ZTE Skate (Medion P4310) - Stock ROM with root - Flash with CWM

Guest SchauerM24

Guest SchauerM24

After trying CM7, CM9, Skatie, AtOmIcMod i wan't back to the original ROM from Medion (Germany).

At the moment my recovery system is cwm, i prefer to keep it and optimal is, if i can flash the stock rom through CWM.

CWM + Stock ROM with ROOT + Link2SD is it possible?

Thank you.

Greetz

Guest Redstarr1

I was going to say that there already is a Medion stock rom with root, but apparently it's no longer accessible. If you still have a nandroid backup of your original rom, you can restore that and add root access yourself with the pinned superboot guide. Link2SD is just an app you can get from the Play Store, it works with every rom with root access I've ever tried.

If you no longer have a backup of your original rom (and you really should've kept one), you can download mine: http://minus.com/mmM89bBV0/2 (file should be "Medion_Stock_Backup_CWM.zip"). This is not a flashable zip, you need to extract the contents of this zip to your sd-card in the folder clockworkmod\backup. Then go to recovery, choose "backup&restore", "advanced restore", choose my backup and select to only restore system. Now you have a stock rom with clockworkmod as recovery, you can then root it by running the superboot.bat file in the superboot thread.

If you restore my rom, keep in mind that you should have a TPT with a 225mb system partition and 35mb cache (it doesn't redirect cache).

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest SchauerM24

sounds good, thanks.

df in terminal emulator shows

/system size 220mb

/cache size 57m

that means atm i can't install yours?

what should i have to do?

Guest Redstarr1

You never changed partition sizes with a TPT? Then there should be no problem.. I just thought it was that size because my data partition was 180mb when I bought my phone. You could try restoring anyway (take a backup of the rom you're on now first just to be safe). To be on the safe side, follow this thread: http://www.modaco.com/topic/347446-medion-p4310-zte-skate-android-235/page__st__160. The last 2 posts will cover how to go to complete Medion stock.