[ROM] Official G300/U8818 ROM from Huawei B892 - UPDATE 2012-06-01

Guest t-bon3

Guest t-bon3

2012-06-01 New version B892 released.

The Chinese version of the Huawei site has the following ROM listed for the G300, however, it's for the Chinese version the U8818 NOT the EU U8815.

From this page:

http://www.huaweidev...eeId=3677&tab=2

This should go to straight to the 3rd tab called '下载' (download).

The direct link to the ROM is:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/downLoadCenter?category=cn&flay=software&downloadID=NDE3Nzc=

Does anyone feel brave enough to flash this onto their U8815?

WARNING: Apparently it is working but not recommended as you will lose android market access. This is not permanent and the phone can be flashed back to a stock U8815.

Thanks to 'Hans Gruber' - Original post about U8818 rom is here:

http://www.modaco.co...OM-from-Huawei-[Download-Link-Inside]#entry1955101

Edited by t-bon3

Guest t-bon3

I flashed it to my U8815 earlier and although it worked, it's actually a mislabelled B880

Well at lease it works and there may be more updates in the future.

Did the ROM have Enlish Language option? Also was there any carrier (Unicom) bloatware installed?

Guest Hans Gruber

Well at lease it works and there may be more updates in the future.

Did the ROM have Enlish Language option? Also was there any carrier (Unicom) bloatware installed?

Yeah English worked fine, and loads of Unicom bloat!

Guest dbaseii

Vodafone have an exclusive 3 month sales contract so that's the only place to get them for now

I'm talking about the U8818

Guest Davidoff59

They are a Chinese domestic phone so that's your only bet for now. Have a look in the nfc post as a member is going there next week so if your interested in one, you may be able to sort something out between you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest t-bon3

1st post updated with B892 version from today.

Returned from my trip but unfortunately didnt have time to get to a decent China Unicom store so no more information on NFC yet, will be going again later this month.

Guest weckl

I'm talking about the U8818

Aliexpress.com about 200 dollars, ask for battery of 1500 mah, free case, screen protector, they will root it for you , also you can ask them to install android market, and english language. they will do that for you if you ask politely. shipment by ems about 10-15 days to arrive. Is important they declare the phone as a gift with a value below 50 dollar to avoid customs tax. if youre lucky you get it for those 200 dollars.

Edited by weckl