Bluetooth/Wifi Mac Address Loss

Guest dodgetimmy

Guest dodgetimmy

Hi All.

When re-flashing my Crescent to the latest FNC7 , I stupidly made the mistake of not backing up my .qcn file (which I believe contains the mac address for bluetooth and wifi).

I only discovered that I should have done this step when I found that I couldn't connect to any wifi hot-spots anymore due to my Mac address being of an incorrect format (i think it was aa.bb.cc.dd.ee.ff or something like that).

Anyway, I searched online and found a way to backup the existing .qcn file containing the duff mac address, edit it to a random valid mac address in a hex editor and restore the qcn again, then reinstall rom.

I did this, the wifi mac address looks fine, but things aren't normal. Wifi sometimes can't be enabled and bluetooth doesn't work at all.

My question is, since I didn't write down my original mac address on my orange rom, have I lost it for good?

Can I revert back to a stock rom and gain the stock address or is there a way to fetch the original without doing this?

Finally, what other details am I missing from the .qcn file from the original rom? Does this contain other vital info that could be causing me problems?

Thanks for any help.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

You don't strictly need your mac address to be the same as the one you started with, you just need your mac address to be unique on all the networks you use. So you should be able to insert one you've made up, you can use any mac addresses from your computer or laptop as a basis and as long as you change one section to make it unique you should be ok.

Guest dodgetimmy

So this isn't related to the problems I am having then?

What exactly do you backup in the .qcn file from the original rom before you unlock and reflash?