The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rickywyatt

The K800 seems damn near identical apart from the screen, this shows when looking at the strings. I think flashing the bootloader should be okay, but don't hold me to that. In addition, I'm not so sure it's an engineering bootloader as the ROM has been build in release mode and not engineering.

l

yes but this rom is a delta rom

He still offline, I pm and tweeted him so hopefully he be about soon.

So wait......if we can flash the engineering bootloader we are well and truly sorted right? lock, stock, clockworkmod.

Edited by Guest

Guest The Soup Thief

Bad timing guys!

It's Paul's Birthday today - looks like he's taking the week off. From his Twitter feed:

Paul O'Brien@PaulOBrien

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! Taking a break next week, then back with a vengeance. ;-)

Edit, Happy Birthday, btw!

Edited by The Soup Thief

Brave is ok if it not blind brave lol.

So if one of us is brave and flashes what, bootloader or uses the flasher to flash the ics leak ?

What are the odds of recovering from a brick, seeing as we have more recovery tools now I guess ?

Show us your war face, fix bayonettes :lol:

Edited by Guest

Guest ben1066

There is nothing to loose trying to flash the leaked ICS now, we can flash back. This tool MAY ignore the signature though it's hardly certain.

Guest ben1066

Wait it doesn't check the boot partition? Well, it'd be a pain in the ass to do, but we COULD theoretically boot from what it thinks is the data partition. Or we could boot from a partition on the SD card.

Edited by ben1066