The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

The only way you will get a battery is by sending it for repair via orange. Seeing as the battery is not ment to be changeable, it is unlikely you will be able to obtain one any other way.

Guest shootomanUK

I know this isn't the place for this, but I had my OSD stolen last night but lucky took it back off the person who stole it anyway long story but somehow he opened the case with is bare hands and removed the battery, which im sure is glued in.

I realise the case is not meant to be opened let alone the battery removed.

so i'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement battery for the OSD

Thanks

found a site here that say they sell them, not sure about the site but it has 70 reviews if you search "san diego battery" in google shopping !

http://www.m-99.co.u..._batteries.html

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest punjabi

I would guess that this video is intels own build before they sent it off to orange and lava so that they can destroy it with bloat.

I was just going to suggest that!

When I looked at the video in more detail I realised that there is absolutely no bloat ware whatsoever... Which is just too good to be true!

I'm guessing the Lava Xolo X900 will be pretty stock like this one.

Can't wait for Xolo to release their update now, this really does look smoother and faster.

Also, did anyone notice that Adobe Flash Player was one of the apps on the phone... Look closely... ;-)

Any news about rooting, unlocking?

I'm going to return OSD to Orange shop, the BACK key does not works, will Orange accept the returning?

yes as it is under 1 years old they have to under warranty

Guest glossywhite

Finally saw this phone "in the flesh" today, and all I can say is... meh, it's okay. All this hype of their being no lag or stutter is a myth; it lagged AND stuttered - not to extremes, but still very obviously present. I can think of far better and more fruitful uses for £190!

Edited by glossywhite

Really.....where did you experience lag ?

I am assuming you had your hands on an orange San Diego running the usual horrid orange rom ?

There is zero lag with the x900 update that most if not all here are running.

Guest glossywhite

I am assuming you had your hands on an orange San Diego running the usual horrid orange rom ?

Home screen, and yes - default Orangeade.

Yeah the orange rom is not too great, there was a noticeable lag when switching screens on orange rom, but that has been the case on all orange devices for me, blade, skate and, osd. Which is why I am not even thinking of using their orange ice cream. Intel made a very big mistake in teaming up with orange, huge mistake as orange have stained a fairly decent device with their crappy orange logo above the cool Intel logo and, slapped a bloated oranginated rom on it lol. Not the good start Intel was probably expecting.

Edited by Guest

Guest punjabi

Finally saw this phone "in the flesh" today, and all I can say is... meh, it's okay. All this hype of their being no lag or stutter is a myth; it lagged AND stuttered - not to extremes, but still very obviously present. I can think of far better and more fruitful uses for £190!

So did you manage to buy it or just see it...?

Our donations will probably be going elsewhere then... on your new toy phone, I suppose...

Guest Fixticks

oops best get the x900 update tonight hehe don mind me

Edited by Fixticks

Guest glossywhite

So did you manage to buy it or just see it...?

Our donations will probably be going elsewhere then... on your new toy phone, I suppose... ������

I have had a TOTAL of £25 in donations, thus far...

My comment was obviously meant to imply that if I had £190 of MY OWN cash, it wouldn't go on this.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest technomole

I've been following the progress of this thread for a while, to see if anyone actually manages to root the san diego, I'm curious about this x900 update, which I assume if the update for the xolo (or whatever it's called in india)

What are the chances that applying this update to my san diego will break it ? again I assume that as it's more or less the same phone it'll be fine, does everything work with this update ?

Cheers.

I've been following the progress of this thread for a while, to see if anyone actually manages to root the san diego, I'm curious about this x900 update, which I assume if the update for the xolo (or whatever it's called in india)

What are the chances that applying this update to my san diego will break it ? again I assume that as it's more or less the same phone it'll be fine, does everything work with this update ?

Cheers.

I and many others have been running x900 update for some time now.....it will not break your device :)

Guest technomole

Seems the update doesn't want to install, It gets to about a third way through then it just shows the android recovery system, I've tried it a few times now.

I've followed the instructions to the letter, so it either won't install or I'm doing something wrong (which is most likely) never had this much trouble with my zte skate, rooted that easily.

It seems clearing the cache solves this.

I had the same problem with the update stopping halfway, once i cleared the cache it took it

Edited by Guest