Help me with my battery

Guest gguedes

Guest gguedes

Can someone please tell me, how do i do for re-calibrating my zte skate battery?? because its only have duration of one day or less.

Help me!

Guest Josh92

Can't help with how to recalibrate, but I get about the same out of it, what I'm expecting though, if I can get a solid day out of it then that's fine with me to charge overnight.

What ROM are you on and do you use mobile internet permanently on? I'm on CFX with 3G always on.

Guest timfimjim

Modern smartphones aren't really expected to have much better battery life than a day or two.

You could try ceco's kernel for CFX, that's supposed to have better battery life.

Or, you could try a different ROM. The gingerbread ROMs based on stock have great battery life. Try AtomicMod / H3 Blues / SKatie.

If you do want to calibrate your battery, go into CWM recovery, under advanced / wipe battery stats. Then charge the phone to full, then let it discharge fully in one go, then charge the phone to full again.

Hope this helps.

Guest gguedes

what kernel? tilal's or cec0? because i have tried both and its the same, my battery dead a little early of the end of the day. :S

Guest gguedes

I have tried that method at cwm. but its doesn´t work :/

I have tried too all of the roms for zte skate and all of them have the same result ( battery re-charging at the end of the day)

Guest gguedes

yes. and i have battery saver activated :/ i don´t understand why samsung galaxy s have (+/-) the same battery, and the duration is awesome.

Guest felystar

For the CWR method you have to wipe battery stats then CHARGE YOUR PHONE AND LET IT DRAIN AGAIN UNTILL IT TURNS OFF AND THEN CHARGE IT AGAIN. it seems like you didnt do it because you posted five minutes after the guy that told you that

Edited by felystar

Guest Andy725

Make sure the battery is at 100% when you wipe the battery stats and let it run down to 0% before charging again. Turn of the WIFI, 3G and GPS if your not using them. Turn the brightness down as much as possible. A combination of only a 1400 battery and "4.3 screen will mean the battery life will never be brilliant but you have to make the best of it. I am getting over 12 hours use but most of that is reading ebooks which is probaly not taking up as much battery as other Apps or using WIFI/GPS. GPS really drains the battery fast i have found if its being used by maps in the background. Go into about device and battery to see what has been uisng the juice.

Guest jcmyall

Please do as suggested again with the wiping of the battery stats. Wipe battery status once the phone is at 100%. Then leave it on. Don't even touch the phone if you can help it. If you can't... Keep usage down to a minimum and wait until the phone dies off completely (That's 0% charge left, and the phone is switching itself off) After this charge it overnight, or at least six hours. This way you'll know that your phone can now read the battery levels more accurately than before.

Other than that... Change all push email settings to sync every few hours (rather than instantly, or multiple times in one hour). Make sure you've not got any applications running in the background ("Check "Apps" in Settings, Facebook is a total bitch for this). Turn off GPS and automatic account syncing. If you don't need the faster network connections (through your phone's network) then go into the Mobile Network settings and turn on "Only use 2G networks". This will suffice for Whatsapp and any other instant messaging app you use.

Also... If you're using CM9 (or CM7/any rom that's based on cm7)... Go into the Performance section in settings, and set your CPU to the following:

Governor: Smartass v2

Min frequency: 122MHz

Max Freq: 902Mhz.

Download an app on the play store called "CPU Spy" (Don't open it) and then let your phone idle on the homescreen (With all apps closed) for about 20 minutes.

After this, open up CPU Spy and check for a state called "Deep Sleep" and how long it has been active for. If it's not there, check under the "unused states" for it. If it's unused, you should try flashing C3CO's kernel for your version of Cyanogenmod.

Deep sleep essentially turns everything off when the phone is idling. In one night I lose 0% battery. Sometimes just 1%.

At least... This is how I have my phone set up. I can get a good 2 days worth out of it.

Edited by jcmyall

Guest plegdroid
your method worked a little. My battery works only 1 day because the background applications :D

Thanks.

realistically, your only going to get a day before charging any smartphone with real life usage.

Guest razzmataz1478

can you post a picture of your ics native battery stats please....settings->battery->click on graph, then screenshot