The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest benichou

your device should restart just after the first reboot, because it just moves the binaries to their respective directories, so the flikering happens just few seconds.

I did factory reset and device is fine, so now i gonna do again and do as you said, but first can you confirm you are root.

It clearly looks like it works as device vibrates during process and it says it has worked.

Edited by Guest

Guest benichou

i just tested titanium backup, and it is working!

LBE privacy guard is not working, i think it needs the correct busybox, but i can see, the different applications who asked for su permissions into the superuser app

Edited by benichou

With root we can maybe get sd card working, and various other goodies, with root more will get this device and sooner or later happy days....clockworkmod

@ punjabi it is one click

Edited by Guest

Very well done Benichou, and I am really pleased for you jikobutsu that you are the second person to get root as you've been flying the flag for this phone and this forum right from day one.

Guest punjabi

Yeah, well done guys @ Benichou and jikobutsu!!! :D

You guys have finally cracked it!!! I really had lost hope in this device with root, honestly... but good on you. It just goes to say that if there's a will there's always a way. We were faced with what seemed like a mountain to climb when it came to rooting this device...!!!

"Appluase"

...So, what's the way to root again... for noobs I mean! ^_^

NO.....I am not to do with the work, I just took the plunge....all thanks and praise to Benichou!

@punjabi, download the file, extract, run the file that says Run Me.....job done, it will ask on your device to accept restoring data, say yes, device will reboot and be a bit unstable, reboot again, or in my case it rebooted itself second time i did it....done you have root!

Note: Usb debugging must be enabled on your device.

Edited by Guest