A few bits

Guest pritsey

Guest Davidoff59

Yes smart phones arent really meant for taking lots of photos. Its just an add on really to satisfy consumers. Just think how much work it has to do for 1 picture.

The screen is on, it has to focus,take the pic, process it and then save it, and using flash will increase it also. Gps is also a power hungry beast but its still added as thats what consumers want presumably.

Guest pritsey

Taking pictures has never hammered the battery as much using any other phone I've had though. I appreciate what goes into taking a photo, but looking back at iPhone 4 (and 3gs), nexus one all the way back to my 7650, the battery had decreased as expected with use.

I sometimes find that the phone will tell me that I've got 29% and did I want to turn on power saving and then 10 mins later its over 40%. So perhaps its more hoe the OS is interpretting use and not averaging it out over long enough.

Guest Pondlife

The battery meter doesn't seem especially accurate tbh. First 10% seems to vanish and the next 10% holds on much longer, it's a bit weird. And wants to turn on power saving far too early for my liking.

Edited by Pondlife

Guest andysalmon

Has now happened to me too. Appeared after a walk with the handset in my pocket. Not hot and not wet. Pressing the back with the battery off removed the "stain". If it keeps happening, it'll be going back.

Guest pritsey

Has now happened to me too. Appeared after a walk with the handset in my pocket. Not hot and not wet. Pressing the back with the battery off removed the "stain". If it keeps happening, it'll be going back.

Is this about the battery life or did I miss something earlier in the thread?

FWIW, I think that the battery life has began to settle down. Perhaps it needed a few charge/discharge cycles to bed in? Anyway, it seems much improved now, so perhaps I jumped the gun!

Guest pelago

Is this about the battery life or did I miss something earlier in the thread?

He's talking about the blob that appears on some people's G300 screens (I've not seen it on mine).