Vodafone Smart II £70 in grey or white

Guest hecatae

Guest smethrony

It seems really stylish and efficient vodafone with android OS phone along with affordable price. Thanks a lot for sharing in thread because I am thinking to buy such kind of affordable android phone.

Edited by smethrony

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sebastian404

I think thats a Alcatel V860.

Oh, I did like the Vodaphone Smart... in terms of value for money it was a very well made device. Tho at £70, you'd be stupid not to just pay £30 and get a g300

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Sebastian404

saw an interesting picture on twitter regarding this, now please tell me, is this CWM:

Awn99fTCQAAtBHu.jpg

Silly hecatae, its TCT ALCATEL Recovery v1.0.0.0 :)

Are you saying that's what comes with the device as 'stock' or someone has build a version of clockwork but changed the text?

Guest hecatae

Silly hecatae, its TCT ALCATEL Recovery v1.0.0.0 :)

Are you saying that's what comes with the device as 'stock' or someone has build a version of clockwork but changed the text?

That's what comes on device as stock

Guest Sebastian404

Interesting..

I just happen to have a Smart II.... not opened the box, I'll take a look at it at the weekend, assuming I don't die in the meantime... *sniff*

Guest Mtman1
Interesting..

I just happen to have a Smart II.... not opened the box, I'll take a look at it at the weekend, assuming I don't die in the meantime... *sniff*

Which phones don't you have? :P I don't think that this is the best bang for buck, but it does look cool :)

Guest Sebastian404

Which phones don't you have? :P I don't think that this is the best bang for buck, but it does look cool :)

I did like the Smart, but I was not planning on picking up another cheap device, however since I had a bunch of cash to get rid of when I left the UK I thought what the hell.

No don't die, who will i ask recovery questions to if you did.

Hope you feel better soon

I had a bout of encephalitis at the start of the year, and while I'm mostly over it, I'm still having problems getting over the semi-regular cold I get when I fly internationally.

Guest Sebastian404

Well I got the thing out of the box and I can confirm that picture on twitter is correct... interesting, I wonder if anyone has told Koush. I've read there is now an OTA update that has a slighty newer kernel and a standard android recovery... seems like they made quite a mess of it..

I wrote a nice little script that would run romdump via an update script, and thought I was very clever... but then I realized I could just pick 'backup' and do it that way.... doh

Just doing a little poking around, there seems to be a header , and a footer added into the boot and recovery partitions... it seems to be some sort of checksum/key signing thing... changing the recovery adding them back and then flashing it resulting in it not booting....

looks like it's signed some how....

Guest Sebastian404

Been poking around this some more, there seems to be a 2048 byte header on boot and recovery, its got a signature of 'FA CE BA BE 28' followed by an offset that (kinda) points to the signature.

the signature is at the end of the image, right after the ramdisk, according to the spec, it is where the Second Stage bootloader would be, and consists of 512 bytes of what looks like Junk...

I've changed the offset which seems to make no difference (the stock recovery still boots), but removing the signature seems to cause it not to boot.

The fortunate part is that since they 'accidentally' included a hacked version of Clockwork Mod you can easly root the device, and make some changes.. but its going put an end to things like over-clocking and custom recovery

Been poking around this some more, there seems to be a 2048 byte header on boot and recovery, its got a signature of 'FA CE BA BE 28' followed by an offset that (kinda) points to the signature.

the signature is at the end of the image, right after the ramdisk, according to the spec, it is where the Second Stage bootloader would be, and consists of 512 bytes of what looks like Junk...

I've changed the offset which seems to make no difference (the stock recovery still boots), but removing the signature seems to cause it not to boot.

The fortunate part is that since they 'accidentally' included a hacked version of Clockwork Mod you can easly root the device, and make some changes.. but its going put an end to things like over-clocking and custom recovery

Hi sebastian404

I have this device and i have problem with the boot.img and custom rom. I use HTC Android Kitchen 0.198 for my custom rom when extract boot.img stock the kitchen not find magic header and later find with 2048. I have changed only default.prop for use adb on in the ramdisk and repack all but the new boot.img go the device in bootloop.

Sotck boot.img is 5,2 mb

My new boot.img is 3.1 mb

My ask is ---> this device have bootloader lock? -----> Is ok only Boot.img of stock rom

When i unpack and repack boot.img the new rom go in bootloop. For unpack and reapck boot.img i have used the HTC Android Kitchen 0.198/0.197 ⃕and also manually with unpack-bootimg.pl/repack-boot.img.pl and mkbootimg but always bootloop........ (# chop off the header$bootimg = substr($bootimg,2048) ---> for unpack. I tried also with 4096.

Same mb of HTC Android kitchen 3.1 mb

Alcatel Recovery 1.0.0.0 have problem with usb mount

I also cocked my custom rom but have problem with the process com.android.phone and i dont can call..............crying.gifmad.gif the rest of the other application system works very well !!!!!! only the application to phone crashes.

Problem is Phone.apk or phone-res.apk in cust directory????

I also merged the two files but with the same problem this process crash when i send call but i can add new contacts, i can compose the number of dialer etc.....

BOOTLOADER locked same Samsung Galaxy Y???? CPU BCM21553

Bye

Guest Sebastian404

it looks to me as if it's locked or signed some how, there is 512 bytes of data after the ramdisk in the boot and recovery image that look like junk, but the phone wont boot without them..

it looks to me as if it's locked or signed some how, there is 512 bytes of data after the ramdisk in the boot and recovery image that look like junk, but the phone wont boot without them..

Ok...... for you this device not have bootloader locked but protection on boot and recovery, i have understand right?

I have see boot.img with hex editor but where is this 512 bytes?

But my problem with phone.apk when i send call crash this app?

You have try to cook one custom rom?

I have try 2 differents backup of italian vodafone stock rom but i have same problem.......

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...