SIM lock status

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest punjuk12

T

The whole game is an error ...

Today,30mn on phone with 0range customers service : "sorry we haven't received the code "

FYI ,i've ask since 8 october - near a month now !

You do have £20 of credit on your phone right?

When i asked for mine, they took the money within five working days and i received the code via email two days later.

Guest BlueMoonRising

And yet other people have managed to get the codes from Orange without problem. So what's different for you and why is it causing a delay? You do actually have an Orange San Diego right?

lol, I never thought of asking that!

Mind you I'm still puzzled over his previous statement "They can't give the code cause they didn't receive it from Xolo"

What's Xolo got to do with it?

Guest Simon O

If you don't have an Orange san diego bought from an Orange store or from the Orange website then they won't send you a code because the device you have won't be in the Orange system. So even though the Xolo IS the same hardware as an Orange San Diego, the IMEI won't be in the Orange system so they won't be able to generate an unlock code.

This is for Orange UK. I don't know how Orange FR work although I assume it's the same.

Guest BlueMoonRising

i've bought the phone the d-day from a °range shop .After 3 months ,they told me stand 15 more days or pay 75€ /60£ for unlocking code ...

FYI,0range FR have their French customers service in Africa (in Tunis ,and no it's not a joke ) the service is like the country = poor

So, you're in France then. I gather you've paid your equivalent of £20 already for unlock but if you pay them another £60 you'll get your unlock code straight away? That can't be right can it? Perhaps I'm misreading your post.

If you HAVE paid your £20 then a visit to a solicitor may be on the cards. Have you tried a letter/email/twitter threatening legal action? You've mentioned Xolo in the past, was it Orange who first mentioned them or yourself?

As for the French CS being in Tunis, the UK Orange CS is in India. At least your lot speak the same language...

No ,in uk ,you have to paid 20£ for the code ,we in France 60£

They said that we have to pay for getting the code (before 3 months)

It's 0range CS mentioned the constructor .

Guest Simon O

I should point out that Orange UK have absolutely nothing to do with Orange France. In the UK Orange is just a brand name owned by Everything Everywhere (now known as EE). In France, Orange is a company owned by France Telecom.

Anyway I don't think there is much anyone here can do to help you. Most users of the San Diego on this forum purchased the device from the UK. Sorry.

And please please please stop being rude in your messages. I have removed the image you included in your message above.

Guest BlueMoonRising

No ,in uk ,you have to paid 20£ for the code ,we in France 60£

They said that we have to pay for getting the code (before 3 months)

It's 0range CS mentioned the constructor .

So you paid £60 to get the code before your first 3 months were up?

Xolo aren't the manufacturers of the San Diego, that would be Gigabyte and I doubt they supply the codes either. Xolo are an Indian carrier just like Orange UK are in the UK.

Guest shootomanUK

Good luck, keep us posted

Code not available - refund given

yet they clearly state on the website they can unlock it lol

noobs !

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest BlueMoonRising

@Atlask, after your experiences I promise I will never use Orange France or France Telecom. The fact that I'm UK based will help in this of course. I'm still not certain if you're genuine or trolling but I guess you didn't see fibblesan s request to not be rude?

@Atlask, after your experiences I promise I will never use Orange France or France Telecom. The fact that I'm UK based will help in this of course. I'm still not certain if you're genuine or trolling but I guess you didn't see fibblesan s request to not be rude?

^^ you're so lucky in UK !

Be in my case ,and you'll understand why i'm so angry now ...

This SC is the worst service i ever seen for a big compagny ,all that for a simple code ...

And no ,i'm not trolling .

Another joke receive this morning by Orange :

"Hey ,we've sent you the code ,check your pm "

1click ,checking my mail = nothing

ok ,they think all people discovered internet with facebook / They're just lying - simply method to waiste your time

"hey,check your spams " lol

2h hours later ,they send me a "banana" code ( a code like 9923232300117878 )

Just 4 the Fail , i try it (but i was sure it's a fake code ) and BINGO = error

Orange isn't like the fruit ;but like diarrhea

Another joke receive this morning by Orange :

"Hey ,we've sent you the code ,check your pm "

1click ,checking my mail = nothing

ok ,they think all people discovered internet with facebook / They're just lying - simply method to waiste your time

"hey,check your spams " lol

2h hours later ,they send me a "banana" code ( a code like 9923232300117878 )

Just 4 the Fail , i try it (but i was sure it's a fake code ) and BINGO = error

Orange isn't like the fruit ;but like diarrhea

Maybe your IMEI number is not in the database or something... I got the code from Orange like 3 weeks after I bought it, and I just got it from the phone.

After that, I bricked my phone, and had it replaced. The new phone was also locked, and called them again, and they gave me the code.

The guys at Orange Hotline are not the brightest, but if it's been that long, with that many people maybe just ask for a replacement phone, and then ask for the unlock code!

Just got this phone off ebay to discover that the phone has to be active for 3 months before I can pay to unlock it. A few questions:

How do orange define active? Do I have to top up a min amount each month, use x texts per day or what? I was planning on topping up £5 per month and send one text per day but thats £15 i dont want to spend if it wont help.

Does the device have to be active with the sim it was activated on ie the ebay sellers sim, or can i just order a PAYG one and top up as above?

How many attempts to unlock it do I have before it is bricked?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Just got this phone off ebay to discover that the phone has to be active for 3 months before I can pay to unlock it. A few questions:

How do orange define active? Do I have to top up a min amount each month, use x texts per day or what? I was planning on topping up £5 per month and send one text per day but thats £15 i dont want to spend if it wont help.

Does the device have to be active with the sim it was activated on ie the ebay sellers sim, or can i just order a PAYG one and top up as above?

How many attempts to unlock it do I have before it is bricked?

Try asking at an Orange shop first, you never know your luck.

You can't brick it by putting the wrong code in, but you may need to get it unlocked at an Orange shop. You should be able to get a PAYG sim with the customary £10 top up(the minimum start up they do I think) and just use that for the 3 month period if you're sparing.

Already been to orange and they can't do it. And a third party unlock store didn't have this phone on their records. Gonna go back tomorrow and try other names for this device (Gigabyte AZ210A, XOLO X900, ZTE Santa Clara etc). So it won't matter that the sim that is active is not the sim that the phone was activated on? Anyone had results from pretending to be an active customer yet? Will a t mobile sim work? Thought I saw a few people say it would but the t mobile assistants said no. Just because I would consider swapping to a t mobile contract but not an orange one, the orange prices are sky high. Thanks for the reply

hmmm then I might cancel my contract (see if I can get away without charges since I barely get any signal in my room) and open one with t mobile seeing as they are reasonably priced

Guest BlueMoonRising

hmmm then I might cancel my contract (see if I can get away without charges since I barely get any signal in my room) and open one with t mobile seeing as they are reasonably priced

I'm not sure "I am not a hacker" understood your question. You can use T-Mobile(and Virgin in the UK) but do Orange still sell you an unlock code then? How do they know the phone is 3 months old?

Guest i am not a hacker

I'm not sure "I am not a hacker" understood your question. You can use T-Mobile(and Virgin in the UK) but do Orange still sell you an unlock code then? How do they know the phone is 3 months old?

They know the phone is 3 months old by looking at the date of purchase, how long the sim has been activated for, and the IMEI Number. There are probably more ways too.

Guest rockmonkey

They know the phone is 3 months old by looking at the date of purchase, how long the sim has been activated for, and the IMEI Number. There are probably more ways too.

Orange will only unlock a payg phone if an orange sim has been activated 3 months and is registered to the phone. Not sure about contract but seeing as you will be most likely using the orange sim then regardless then it is much of a muchness.

Example if i bought this phone tomorrow but didnt regsiter an orange sim to the phone until say 2 months later i would need to wait 5 months from purchase to get the phone unlocked. The age of the phone is irrelevant. The time an orange sim has been registered with the phone is the only thing that matters. all a bit pony if you ask me and that is why i havent bought one... well that and the fact the moto have released the razr i.

Guest technomole

I'm currently waiting for my unlock code so I can use a 3 sim in the osd (already got the pac code to migrate my number) my osd isn't that old (less than 3 months) but I've been with orange (on payg) for over a year, so when I phoned them up to ask for the sim unlock code they just said yes, all I have to do (apparently) is make sure there's credit on the phone (to cover the unlocking fee) and I should get the unlock code via e-mail within 30 days, I haven't got anything yet, but I only phoned them on Tuesday.

Edited by technomole

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'm currently waiting for my unlock code so I can use a 3 sim in the osd (already got the pac code to migrate my number) my osd isn't that old (less than 3 months) but I've been with orange (on payg) for over a year, so when I phoned them up to ask for the sim unlock code they just said yes, all I have to do (apparently) is make sure there's credit on the phone (to cover the unlocking fee) and I should get the unlock code via e-mail within 30 days, I haven't got anything yet, but I only phoned them on Tuesday.

That's a good point, I transferred my San Francisco number to my OSD so I've had PAYG from Orange for 2 years plus. I may give them a call for an unlock code just to see.

Guest technomole

That's a good point, I transferred my San Francisco number to my OSD so I've had PAYG from Orange for 2 years plus. I may give them a call for an unlock code just to see.

They didn't even question it, or when I asked for my pac code, they did ask why I wanted to change networks, but before I could answer they said is it because of signal issues, I replied No sh#t !

I've recently discovered that Orange have started shutting down some of the masts near to me, so now the closest masts are used by 3, and from what I can gather locally 3 will give me the best signal, just need the sim lock code so I can take the phone as well.

The problem is that I think the guy who sold me the phone, registered it with his sim card, so only he can unlock it, and im not sure but i think that same sim has to be active in this phone before an unlock can take place. Seriously considering the t-mobile route now. Has anyone got proof of a t-mobile sim working in the OSD? I have ordered a free sim to test but i doubt it will arrive til next week.