my final release tongue.png

Me adding things and bringing stuff to the table pretty much forces you to add the same stuff, like with your recent set of changes some of that will be similar or the same as what I've added. And that's cool and everything because people who use our software benefit from it.

I setup a few parameters in build.prop, not just the qualcomm stuff. I just put some of them under experimental as I'm still testing different params and many of them are undocumented which is a shame.

just because you release an update before me dose not mean i have not already added this stuff in the final release...

for instance, the 1 to 20 audio steps is something i added a while ago when i disabled scrolling cache... BUT, 1 to 20 is different any way

2g/3g toggle has been coming for while from me, if you read the thread..

you now use miui file manager and the power control.apk among other things i noticed, so its quite clear you get ideas from my updates

there's also new things in the final release.. like the fix for 2d graphics scoring low (without using lagfree like in H3 blues)

witch will no doubt force you to include it.. along with the other new things (not that is a problem,)

Guest H3ROS

I've had a lot of them around the same time as C3C0 as he's shared some bits with me. And you may say you've had these things done a while ago, but I just have a hard time believing that because the improved memory management stuff, audio steps, scrolling cache disabled via code etc. you've never mentioned any of it and why weren't they in earlier releases but they're showing up now that I have them.

MIUI file manager I've adopted as it's a good file manager, but mines modified just like GO Launcher EX. Power controls I'm removing as I've found something out about it and don't want my ROM removed.

Guest tillaz

I've had a lot of them around the same time as C3C0 as he's shared some bits with me. And you may say you've had these things done a while ago, but I just have a hard time believing that because the improved memory management stuff, audio steps, scrolling cache disabled via code etc. you've never mentioned any of it and why weren't they in earlier releases but they're showing up now that I have them.

MIUI file manager I've adopted as it's a good file manager, but mines modified just like GO Launcher EX. Power controls I'm removing as I've found something out about it and don't want my ROM removed.

i cant see any where that your rom has scrolling cache disabled... in your first post or code...

memory management is totally different.. with new scripts and other files you don't have...

i came across this on xda a while ago http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1411317 and included them

as for the rest just read threw the atomic thread and you will see it mentioned...

Guest H3ROS

That's almost the exact tut I used to track down the volume steps and while I was at it I disabled the scrolling cache. Notice I document it as "smoother scrolling", that'd be why it's there and why I also thank XDA.

Edited by H3ROS