The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Objects have jagged edges, focus is blurry, colours washed out and noisy. Did some direct comparisons with desire and there was no competition. Desire hands down.

Guest shootomanUK

Just ordered one of these, but was wondering if the actual android rom that is on the device is x86 android ?

if so is it not possible to try and run the Superuser-3.1.3-x86-signed.zip available from the website:

http://androidsu.com/superuser/

if not then please dont bite me head off :-)

also has anyone tried the fastbooot command: fastboot oem unlock

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest kabirsaini2011

I hope xolo's ICS will solve our problems...at least you will able to unlock OSD's sim...

Edited by kabirsaini2011

Guest kabirsaini2011

From what I read, Paul already has the Xolo X900 ICS rom, but it cannot be flashed to the phone.

Is this rom stable ?? I mean what his sources said about its stability?

Guest shootomanUK

It's the ICS Rom from Intel .

You can dl it and the sdk from the intel website .

i can't find it, care to share the link ?

cheers

Guest shootomanUK

Has anyone made any progress with the device yet ? the topic seems to have gone a bit dry :-(

still havn't got mine yet, should arrive next week but im already thinking of getting rid becuase lack of interest with the community.

just hope there's a breakthrough !

Edited by shootomanUK

Its not looking good currently but I would wait till ICS is released because with some luck that may be rootable

Amen to that, just hope it is soon, after seeing ICS on my G300, I just know how nice the OSD will be with it, and like you say, there maybe a chance of root with ics.

Guest shootomanUK

Its not looking good currently but I would wait till ICS is released because with some luck that may be rootable

i'd be happy with a sim unlock just for now so i can use my existing giffgaff sim, might go to the orange shop to see what my chances are.

i know your supposed to be on orange for 3 month and then its £20 but its worth a try

Guest kabirsaini2011

Official.tweet of xolo says that they will update ics next month.... if intel is preparing software then sandiego will also recieve its update next month

Edited by kabirsaini2011

Next month! So soon, surely not, at least for us poor souls on orange anyway, they will propably spend a few extra months oranging the crap out of it.

Also, I wonder when the xolo ics is released, maybe we could update with it ?

Edited by Guest

Guest kabirsaini2011

Next month! So soon, surely not, at least for us poor souls on orange anyway, they will propably spend a few extra months oranging the crap out of it.

Lol we are enjoying plain gingerbread ... orange might be trolling with you guys.... have anybody hrd osd tweet regarding update ??

Guest rickywyatt

iv also tryed every hack i no but still cant root this thing iv tryed

gingerbreak (stops at cant open log)

z4root (just exits)

uroot (dont work)

any other idears lol

Guest rickywyatt

data/local/tmp/GingerBrea

[**] Gingerbreak/Honeybomb -- android 2.[2,3], 3.0 softbreak

[**] © 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew. All rights reserved.

[**] Kudos to jenzi, the #brownpants-party, the Open Source folks,

[**] Zynamics for ARM skills and Onkel Budi

[**] donate to [email protected] if you like

[**] Exploit may take a while!

[+] Plain Gingerbread mode!

[+] Found PT_DYNAMIC of size 264 (33 entries)

[+] Found GOT: 0x0805d3ac

[+] Using device /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/mmc_host/mmc0

[*] vold: 0000 GOT start: 0x0805d3ac GOT end: 0x0805d3ec

Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': Permission denied

Guest huggyc

iv also tryed every hack i no but still cant root this thing iv tryed

gingerbreak (stops at cant open log)

z4root (just exits)

uroot (dont work)

any other idears lol

You could try superoneclick using the USB drivers installed by PDAnet.

http://junefabrics.com/android/download.php

IE. download and install PDAnet (above) letting it install it's own generic drivers choose 'other phones'. Then try running superoneclick.

This method worked for me when rooting a huaewi u8180 recently, where nothing else would play ball... (superoneclick would just hang).

I know this is an Intel and not ARM chipset but there has been reported success with another Intel Medfield phone using this tool (ie Lenovo K800) here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1685304&page=2

and obviously, that's slightly different hardware too.. but it could be worth another shot!! ;) Good luck! :)

Guest rickywyatt

i tryed all the super one click aswell dont work grrr i bet this phone would be sick if we could find a hack dose anyone no if will could disable the recovery security like on sony s tablet or samsung?

I wondered if Intel are new to all this, there is a possibility they approached one of the android giants about locking bootloader and so maybe root exploit method for say a HTC would yield results. Probably talking a load of cod, but in the situation we are in here, I think all ideas count for something no matter how wacky they sound.

As has been noted above, an Intel device has been cracked so this is doable.

Can you imagine OSD overclocked to 1.8Ghz, show me one Android that would out perform it, considering it is already faster than most dual cores.

Edited by Guest

Guest joe1r23

I dont know if this is relevant but all the exploits that i know off need sd-cards but the osd only has USB storage this could be what's preventing the exploits