How can I extract and pack framework-res.apk ?

Guest 1586111051

Guest redhawkuk

Framework-res.apk can be unpacked like any other APK however it must be repacked using no compression for this I reprocessed my build with Winzip32.

I also copied the CERT folder from the original APK (zip) file into my new build I wanted the same signed certificate but not sure if that was really necessary.

And finally you need to use the zipalign tool that comes with the Android SDK - http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/zipalign.html

Richard S.

Guest 1586111051

Compilation fails.

W: Could not find sources

I: Checking whether resources has changed

I:  Building resources...

Exception in thread "main" aapt: warning: string 'config_geocodeProvider' has no default translation in C:\51\framework-res\res; found: iw

appt: warning: string 'daily' has no default translation in c:\51\framwork-res\res; found: fi hu ko pt sk

Guest shmizan

you need to install the framework-res first so it will know where to take resources from.

put the framework-res.apk file of the ROM you want to mess with in apktool folder, open CMD and:

apktool if framework-res.apk[/CODE]

Guest razzmataz1478

you need to install the framework-res first so it will know where to take resources from.

put the framework-res.apk file of the ROM you want to mess with in apktool folder, open CMD and:

apktool if framework-res.apk[/CODE]

I've never installed framework and I've been fine.

Is it an ics framework-res.apk?