[ROM] [AtomicMod] [ICS THEME]

Guest tillaz

Guest Sunderj

Hi, I am loving this ROM again!

I have only 1 issue - installing GO Launcher EX. I have removed "Launcher Mod v1", but still cannot install from Google Play - I get " incompatible update" error, even though it is not an update, but an install. I have also tried installing the apk from outside play (with Astro) - error "install failed". Am I missing something? I thought it might be space in system, so I cleared some, but still same errors.

Guest wmburn

is this the lastest version? I tried searching and havens found anything newer then this. tnx for this awesome rom. but I think I found some bugs, so I post screenshoots. Maybe there is workaround for this?

http://s18.postimage.org/stpxy7sgp/screenshot_1341323828611.png

http://s15.postimage.org/dge4mtju3/screenshot_1341326022110.png

with gratitude

wmbuRn

Guest jfabaf

Sometimes, when I'm calling the skate resets iiself.

This call is an internet call, I've configured a SIP account.

When it resets the link2sd fails, and all the apps in the SD are missing, because the ext3 partition is not mounted.

After that, I have to reboot again to view the SD apps again.

Edited by jfabaf

Guest happycopy

the rom is already rooted & overclocked,

when you rooted it again, its has replaced the boot.img.removing the overclock

you will need to reflash the rom

i got it ! thanks~~

Guest wmburn

and while playing video i heard strange noise from my back side on zte skate and phone restarts. this also happend on any cm7 based rom. how can this be fixed?

Guest tillaz

and while playing video i heard strange noise from my back side on zte skate and phone restarts. this also happend on any cm7 based rom. how can this be fixed?

lol, this made me laugh :D

"and while playing video i heard strange noise from my back side"

if this happens on other rom's like cm7 and stock, it could be a hardware fault, do you still have warranty ?

are you overclocked when this is happening ? if so lower it to 900mhz ;)

Guest wmburn

never happend on stock rom. overclocked on 900 mhz max, min is 245, governor is smartassV2 and i/o: sio . and still restarts, i will try on 787 mhz and 800 to see is this happends and will report back. also there is some (bug?) when the phone is locked i can pull down notification till the half the screen and tuen notification return back really fast. ( sorry for my bad english) :)

Guest wmburn

"and while playing video i heard strange noise from my back side"

hahahaha i just realized what i said. :) i should be : " and while playing video i heard strange noise from back side of my zte skate" . :)

Guest ian_c_here

Hi Tillaz

Excellent rom of which I've been a long time user. I have just upgraded from R10 to the current version.

My question for the experts is - can the rom be unrooted albeit temporarily. I was hoping to install a couple of banking apps

but Barclays won't allow installs to rooted devices. Hide my root works for the su binary but not the apk.

Thanks

Guest RaTToX

Tillaz, i have some questions:

- Are there any links for your Atomic-Themes? I cant find them on the first pages?!

- Is it possible to you to make a "White/LightGrey-Theme" ?

- And how are the AddOn's&Removal's going on?

Maybe you can give us/me some information about this. Would be great!

Thanks

Guest tillaz

Tillaz, i have some questions:

- Are there any links for your Atomic-Themes? I cant find them on the first pages?!

- Is it possible to you to make a "White/LightGrey-Theme" ?

- And how are the AddOn's&Removal's going on?

Maybe you can give us/me some information about this. Would be great!

Thanks

well i no longer have a skate to even test on now, my dad sold his skate and got the g300

the themes will be uploaded as they where already finished, the updated rom was fixed before been sent to the buyer

so after i have uploaded those i cant really do much more :(

Guest RaTToX

Damn. :(

Maybe you can try to create addon 's and i could test them on my Skate? You could email me with your zip 's.

Think about it, i just want to help. ;)

Greets,

Rattox

Guest simicsl

Great ROM I must say. Fast and stable.

Few minor things bothering me...

Since we have battery bar I would like to disable battery

percentage and also I don't like centered clock but I cannot

find options to change these two things .

Guest simicsl

Another dilemma...

How does AtomicMod handles super user requests from the apps?

I've noticed that there is no SuperUser app but when I enable root option

in ES explorer and remount system partition as writable or with Clock Sync app

that also needs root permissions, they get it automatically and without asking me anything.

Does this means that any app that may asks for root permissions will get it?

I found this to be very dangerous

Guest TouchyAndalou
Another dilemma...

How does AtomicMod handles super user requests from the apps?

I've noticed that there is no SuperUser app but when I enable root option

in ES explorer and remount system partition as writable or with Clock Sync app

that also needs root permissions, they get it automatically and without asking me anything.

Does this means that any app that may asks for root permissions will get it?

I found this to be very dangerous

Yeah root permission is handled automatically, as tillaz thought the constant Superuser requests were pointless and unnecessary. You can easily change this by installing Superuser from the market, which will work like it does in other ROMS.

Guest tillaz

Yeah root permission is handled automatically, as tillaz thought the constant Superuser requests were pointless and unnecessary. You can easily change this by installing Superuser from the market, which will work like it does in other ROMS.

its this way in all my roms, not something i would change.

superuser.apk gives you no protection what so ever...

if a hacker wants to make a malicious app it will have an exploit to bypass permission requests anyway..

just like the exploits we use to root are phones... especially like the one click root apps...

but in all honesty, i have never came across any dodgy apps...

Guest simicsl

Yes but this way, user have no idea what is going on behind the screen, which app asked and gained root permissions.

The truth is that there is no perfect protection and behind most of security breaks is human factor (read human stupidity) but I would

really like to be informed when some app tries to gain root access on my phone.

Maybe you haven't came across any dodgy apps but knowing that all of your ROMs have this feature someone can offer us some sweet APK or some masterpiece of a script and get to be root and do or see anything they want on my or anyone elses phone.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but if someone wants to try to break into my garage I surely won't help them by leaving the door open.

Edited by simicsl

Guest e.miron

I have installed the softkey patch but they installed on the status bar,on the right side of the clock and I need them on the lower part of the screen, like in CFX. Any info on that and how to uninstall?

Edited by e.miron

Guest tillaz

Yes but this way, user have no idea what is going on behind the screen, which app asked and gained root permissions.

The truth is that there is no perfect protection and behind most of security breaks is human factor (read human stupidity) but I would

really like to be informed when some app tries to gain root access on my phone.

Maybe you haven't came across any dodgy apps but knowing that all of your ROMs have this feature someone can offer us some sweet APK or some masterpiece of a script and get to be root and do or see anything they want on my or anyone elses phone.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but if someone wants to try to break into my garage I surely won't help them by leaving the door open.

you put your self at risk the second you install a custom rom from a complete stranger on the internet,

if an app has bad intentions it wont request root, i will take it... even with superuser.apk,

meaning you would never know ether way until the damage was done,

if your paranoid i would recommend you use some thing like VirusSeeker Mobile Security or LBE or NQ security even Norton antivirus

Guest e.miron

I have made a nandroid backup to install other Rom . But then I gave up on reinstalling everything so I have restored the nandroid backup wityh this Rom and all went well except I have no statusbar whatsoever. Reboot countless times, downloades, installed, wifi on/off from menu, nothing. Can I do something or I am doomed to reinstall everything again.