[ROM][ZTE Skate] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (STABLE) - Android 2.3.7 (31/10/12)

Guest C3C0

Guest sifong

C3C0 i know the ROM is okay for me and everyone using it , but can i ask you a favour in the next build ?

Can you improve the sound quality of the speakers ?

Becuse there's a little pitch in the sound when receving notifications , calls and even the music.

And i don't know if you noticed that bug in the sound , but if you can fix it this will be the best CM7.2 for Skate out there :)

NOTE : The laucher you told me about , when i try to install it it says to replace a stock laucher already built into the CM7.2 ROM

and it doesn't want to install can you help me ?

Hi,

I have the same problem (the little cuts in the play of my music files) with many players, the original of the mod , 3 cube... but there is one that plays ok , without pitch. Deadbeef. I use the free version and plays ok.

I aplied the patchupdate-s3-boot-cm7.zip because the sound was too loud.

I only heard in when play music.

In my older version of cm I didn`t have this problem.

No one more has this problem?

Someone has a solution?

regards

Edited by sifong

Guest kooseman

Hi, is there a way to change font size like on mokee, the only reason I changed to this is because I prefer the bar notification power widget over the page one....could someone help me please?

Guest thomcd

I've installed this rom when I saw that CM9/CM10 will never get the HQ youtube/camera/FM radio fixed and I experienced a lot of bugs that where not included in the working/not working list. For instance I can't overclock my OMC to the clock frequency I use to have on CM7 roms (883 mhz) without the occassional reboots, some games wouldn't even work at all and your CM7 (gives C3C0 a pat on the back) is a whole lot faster.

But I've some issues I would like to see solved:

- I installed your S3 kernel posted on the front page without the volume boost (installed in clockworkmod by clicking install zip from sd card, selecting the update-S3-boot-cm7.zip, and let it flash), but the volume levels are still too high (even on the first volume setting, I probably will get ear damage :P ). The default volume levels of tilal6991's CM7.1 were perfect for me.

- the wifi tends to jam (not turning on or off) after a certain amount of on/off cycles (this is probably a known issue, but I looked at the CM7.2 repository this was marked as fixed). I have Battery Defender installed which will turn wifi/mobile data (3G/2G) off when the screen is turned off, but I know this isn't the culpitt because this was the only thing working flawlessly under CM9 (even with Battery Defender installed). I even installed a fix for the blade ("which works for other mobile phones as well", claim of the developer of the fix). This works partly under CM7.1 but not under CM7.2.

I hope you can help me, C3C0. If these issues are solved, this would be the ideal rom for me. :)

Guest HeikoH

I was using a frequency near 900 MHz as well for a few hours and I didn't get any reboots, although I didn't do heavy processing (just music and web browsing), so can't comment on that.

The volume levels are just fine for me, maybe the audio levels of your files are too damn high themselves?

The Wi-Fi sleep policy tends to reset to "never off" whenever I turn my screen off, but aside from that it's the best ROM imho.

- I installed your S3 kernel posted on the front page without the volume boost (installed in clockworkmod by clicking install zip from sd card, selecting the update-S3-boot-cm7.zip, and let it flash), but the volume levels are still too high (even on the first volume setting, I probably will get ear damage :P ). The default volume levels of tilal6991's CM7.1 were perfect for me.

it's because apart from kernel I made also a change to libmedia.so that deals with volume scaling. This means it needs to be replaced, too. However I am not able

to find the compiled libmedia.so with original volume scaling and thus I need to compile it from source... But ATM I don't have enough time for it... Too much work after vacation.

But I will get back to it soon.

Can't help with wifi. Never experienced this on CM7 based roms. Always worked as should. Now I am on Paranoid Android (ICS) and there I can confirm some strange behaviour (wifi won't wake up after it was turned off automatically after some time after screen went off. I always have to make manual off/on cycle to bring it back to life).

Guest agonbar

The last build here still has the bug of cm that makes the phone freeze on black screen when calling/recieving calls, any way to solve this bug? Or better go to mokee OS?

(I did a clean install with all the wipes and still happens)

P.D: Anyway, gj!

Is it a common bug or something that's only happening to you?

I am asking because I cannot see any related fixes when looking in CM gerrit for changes since 11th of July ( http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z )

Anyway, I will compile new build soon. This time it will have stock volume by default and volume boosted version will be handled by optional update.

Guest agonbar

Ah its a common bug, I mean, when I read the Mokee Os posts I found that many people changed the rom due to problem.

Edited by agonbar

Guest jul57640

Ah its a common bug, I mean, when I read the Mokee Os posts I found that many people changed the rom because of that.

i think you must calibrate your proximity sensor :D

Guest donk165

Is there anyway that Dev tools and spare parts could be put in the settings menus under CM settings? I don't like having them in my app drawer because I don't use them. I have everything organised with catalogues in ADW launcher. I've removed Dev tools now but just wish spare parts was integrated into the settings, it seems like it was supposed to in settings. :P

If it can't be done, no problem, ill just live with it :)

Guest WiiSky70

ROM updated. Changelog in the first post.

New section added: Proximity senzor fixes

WOW C3C0 , thanks for all the support you've been giving to this ROM , it's so stable and a must-have ROM for those who want's

a bloat-free device ;)

Are you gonna port this to other devices (i.e : Blade or Crescent) ?

There is no point in doing so.

1) These devices have their own devs taking care of CM7 releases.

2) I don't own these devices (well, my son owns Blade and I put targetbsp's CM7 on it ;) ) so can't see a reason why I should waste my time by "bringing wood to the forest"

Guest VirusPlus

im wondering if possible to add on CM7 the usefull setting from Stock ROMs "Silence Ringer When Face Down" which is under Sound Settings, or is any similar setting on CM7 that i cant find? :unsure:

Guest thomcd

@C3C0 : thank you for updating your CM7.2 ROM and for including the default libmedia.so, volume levels much better now. This will be my rom from now on. Still I've a tiny little request if I might : there was a usefull feature in talil6991' s CM7.1, named prevent sudden volume increase, what this feature does is prevent the phone from going out of silent mode if you press one of the volume buttons. It's not a big deal but it would be nice to see this feature in CM7.2

@thomcd

I flashed the rom juSt to check and I found the setting. It's:

CyanogenMod settings / Sound / Lock volume keys

Edited by C3C0

@C3C0 : Sorry just saw it, was this included in the previous releases? Seems to me this is new from the latest release. Any way thanks for pointing this out and for making this great rom. :)

Guest donk165

C3C0, your a gentleman! Thank you for adding them to settings :), I would donate but I already did a while back! Keep up the good work! What do you run as your daily now?