Volume steps

Guest DirectCollect

Guest DirectCollect

Hi. Is it possible to increase the number of volume steps for media volume. Not to make the sound louder, but to give more granularity at the lower end?

Thanks

Guest Jamoh

Hi,

You can try Fine Volume Control V2.0 which you can download from Google Play. As the title of the app says you can control the volume in quite small increments. It also allows to you obtain quite low volumes as well if you wish. I find it works well on the Skate. There is a free 24hr trial version.

Hope this helps.

Guest Redstarr1

You don't need an app for that (especially not a paid app). All it takes is changing some values in system (don't know which but there're probably plenty guys out there that do). Some roms have more volume steps of their own, like H3 Blues or its predecessor AtomICS.

Guest DirectCollect

I'm still on the stock. It only seems to have about 10 volume levels.

The difference in volume between mute and level 1 is too much. Needs about 20 or 30 levels I think.

I have root, so can change some system config files if that can fix it.

This depends on rom you are using. Cannot be done generally for every rom.

Guest hugobosslives

I'm still on the stock. It only seems to have about 10 volume levels.

The difference in volume between mute and level 1 is too much. Needs about 20 or 30 levels I think.

I have root, so can change some system config files if that can fix it.

on a quick google. it seems it isn't too hard to do. have a look.

Guest DirectCollect

I did a google but one solution I saw involved downloading the SDK and hacking some hex codes in a file.

I am not a programmer, just a user, so this is not something I would want to try.

I had a look on the market but there is nothing apart from the paid app which was mentioned in this thread, and there was some negative feedback about it.

At the end of the day I could just use some physical obstruction across the speaker to muffle it, but I thought I would look for a software fix first.

Thanks.

on a quick google. it seems it isn't too hard to do. have a look.

@DirectCollect

Do you have just root or you also have clockworkmod recovery?

If so, send me your framework.res (you will find it in /system/framework dir) and

I can make a modified one for you. All you need to do is tell me how many steps you want.

I will then send you zip to flash (including the one with original framework.res for backup purposes)

Guest DirectCollect

@DirectCollect

Do you have just root or you also have clockworkmod recovery?

If so, send me your framework.res (you will find it in /system/framework dir) and

I can make a modified one for you. All you need to do is tell me how many steps you want.

I will then send you zip to flash (including the one with original framework.res for backup purposes)

I only have root and have never flashed a rom. Could you give me a link for step by step instructions on how to flash yours?

Thanks.

I can but mine has 15 vol steps only for media I think (not sure now). And has Dolby for better audio.

For easy installation follow Option 1 at http://www.modaco.co...-now-available/

This will also install clockworkmod recovery automatically.

After flashing go to online update kitchen to upgrade from 1.1 to 2.4

Be aware that this will also repartition your internal memory so you'll have 150MB system partition (stock is 235MB). So you'll get almost 90MB more on data partition. Also be aware that some roms (like ICS) require bigger system partition but you can easily repartition memory yourself using TPT Helper application from Play store when needed.

I recommend to make a backup of stock ROM before you decide to flash something else.

Some info can be found here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/351269-backup-original-rom/page__p__1920786__hl__backup%20stock

Edited by C3C0