How do i get the internet settings to work with o2 sim card?

Guest buckleheid

Guest buckleheid

just on the brink of ordering my g300,and after i get it unlocked what would be the logical process of updating/rooting if i wanted to do it?

all my friends are on o2 so ill need to set it up for that,also this will be my first smartphone so complete noob at this unlocking/ flashing malarkey,i have read lots of posts on the forum and looked at the sticky posts,i just need a bit of help once i need to use the web services etc,ill be on o2 text and web

any help would be appreciated before i order the phone,being a scotsman and tight with money i dont want to brick my phone after the updates and stuff.

thanks

Guest Davidoff59

There will be an over the air update available to fix the sound which comes with instructions. This fixes the low sound issue and will be a B885 rom number.

Setting up for o2 is easy, just search for the apn settings on Google and input them in settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks, network settings, access point names, then click menu and add new apn then save once completed. Make sure there is a green dot beside your new o2 apn and it will then work

Guest raverrr

Or you could flash KIRI :) it has a very complete APN list so should work with most carriers without having to manually input anything ;)

Guest buckleheid

ill have a real good look at the sticky posts,ive ordered the phone,but theyre out of stock at the moment :(

if its not despatched within 13 days of order,ill get my money back and have to try again :angry2:

Guest buckleheid

i now have my hands on my g300,first impressions are very good,not much to base it on tho,first smartphone,my model number is u8815,so i need to flash the phone to the latest model number?

ill unlock it tommorow,just gonna have a play about using the wifi for the moment,it seems to be quite loud when playing back ringtone choices,this means that the volume update has been applied prior to me getting the phone?

any help appreciated

cheers

Scott

Guest Davidoff59

Its possible you have the fix preinstalled. Sound volume was very poor, lower than any other phone you would have heard.

My first post and I thought I would give something back as this forum and the thread dedicated to the G300 which has been helpful in Rooting and Upgrading my girlfriend's newly purchased G300 as a replacement to her Blackberry 8900, initaially she wanted an iPhone, however the iPhone and tariff alone were and are ridiculously priced. (may I also add and echo what has been said above, she is pleased with her new gadget and phone, although a learnng curve)

With no or very little help from o2 as the phone was stated by an operator as not listed in o2's recognised system I decided to search and try some various settings and finally I got internet settings and MMS to work.

So here goes (please note these setting work for Pay Monthly)

Name : o2 Pay Monthly

APN : wap.o2.co.uk

Proxy : <Not Set>

Port : <Not Set>

Username : Vertigo

Password : password

Server : http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMSC : http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS : 193.113.200.195

MMS Port : 8080

MCC : 234

MNC : 10

IP Version : IPv4

Authentication type : None

APN type : Not set

Hope this helps the OP and some other users of their G300.

@it

Guest buckleheid

cheers for the help,have had a wee play about with it,so far i love it

just need to unlock it for my o2 sim and im good to go,got google account synced,gmail as well,installed my external micro sd card with some tunes,just a nice phone to use,for a 100 notes its hard to beat.

Guest pelago

i now have my hands on my g300,first impressions are very good,not much to base it on tho,first smartphone,my model number is u8815,so i need to flash the phone to the latest model number?

Your model number is fixed and will always be U8815 (look under the battery cover to check). The only confusion is when people flash the "wrong" U8818 ROM onto their U8815, and then it will say you have model number U8818 in Settings, About phone, but really you have a U8815.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest buckleheid

page 3 save,cant seem to get details on android forum atm,may be down

im topping up tomorrow and would like to add an internet bolt on to my tarrif,can anyone tell me the apn settings for PAY AS YOU GO ?

looked thru the posts but cant find the one im looking for

thanks in advance

EDIT,got these from o2 guru chat

im missing something cos it aint working

payandgo.o2.co.uk is the APN

payandgo is the username

password is password

Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002 then tap OK

Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK

Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK

Tap Authentication type, then tap PAP

Tap APN then tap the text box and enter payandgo.o2.co.uk then tap OK

Edited by buckleheid

• 3 months later...