Number of home screens

Guest Pidun14

Guest Pidun14

After update to B888 there were 7 home screens, but when I applied vendor update this number was reduced to 5. Is there any simple way to add 2 home screens without running additional laucher etc.? Maybe it could be possible to edit some system file / setting?

Guest FrankieADZ

Recommendation: Use launcher pro, it is much faster with many options than crappy s****y huawei launcher ;)

i agree with you there.....just need LP to get this "Upgrade/rewrite"...

Guest Davidoff59

I seem to get phone lags when using a different launcher. Go launcher has been good for me so far but its quite a large program if you start downloading some add on features.

Most others have caused some lag

Guest Pidun14

Is it required to remove huawei launcher (how?) or simply launcher pro will take it's place after installation? I'm newbie trying to learn as much as possible about android.

Guest feckineejit

Is it required to remove huawei launcher (how?) or simply launcher pro will take it's place after installation? I'm newbie trying to learn as much as possible about android.

You don't need to remove original launcher, when you reboot phone you should get the option to pick the launcher you want to use.

Guest zerosignull

After update to B888 there were 7 home screens, but when I applied vendor update this number was reduced to 5. Is there any simple way to add 2 home screens without running additional laucher etc.? Maybe it could be possible to edit some system file / setting?

My 888 has an option for the HW launcher to add/remove homescreens. On any homescreen press Menu-> Home Settings-> Advanced settings

Guest Pidun14

I checked settings options before asking here and found no such option.

It looks like LauncherPro consumes more power than Huawei launcher. Oh well, you can not have it all :)

Edited by Pidun14

Guest Davidoff59

from home screen hit menu button.

then press home settings then advanced settings

then screen number. You can set 7 there on B888

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I have a new G300 for 2 days now and have been discovering its limits.

Thought to register here for the valuable info that I found and for correcting a couple of wrong assumptions mentioned.

One is here and please let me know if that works for you too:

I have seen it somewhere and it worked for me both with the initial stock 2.3 android and with the new 4.03 official OTA update.

Surprisingly enough, I have seen many reviews and even youtube videos that claim that only 5 screens are possible...

Just use 2 fingers together to "squeeze" one home screen (I think "pinch" is the right word, english is not my native language, pls forgive) and a screen will appear with all home screens minimised. There you find another minimised screen with a "+" symbol, just press it and voila! Another home screen is added :-)

I have 7 home screens.

Edited by nek4d

• 6 months later...
Guest ezpc98

Thanks Nek4d;-) You are a star!

Can confirm it did worked on my G300 on stock ICS. For some reason home screen were reduced to only 2 and couldn't figure out what to do but you have rescued me.