help please think ive bricked it!

Guest sid8001

Guest sid8001

downloaded tpt helper from google play, thought i was installing a zip but now im stuck in cwm and dont know any details of phone, its a replacement from orange that i got this morning,

what a plonker, i ama real novice and was following a link on here for beginners,

cheers

Guest sid8001

opened tft helper and then pressed a few options, ended up in cwm, pressed a few more like install from sd and now i cant get cwm to close

Guest razzmataz1478

So i guess when you do reboot system it goes straight back into recovery?

What does it say when you try to install a rom?

Guest sid8001

it aborts installation of v2b zip

how would i leave cwm as reboot does go back to cwm, is there a file on sd card i can install from?

Guest sid8001

tried restore but it couldnt open directory as no files found, would it be wise for me to stop trying all these options, guess it might be?

Guest razzmataz1478

By the sounds of it you have no idea how to tpt.

Put your SD card in a card reader and unzip v2b to the root of your SD card. There should be an image folder on your sd card. Also make sure you have a ROM on your sd card. Put your sd card in the phone and hold down power menu and volume+. You will boot into clockwork and now you have TPTed and should be able to install a rom

Guest sid8001

thanks

your right i have no idea, just got fed up with orangestuff so when got replacement i thought id have a go.

have un zippednthe v2b into its own folder on the sdcard, is that correct.

i then put it back but still no files, what am i doing wrong.

i thought the v2b was the rom, guess not

Guest sid8001

have downloaded a debranded rom from montecarlophone.co.uk and put it on sdcard, installed the zip file when sd back in phone after deleting the cache etc, not showing android green icon for 25minutes

Guest sid8001

just stuck on android icon have removed battery and rebooted in cwm but goes straight back to android icon, i waited over 30 mins before pulling battery,

any ideas please help

Guest Redstarr1

www.modaco.com/topic/349541-faq-rooting-for-beginners-updated-26-02-12/

Read the first post, it's got all the information you need. Sorry that the url is not a linked, I'm on my phone right now.

Also, get another rom than the one from that site, choose one from this forum. I'd recommend Skatie, it's really novice-proof.