unrooted zte skate/OMC stuck in bootloop help

Guest help4help

Guest help4help

Well i upgraded my SD card yesterday from a 2gb to a 8gb. safely transfered all the data and even save the back up on the 2gb just in case it didnt work. every thing was fabulous until i decided to charge my phone. when i removed it from charging for some reason it was switched off, atempt turning it on but its stuck on the orange logo loop. removed the sdcard same thing. switched to the 2gb sd card same thing. turn it off removed, battery sd scard, sim card and connect via usb same time. did the usb connection, turned on phone holding down volume key and power button it says FTM but no further options. My phone has never been rooted, and i really need your step by step help on how to revive it to life. Thanks a lot

Guest help4help

to anyone who had this problem before, posted it and got totally ignored heres what i had to do.

1.so i pressed the up volume key, home button and power button without my sd or sim card in.

2. scroll down to factory reset pressed the back button it then rebotted to its new state and fully turned on.

3. I then turned it back off replaced sd and sim card and it worked.

Beware i had to reinstall all my apps from the android market but that was easy since all apps are saved under my account any way. All my text messages since they where saved directly to my phone was lost as well but thats fine i'm at peace now. :excl:

ATTENTION TO ALL ZTE SKATE (OMC) ROOT EXPERTS :ninja:

Im now looking forward to root my phone so i will always have the system recovery option. I would really appreciate if someone did a step-by-step tutorial on you tube and once you've done it let me know ASAP . Theres one already there but that has bricked some peoples phone and may not be effective for someone like me who dont know much about roms, software, clockworkmod, zip, unzip, paste image to sd card, tpt, you know what i'm talking about. so i hope to inspire you to do it i know theres a step by step guide on here but we need a step by step video guide. BE INSPIRED :angry: you've got it in you :D

thanks a lot guys.

help4help.

You plan root only?

Because if you want to go for custom ROM, you can skip the rooting step. Custom roms are rooted already.

If you're looking for an easy installation take a look at the SKatie ROM.

By installing it you'll automatically get clockworkmod and root.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/350717-romzte-skate-skatie-by-ceco-android-235-dolby-mobile-now-available/

BTW, everything you are looking for has already been discussed couple of hundred times in this forum.

Just search :) Bare in mind that our time is too precious to repeat the same things over and over

Edited by C3C0

Guest help4help

thanks for replying C3CO i now feel the confidence to do something that may potentially harm my phone due to my lack of experience

Edited by help4help

• 2 weeks later...
Guest siriusql

Hello !

I've got kind of a similar problem, my phone (ZTE Skate STARADDICT, SFR) is stuck in bootloop after I tried to root it with a superboot

The superboot was for gingerbread 2.3.4 only and mine is in 2.3.5..

So this is my fault, and of course, on frenchboard I only get insulting message saying I'm an idiot, I shouldn't have done that.. blah blah... Well, no help./

Sooooo... I tried some things but nothing seems to work

I only have access to the recovery menu with these four options :

-rebbot system now

-apply sdcard:update.zip

-wipe data/factory reset

-wipe cache partition

I tried putting a rom, partitioning anew... But yet nothing. I also tried with C3C0's link...

And Im really sorry but I Looked, and Searched about it on the forum and google.... But the only one having the same trouble is a french guy who did never give any tips on how get out of this freakin loop.

Go through this thread : (read carefully and all)

There you'll also find overclockable kernels to be used on SFR staraddict - for different type of roms.

Edited by C3C0

Now I see you don't have clockworkmod recovery that's necessary to do flashing and backups. The easiest way to get it is by using tpt flashing described in this post:

Be aware that this will erase your current rom completely and replace it with unbranded stock rom. So if it is something you don't want you better go for another more complicated alternative of flashing clockworkmod that's described in the first pinned thread ...

Guest siriusql

Wow... an answer. Never thought having one so quick.

yes, I don't have clockworkmod.

I just want my phone back (if possible unrooted) I just don't care how.

I'm going to try this, then let you know how it went.

Guest siriusql

Yup yup... Edit 5mins later... It seems to work, there is an install bar growing up.

Thanks mate. And how come Have I missed this thread before ?!

Edit again : Yup, it's fully fonctionnal. Thanks a lot :)

Edited by siriusql

Btw. I have a backup of sfr original rom somewhere on my hdd so it would be possible to make a tpt of it which could be used to revert your phone to 100% original state - needed in case you need to give your phone for warranty repair if something goes wrong with it.

Guest siriusql

Would be dumb to say "no" .. So yeah, but only if it doesn't bother you to upload it somewhere ? (of course if you put the link here it might come handy for someone else)

I can also now try to root my phone without fearing this to happen again :)

And once more, I'm pleasantly surprised on how the english-speaking community is way much more helping and nice than the french one.

Guest siriusql

oh, well then is there an Ice cream coming on top of that ? (rhum is my favorite flavour :P)

just have to learn about how to use the whole thing now.

Also check if touchscreen works for you. If you have problems with margin areas (typing a,z letters) then look in thread I already mentioned previously :

Guest siriusql

I'm a bit lost about what to do...

I tried what you said on the other topic

backup and restore then "advanced restore" but it says:

"Couldn't open directory.

no files found."

So i downloaded "update-S2-SFR-boot-20120614_2" and i'm going to put it in a folder on my card, is that ok .?

The first thing you did is valid only if you have made backup previously (which you haven't)

Just put zip you mention on SD card and install it using clockworkmod "install zip from SD card"

Guest help4help

Well its always ends with a sigh of relief to find that your phone is back in working condition. Theres always a way around even factory faults since the ZTE Skate is currently unbrickable. Thanks a lot for all the links and advice posted it replaces fustration and anger with peace and satisfaction. This saves paying the phone man to fix it and worth giving a donation to: http://ceco.sk.eu.org for all the support given to the android community.

I must admit i still have not found the time to install the custom rom but should do so by next week this time and will let yall know how it went. It seems very risky to root your phone but in the long run is safer for your apps, data storage, and recovery. All in all thanks C3C0 your a star.

• 4 years later...
Guest keimo02

Hi is it too much to ask any ways to actually recover instead of wipe because i'll do that if thats the last thing i'll have to do...not sure if my Skate is booted tho should be normal stock however do i really need clockwork and if so how would i aquire it for normal skate because on the official page they did not support skate. So the stock does not provide any recovery whatsoever if so why is there any option for it in the firstplace...could it be done through FTM maybe? ive read that FTM could corrupt ROM even further..