Idea Blade requires a custom rom

Guest hemanthsai10

Guest hemanthsai10

I brought Idea Blade it has 256 MB RAM every ICS Roms require more Ram Can any one suggest a slim ICS Rom which fits for my mobile and any other godd roms with best battery Backup

Guest jeddy1

I brought Idea Blade it has 256 MB RAM every ICS Roms require more Ram Can any one suggest a slim ICS Rom which fits for my mobile and any other godd roms with best battery Backup

CFX + create a swap file with swapper2 (i think u can do it with that,not using it as i have 512mb blade :P )

Guest jerrin

hey i also have an Idea Blade and using BETA ROM: AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 6.5.2 by Burstlam ICS rom and works without a problem. You could also try Swedish Snow Gingerbread rom which is one of the most stable ones or CM 7.2.

Guest pankajsammal

ics and swedish snow have problems where incoming messages are not received by the phone, with cm7 you can overcome this by locking messaging app in memory but in cm7 bluetooth dosent work..

so as of now im using CM 7 based JOYOS 1.2 which works great with my phone

Guest debuggerboy

Regarding : boot animation on idea blade getting stuck.

Once you restart your Idea Blade wait for 4-5 minutes.

Then, horizontally swipe at the bottom of you idea blade a few time's (10 or 20 times)

until the lock screen appears...

Note: Don't swipe rigorously. Please be gentle and slow.

TRY IT - believe me it will help you.

The trick is that even though the bootamination freezes. I belive the "Emergency Dial" button is very much alive behind the boot-animation. So when you rub 10-20 times at some point the "Emergency Dial" gets activated and you will get rid of that damn frozen boot-animation and you are presented with you screen.

Mine is a idea blade. I am using ICS ColdFusionX. At least it works for me.

Or what you should do. (alternate phone method)

once your Blades boots up wait for 5 mins

make a call from a phone to you Blade number. If you hear it ringing. in the next 5-6 sec you will get your screen.

now the last... but extreme and not very much appreciated way. (but one more method)

the ADB method

connect to your Blade via adb

# adb shell

then issue the below command:

# ps | grep boot

you will get the PID of bootanimation.

# kill <PID NO>

you will get your blade screen in an instance.

What I personally do is to: swipe gently 10 -20 times after every reboot. To get back the screen. And It works

--

~debuggerboy

Edited by debuggerboy

Guest pankajsammal

but still ics has a problem where it dosent recive the sms, tried it and sent a few sms form my other number, most of them were lost, atleast cyanogen 7 has a way to overcome this problem...

Guest debuggerboy

but still ics has a problem where it dosent recive the sms, tried it and sent a few sms form my other number, most of them were lost, atleast cyanogen 7 has a way to overcome this problem...

]

For ICS ColdFusionX

Any issues should be reported at http://github.com/IC...te_blade/issues

Please kindly add you SMS problem in ICS ColdFusionX issue tracker.

Edited by debuggerboy