[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest xander21

If you download anything under "download" then you get the complete ROM.

If you download the update then that's designed for people who don't want to download the complete ROM and would rather update to the latets version.

I'm currently wanting some strings translated and I'm hoping that a few people here could help. Basically I need "Email Accounts" and "Unread Email" translated into your languages.

I think in Spanish "Unread Email" is "No leído Email" and "Email Accounts" can be "Cuentas de Email", correct?

You could use google translate for 2 words, there is no much chance to make it wrong ! :-p

Anyway, in French it's :

Email Accounts : Comptes de messagerie

Unread Email : Messages non lus

Guest Paun21

Serbian

Email Account - Nalog elektronske pošte or Nalog E-pošte

Email Accounts - Nalozi elektornske pošte or Nalozi E-pošte

Unread Email - Nepročitane elektornske poruke or Nepročitane E-poruke

Edited by Paun21

Guest omegavesko

Serbian

Email Account - Nalog elektronske pošte or Nalog E pošte

Email Accounts - Nalozi elektornske pošte or Nalozi E pošte

Unread Email - Nepročitane elektornske poruke or Nepročitane E poruke

This is correct. :) (though shouldn't it be E-pošte/E-poruke?)

Edited by omegavesko

Guest Belgrade style

You didn't write right in all sentences word "elektronske" (serbian language). And it's better E-pošta than Elektronska pošta

Edited by Belgrade style

Guest Paun21

zasto nije ispravno "nalog elektronske poste" ? meni je to bolje nego Nalog E-poste, ovo prvo je daleko pravilnije prevedeno jer je i samo email skracenica, to isto kao da ti u meniju stoji sms umesto "poruke" . Ako kontas sta hocu da kazem

Guest Belgrade style

Mozda je pravilnije to tvoje gramaticki ali ovako svi pisu kada je fon na srpskom. Slikao sam ti kako je na mom telefonu.

post-1005200-13756241280819_thumb.jpg

Guest H3ROS

news?

Working on it still. The email apps done, but now I'm trying to get dividers to behave correctly as they're treated differently in Gingerbread than ICS and up. Other ROM's such as AtomicMod have messy dividers and I'm wanting to avoid that.

I may release a public beta version soon.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest omegavesko

It seems to work:

abtqoX7.png

I can't find any modules that will install on Gingerbread, though.

Edited by omegavesko

Guest H3ROS

Just FYI.

There's a port of xposed framework for GB.

But I'm not sure if it works on armv6.

But you can find out yourself.

That's awesome news! Thanks :)

I'll have to try it out as I see it also offers XPrivacy, but I've already got something applied at the framework level to control permissions. If XPrivacy works any better then I'll probably end up switching to that.

Edit: I may need to compile it myself when I've got a few minutes as theres a bug.

private static String getBinariesFolder() {

if (Build.CPU_ABI.startsWith("armeabi-v7"))

return "armv7-a/";

else if (Build.CPU_ABI.startsWith("armeabi-v6"))

return "armv5te/";

else if (Build.CPU_ABI.startsWith("armeabi-v5"))

return "armv5te/";

else if (Build.CPU_ABI.startsWith("x86"))

return "x86/";

else

return null;

}
 private static String getBusyboxBinary() {

if (Build.CPU_ABI.startsWith("armeabi-"))

return "busybox-xposed-arm";

else if (Build.CPU_ABI.startsWith("x86"))

return "busybox-xposed-x86";

else

return null;

}

Stock Gingerbread doesn't have "armeabi-", just "armeabi". So currently it won't install.

Edit: Okay, I've got it all working. You'll probably see my fix in the official version shortly.

Scrolling in XPrivacy seems very laggy. It's probably because they're not using a view holder and refreshing on getView for each row. That plus you can tell that the app is hacked together for Gingerbread as theres a lot of UI errors too. For that reason I'll probably stick with what I have already as I want to try to get a release out soon and this would only delay me.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest omegavesko

I'll have to try it out as I see it also offers XPrivacy, but I've already got something applied at the framework level to control permissions. If XPrivacy works any better then I'll probably end up switching to that.

What are you using now? OpenPDroid or something similar?

Edited by omegavesko

Guest H3ROS

A modified version of PDroid. It doesn't block the internet permission, but that's nothing AFWall+ can't handle and it's way faster than XPrivacy.

Edited by H3ROS

Sort of. I've been playing around with the dividers in settings menus, trying to find something that looks good across all apps. I've also found a force close issue that I'm going to try to fix. That issues actually within H3 Blues too because if you enable WiFi (from the quick menu) and then enable hotspots and then re-enable WiFi it'll cause the status bar to crash.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I've also been working on a new kernel for the ROM. It should be the fastest kernel for the Skate as a few optimizations have been made.

Edited by H3ROS

It's almost done lol. It's just that I spend maybe an hour on it every few days instead of many hours within a single day, which I know would help to get things done, but I'm just that busy.

I do want to get a version out soon, even if things aren't fully baked in some areas as theres nothing stopping me from patching it as I go. That and the fact that the ROM is perfectly stable and usable in it's current state. I guess the main reason I've not released anything yet is because I don't want to provide patches for a BETA version. I'd rather upload a complete ROM each time because then I know things will behave exactly as intended.

Edited by H3ROS

The kernel is something I'm focusing heavily on right now. I could update it entirely, but that's a lot of work so instead I'm looking at which patches look the best for our device. That doesn't mean that you'll see any difference in benchmarks, but it can help to make things feel smoother. Having said that though my I/O score in Quadrant went up over 100 points yesterday :) Tonight I'll also be monitoring my battery since I've attempted to undervolt WiFi to save a little more juice.

I'm going to see if I can get things ready for public testing by the 1st Sept.

Guest Uncharitable

WOW!

I think your ROM will be the best ROM for our Skate!

Yes! Finally a date! =D

Your new kernel... Can you compare it with an existig kernel?