Screen responsiveness issue

Guest jlut

Guest jlut

On Wednesday I pulled my OMC out of my pocket and found that I couldn't unlock it (on cfx). it turns out that there now is an area of 'unresponsiveness' where the letters J and N on the keyboard are. at first i thought it may be something to do with my screen protector but it's not. I'm hoping this isn't a hardware issue but if it is, it may have to be bye bye android for me. to make sure I have used the pointer location app in dev tools. I'm quite sure there's no damage, just seems a bit random to me. any ideas?

Guest crnadakm

yeah its an area about 8mm wide and 6cm tall - really don't know what could've caused it :wacko:

My friend has exact same problem with his blade, it's on the left side of the screen.

We changed roms but it seems like a hardware issue ...

Screen looks flawless though ...

Guest jlut

yep same, can't see anything wrong with the screen! i may try to send it back to orange to get a replacement/refund, maybe I'll buy the g300 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jlut

sorry to bring this up again, but the screen is practically unusable now - it likes to scroll by itself and choose random things on the screen for me, quite funny when i use the pointer location app in dev tools and it draws lines without me doing anything! i phoned orange about it, and they told me to take it to an orange shop, i then went to the shop and they told me to contact ZTE, as i purchased it in November so it is just over 6 months old. i tried phoning the number on ZTEs website but no answer, so I have emailed them. has anybody else succeeded in getting a replacement/repair from them?

Guest Voxpop2011

sorry to bring this up again, but the screen is practically unusable now - it likes to scroll by itself and choose random things on the screen for me, quite funny when i use the pointer location app in dev tools and it draws lines without me doing anything! i phoned orange about it, and they told me to take it to an orange shop, i then went to the shop and they told me to contact ZTE, as i purchased it in November so it is just over 6 months old. i tried phoning the number on ZTEs website but no answer, so I have emailed them. has anybody else succeeded in getting a replacement/repair from them?

Don't let Orange fob you off by referring you to ZTE with whom you have no relationship (privity of contract). It is up to Orange as the SUPPLIER to deal with FAULY goods.