Compass - CyanogenMod 7

Guest Focuszing

Guest Focuszing

Great work on these roms, much better than stock.

I have tried a few of them and have found CyanogenMod 7 based ones are the most reponsive, which is the most appealing attribute to me. The only problem I have is that with FlightRadar24 and Gloogle maps the compass points in the opposite direction which is a real shame, both of these apps work in CyanogenMod 9 versions.

Please can somebody tell me if their is a patched CyanogenMod 7 version, working with the compass or a patch that I can apply. It seem bizzare how it works in some apps but not in others.

Cheers.

Edited by Focuszing

Guest Focuszing

Great work on these roms, much better than stock.

I have tried a few of them and have found CyanogenMod 7 based ones are the most reponsive, which is the most appealing attribute to me. The only problem I have is that with FlightRadar24 and Gloogle maps the compass points in the opposite direction which is a real shame, both of these apps work in CyanogenMod 9 versions.

Please can somebody tell me if their is a patched CyanogenMod 7 version, working with the compass or a patch that I can apply. It seem bizzare how it works in some apps but not in others.

Cheers.

Hi C3C0, thanks for the quick response,

I have tried IceArmour III and CM 7.2 RC3 (both great responsive roms). The compass works with AtomicMod, but I find the rom to be noticeably less responsive than these roms (no disrespect to the developer, I realise it's CM 9 based so can't be compared).

I found this link http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=4413 where people have similar problems on an HTC Incredible CM 7. It looks like it was fixed at one point.

Guest C3C0

The reason I asked is because I tried in the past to solve these compass problems. Strange is that orientation in Google maps works OK for me on RC3. Although I can't try navigation. Just normal "actual position mode". When walking around and turning the direction is being reported correctly to me...

Guest Focuszing

The reason I asked is because I tried in the past to solve these compass problems. Strange is that orientation in Google maps works OK for me on RC3. Although I can't try navigation. Just normal "actual position mode". When walking around and turning the direction is being reported correctly to me...

I have only tried it while stationary, I will try it will moving. It does work stationary with AtomicMod. The bizare thing is I downloaded a compass app and that works fine with RC3. After all your hard work on these roms I feel guilty for pointing out the only negative, as they are great.

Guest C3C0

Some compass app work ok and some have north with south flipped. It depends on the way they interpret data from the sensor. Anyway have you tried calibrating compass? Might help fixing orientation problem in maps.

Guest Focuszing

Google Maps seems to work when moving, but not while stationary

Guest Focuszing

Some compass app work ok and some have north with south flipped. It depends on the way they interpret data from the sensor. Anyway have you tried calibrating compass? Might help fixing orientation problem in maps.

Cheers, yes I've calibrated the compass with the figure of eight movement.

Guest C3C0

So does the stationary orientation in google maps work for you or not? It does for me. You could also try deleting /data/misc/akmd_set.txt using some file manager with root capabilities (e.g. es file explorer) . Then reboot and do the calibration again.

Guest Focuszing

So does the stationary orientation in google maps work for you or not? It does for me. You could also try deleting /data/misc/akmd_set.txt using some file manager with root capabilities (e.g. es file explorer) . Then reboot and do the calibration again.

No, it doesn't work in both Google Maps and FlightRadar24. It's a good sign that it works on yours, cheers for the tip on akmd_set.txt I will do that at try again.

Thanks for you help.

Guest C3C0

No problem. And here's how my akmd_set.txt looks like :

HSUC_HDST_FORM0 = 1

HSUC_HO_FORM0.x = 1110

HSUC_HO_FORM0.y = 594

HSUC_HO_FORM0.z = 1630

HFLUCV_HREF_FORM0.x = 0

HFLUCV_HREF_FORM0.y = 0

HFLUCV_HREF_FORM0.z = 0

HSUC_HBASE_FORM0.x = 0

HSUC_HBASE_FORM0.y = 0