XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

0 secure elements means the NFC libraries haven't been compiled with support by the manufacturer.

P

It shows that on stock ROM. On CM9 they both detect 1 secure element, but Google Wallet doesn't work on either.

Guest taharin

It shows that on stock ROM. On CM9 they both detect 1 secure element, but Google Wallet doesn't work on either.

I second this. On my T-Mobile US S2, I show that I have 1 secure element, but it hangs at activation.

This is what I've got through logcat, anyone care to lend a hand in figuring out what might be the problem?

Logcat for: Disabling NFC, Enabling NFC, Opening Google Wallet, and Adding Account:

Edited by taharin

Guest ogdobber

That's not the device check, that's what it's passing back to Google stores.

I'll look into hard coding it though.

P

paul,

I was just setting up my i9300 after an install of the jellybean leak

anyways here is some info that may be useful

-google wallet installed automatically from play but it said "device not supported" when I tried to open (obviously)

-changed build.prop to (galaxy nexus) and I was able to add cards but when I reverted my build.prop it said again "device not supported"

-Installed your patched google wallet opened it and of course "device not supported"

-changed build.prop to (galaxy nexus) and added cards...all good

-reverted build.prop and wallet still works...all good

so your patch for device check gets past the "second" verification" but not the initial

Guest Brian Yeung

The patched apk works but once I reboot, the wallet displays "The wallet has stopped unexpectedly" or something to that sort, then the app is gone from drawer and won't be installable again until I remove it manually and clear cache.

Anyone know why this happens?

Guest mohitrocks

Just so you guys know, if you install wallet as a system app and it doesn't work after rebooting the device, download Titanium Backup, scroll down to Wallet and click defrost.

Guest taharin

I'm getting an error: htc_jewel not supported.

I have also not seen this before in Logcat....

W/ActivityManager( 472): Unable to start service Intent { act=com.google.androi

d.location.internal.GMM_NLP (has extras) }: not found

W/Sidekick_GmmLocationProviderImpl( 2169): Unable to bind to GMM NLP

Guest futaris

The patched apk works but once I reboot, the wallet displays "The wallet has stopped unexpectedly" or something to that sort, then the app is gone from drawer and won't be installable again until I remove it manually and clear cache.

Anyone know why this happens?

I'm getting the same error with com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.5-r75-v6.apk on a Galaxy S3 running LFB rom. modaco.1.1-r67-v12 worked fine on this ROM earlier...

Guest Brian Yeung

Just so you guys know, if you install wallet as a system app and it doesn't work after rebooting the device, download Titanium Backup, scroll down to Wallet and click defrost.

You have to do this everytime you reboot?

Guest hjubm2

Hi,

I've been through the last dozen or so pages and noticed that some are having the same issues as myself. Namely that the app is installed correctly in the system/apps folder with permissions set correctly. The odd thing is that the app was working fine and then overnight, the app is no longer in the app drawer.

Is there something that I have missed? I did not find any solution to this issue posted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I had this exact same thing happen on my Galaxy S III, App was there & then it just disappeared but even trying to defrost it in Titanium Backup does not make it appear any more. Is there a way to clear everything without bricking the secure element when the app can't be access?

Guest hybridnotts

I can't get this to install. I've tried pushing to /system/app and it appears there with rw-r--r-- permissions but doesn't appear in the apps list anywhere and titanium backup can't see it. I'm on a OneX with CM10 alpha7 rom

defrost doesn't always seem to work; it has actually never worked for myself. my only resolution was to uninstall and reinstall from backup and run the app from TB

Edited by mk_ln

Guest peter-9000

I have tried this app on a number of roms and they all have the same problem: I can't add a google prepaid card. If I get the app installed, which i did on cm9 and cm10, everything works until I try to add a prepaid card. It just gives me a error message saying to try again later.I have redownloaded many times and even switched roms to try to get this to work. I am using a wind mobile Galaxy S3 in canada (same as the tmobile variant). What am I doing wrong?

Guest Protonus

I'm also stuck at "Adding your account..." on my Galaxy S3. Permissions are right on the APK, data was cleared. Suggestions?

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Earlier this year, I borked my secure element doing a clean ROM flash - I hadn't heard about doing the Reset inside the Wallet app first sadly :-( Ever since, the Wallet app has hung on startup at various places depending on the version.

Just clean flashed AOKP JB-1, and decided to use Market Enabler to download the latest Wallet (1.5-R75-v6). It downloaded and installed OK, but after choosing my Google Account, it says "Adding your account..." and hangs their indefinetly.

Seems like this might just be the "new" place Wallet freezes with Secure Element issues.

I would LOVE to fix this on my phone, I can't accept repalcing the phone as the only solution. I can gladly provide logs of whatever you want! Let me know the best way to grab a logcat for this and what I should do before pulling logs and I will post whatever.

I will gladly donate to the cause of fixing these issues, for good too!

Edited by Protonus

Guest Protonus

Oh and I tried the "adb shell am broadcast -a android.intent.action.MASTER_CLEAR_NOTIFICATION" from the command line again with USB Debugging on. I get:

Broadcasting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MASTER_CLEAR_NOTIFICATION }

Broadcast completed: result=0

Which is what I think I got last time I tried this. Cleared data in Wallet app, launched, chose my account again... and indefinite hang on " Adding your account... "

:-(

Guest fablitschgo

I have a swiss (orange CH) Galaxy S3 Int. and had no problem running G Wallet on CM9(NIGHTLY,RC,FINAL) and CM10(EXP)!

it's simple as decribed above:

- clear all data from previous versions!!! (option clear google walltet in settings of wallet and settings->apps->wallet clear data then uninstall)

- copy new wallet apk to system/apps

- change permissions to the ones other apps have

- go to /system/build.prop and change permissions to be able to edit it! (and make a backup of it)

- open it with rootexplorers text editor and change everything that sais "samsung" to "htc" and everything thats sais "i9300" to "htc_jewel"

- save and change back the permissions of the file as they were before

REBOOT THE PHONE

- activate WiFi and connect to your network

- open G Wallet and set up your account and the google credit card

- when your done go to /system/ and replace the modified build.prop with the backup you made. don't forget to change back the permissions when you're done

REBOOT AGAIN

and you're done (until you want to flash a new rom/kernel whatever)

example for CM9 RC:

[...]

ro.product.model=htc_jewel

ro.product.brand=htc

ro.product.name=htc_jewel

ro.product.device=htc_jewel

[...]

ro.product.manufacturer=htc

[...]

ro.build.product=htc_jewel

[...]

if you change these values it should be fine

Edited by fablitschgo

Guest RazerRazer

Hello!

I finally got my HTC One X and it's running CM10, yea ;)

I live in Germany and I wanted to use Google Wallet, found this thread through XDA. I downloaded your APK and using file explorer I copied it to system/app set permissions to rwrr and rebooted. There it was, the Wallet icon in the app drawer and fully exited I opened it, signed in, took only a couple of seconds and it was done, I went to the card and wanted to add the Google prepaid card, so I clicked on it to add, it loaded for a while and I always get the message "error adding card. Try again later". So I tried again later, the next day, still no luck, is there anything that I possibly could have missed? Thanks in advance and thanks for your effor bringing us from Europe the future of paying :)

Edit: btw. it is the step where it says "Verifying your account with Money Network."

Edited by RazerRazer

Guest w4qq4s

Hello!

I finally got my HTC One X and it's running CM10, yea ;)

I live in Germany and I wanted to use Google Wallet, found this thread through XDA. I downloaded your APK and using file explorer I copied it to system/app set permissions to rwrr and rebooted. There it was, the Wallet icon in the app drawer and fully exited I opened it, signed in, took only a couple of seconds and it was done, I went to the card and wanted to add the Google prepaid card, so I clicked on it to add, it loaded for a while and I always get the message "error adding card. Try again later". So I tried again later, the next day, still no luck, is there anything that I possibly could have missed? Thanks in advance and thanks for your effor bringing us from Europe the future of paying :)

Edit: btw. it is the step where it says "Verifying your account with Money Network."

Did you change the build.prop? And also use DroidVPN with USA Settings and it will add the prepaid card. Im from germany and it works.

Guest RazerRazer

Awesome, thanks, I just played around with the build file and it work. now I can revert the original file, I dont need the changes for paying, right?

Thanks

Guest votdfak

HTC One X, rooted, Paul's apk installed fine, added Google prepaid with 10$. Tried to buy using Google Wallet in five different shops without success, VPN/no VPN (because i don't see cc balance without VPN). Later I found out, with help of my bank support, that transactions were rejected by Money Network with msg "Reason code 059 - Restricted status". Our guess is that transactions were rejected because of local currency (RSD - Serbian dinar). I am from Belgrade, Serbia.

Guest tobitronics

Hi all,

I tried to install the apk from modaco but after doing the root explorer thing (with the pasting and the permissions) and rebooting I immediately get an error that wallet has stopped working. It also does not show up in my app tray. Any idea's on how to install wallet on my GNex?

Guest ogdobber

Hi all,

I tried to install the apk from modaco but after doing the root explorer thing (with the pasting and the permissions) and rebooting I immediately get an error that wallet has stopped working. It also does not show up in my app tray. Any idea's on how to install wallet on my GNex?

what permissions did you set? should be rw-r--r--