[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

@ sashko69

That's actually the first thing I tried. The skate has no generic.kl, and editing qwerty.kl, skate_keypad.kl and android.policy.jar had little to no effect. It'd only sometimes turn the phone on if I mashed up and down buttons a lot. I'll continue to look into it though.

@ WiiSky70

It will be a new ROM. And everything you see in these pictures may change either a little or a lot. For example, I may change the lockscreen power and alarm icons or I may keep them how they are.

I'm working on the ROM little by little and I'm trying to polish each area before I move onto the next. I still have a fair bit to do.

post-954400-0-29849500-1358362548_thumb. post-954400-0-06694300-1358362566_thumb.

post-954400-0-45516500-1358362657_thumb. post-954400-0-89282900-1358362676_thumb.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TouchyAndalou

The theme is looking really good, H3ROS. Personally I much prefer the stock ICS 'numerical' battery icon, and I think the Jelly Bean lockscreen is better, but obviously this is personal taste. Can't wait to try the new ROM out!

By numeric do you mean a bar with numbers to the left of it? At the moment I've tried to make everything as stock as possible as I did try some different battery icons, but I couldn't find a set I was comfy with.

Heres a bunch of them: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1434061

In case anyone else is wondering, everything in them pictures is done by modifying stock Android 2.3.5. There's no applications or services running for the lockscreen or anything else you see. And I know some things aren't 100% Jelly Bean, like I know the tabs in Jelly Bean can be a little different to ICS, so this is a mix between the two. Also some things like the text and icons in tabs is required, otherwise I could break some applications downloaded from the market that were designed for Gingerbread.

I probably won't add the background effects to things like the settings menu as I found that when enabled scrolling becomes extremely choppy. At the moment scrolling is fast and smooth so I'm going to favour performance over looks in some areas. That is of course unless I find a way to prevent the choppiness.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70

By numeric do you mean a bar with numbers to the left of it? At the moment I've tried to make everything as stock as possible as I did try some different battery icons, but I couldn't find a set I was comfy with.

In case anyone else is wondering, everything in them pictures is done by modifying stock Android 2.3.5. There's no applications or services running for the lockscreen or anything else you see. And I know some things aren't 100% Jelly Bean, like I know the tabs in Jelly Bean can be a little different to ICS, so this is a mix between the two. Also some things like the text and icons in tabs is required, otherwise I could break some applications downloaded from the market that were designed for Gingerbread.

I probably won't add the background effects to things like the settings menu as I found that when enabled scrolling becomes extremely choppy. At the moment scrolling is fast and smooth so I'm going to favour performance over looks in some areas. That is of course unless I find a way to prevent the choppiness.

I personally think that releasing the JB Theme as an Addon is a good idea , i don't like stuff too modded and JB on top of GB it doesn't seem very right.

But the choice is yours ;)

The reason is that it's a little more than a theme. The files contain different code, not just image changes, so some of the addons can't be shared between the two ROM's. It'll also have some different applications, so it's easier for me to maintain as it's own thing.

Guest WiiSky70

The reason is that it's a little more than a theme. The files contain different code, not just image changes, so some of the addons can't be shared between the two ROM's. It'll also have some different applications, so it's easier for me to maintain as it's own thing.

Well you made a fair point :) . I will be waiting to see the new ROM on our Skate by the end of the month

Guest TouchyAndalou

Yeah, either the bar with the numbers to the left, or even just the numbers on their own look good I think. It was the numbers on their own I was actually thinking of, although I guess that would work best with a centre clock mod. I'll post a pic of what I'm thinking of tomorrow when I'm on my computer anyway, just to give you another idea.

The mix of ICS and JB sounds good and should give your new ROM a certain uniqueness.

For the launcher, have you considered using Holo? I know it's a personal thing and whatever one you include it's easy for people to change it, but I thought I'd mention it because it seems like it'd go well with the ROM. I started using it about a month back because I got sick of Go launcher and I've found it to be really smooth. Its simpler than Go, much lighter on resources, doesn't have all the ads and add-ons, and of course its look is based on stock ICS.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

I did try just numbers before by the way, but when not centered it blends with the time and looks weird. I also can't use centered time due to the soft key support built into the ROM. Personally I prefer it on the right anyway.

Holo is actually the launcher I'm using with the ROM in the pictures. I've further tweaked it too to increase it's responsiveness :)

Guest MiguelG

As I've tweaked my performance script you'll notice that you now have more memory if you're on the stock TPT or have the 35 MB cache. Previously the ROM would redirect the cache regardless which was a waste of 35 MB.

@H3ROS

I flashed a TPT that has 35MB cache.

When installing "large" (more than 35MB) apps from the Play Store I get an error (498) that seems to be related with insufficient cache space. Could it be related to the changes you applied for this kind of partition setup? Is there anything I can do besides flash a new TPT with 2MB cache?

BTW, nice ROM... using it for less than 24h and had FX2 before, but I was missing the Camera and GB works way better with Link2SD.

Guest TouchyAndalou

@H3ROS

I flashed a TPT that has 35MB cache.

When installing "large" (more than 35MB) apps from the Play Store I get an error (498) that seems to be related with insufficient cache space. Could it be related to the changes you applied for this kind of partition setup? Is there anything I can do besides flash a new TPT with 2MB cache?

BTW, nice ROM... using it for less than 24h and had FX2 before, but I was missing the Camera and GB works way better with Link2SD.

I've flashed a 2MB cache TPT and I get the same error, specifically when trying to install Angry Birds Star Wars. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Guest emilpoul

Heroes , how to activate in build prop to have soft buttons / keys to any custom ROM GB I use

Edit:just discover it :P :D

Edited by emilpoul

• 2 weeks later...