Vodafone / Huawei Ascend G300 Kernel Source now available

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Huawei have released the kernel source for their Ascend G300 device, which is currently being offered by Vodafone at the bargain price of £100.

Available from the Huawei website, the source code weighs in at 97.9MB and covers the U8815/U8818/U8655/U8185 devices.

The version is listed as '2.6.38.6 Gingerbread'. Fun times! :)

This post has been promoted to an article

Guest Sebastian404

the source code weighs in at 97.9MB and covers the U8815/U8818/U8655/U8185 devices.

Hey, thats what I said was holding it back ;! *coolface*

neither have ics, Y100 is a QVGA MSM7225a 256mb ram budget job that o2 are stocking for £79

hectae! argh, why did you have to tell me, I'm have to go buy one now :)

Guest Chrisund123

First of all, you download the kernel source. Then you compile it...

Somehow I don't think this is what you are after, it's only any use to a dev who wants to compile a modified kernel.

Guest Chrisund123
i dnt no wat to do plz tell me

What are you even trying to do?

The kernel source isn't something you install on your phone, it's like a big pike of Lego you use to build from. Before you have anything to install, you have to compile the source. Compiling the source as is will just give you the standard kernel you have already, which won't benefit you.

I'm guessing you're after a modified kernel for overclocking and the like. In which case you need to modify the source, then compile it. Or, wait for a dev to do it for you.

Guest saiem1

What are you even trying to do?

The kernel source isn't something you install on your phone, it's like a big pike of Lego you use to build from. Before you have anything to install, you have to compile the source. Compiling the source as is will just give you the standard kernel you have already, which won't benefit you.

I'm guessing you're after a modified kernel for overclocking and the like. In which case you need to modify the source, then compile it. Or, wait for a dev to do it for you.

thx alot for explaining im a noob at this