What is ROM? Still not loud the headphones

Guest idiosincrasia

Guest idiosincrasia

I thought I was advanced mobil user but I freak out when i joined this web

WTF is ROM? Is the same than firmware? I read that for repear the soft headphone volume I should installed the version 885

I actualize the mobil and I think was t version 885 wich one I installed but now when I check the mobil info, I don’t find that and I read this:

Baseband version: 109808

Kernel version: 2.6.38.6-perf

Is all right?

Guest Chrisund123

ROM - in this case, it's the operating system "flavour"...

Different ROMs may have different versions of Android, more tweaks, less tweaks, more bugs less bugs, etc.

You need to look for a different number to tell you your ROM/software version, those are the radio and kernel versions (kernel forms part of the ROM, radio is something separate that controls the phone/wireless stuff).

Guest timfimjim

Under 'about phone' the bottom line is 'Build number'.

The last 4 digits of this will tell you which build you have, eg. B888 (which is what I have).

It is recommended that you update to a stock ROM that has the volume fix already implemented. After that, you can have fun with applying a custom ROM if you like. Try this thread: http://www.modaco.co...-and-i-cant-do/

Edited by timfimjim

Guest idiosincrasia

Under 'about phone' the bottom line is 'Build number'.

The last 4 digits of this will tell you which build you have, eg. B888 (which is what I have).

It is recommended that you update to a stock ROM that has the volume fix already implemented. After that, you can have fun with applying a custom ROM if you like. Try this thread: http://www.modaco.co...-and-i-cant-do/

Thank you very much mate, your help is really apreciated.

I have the 885. I will carefully read that thread you sent me, now I just finished my job is relax time XD

Have a nice day!