Orange Monte Carlo with broken mic for £40! Is it worth buying?

Guest ROMZERO

Guest ROMZERO

Hi all,

Ive been offered a Monte Carlo with a broken mic for £40. Does anyone think its worth buying to possiblly fix it myself? Ive read over a couple of posts where some of you have sent your monte carlos back but some have fixed them themselves

thanks

Guest jtharmor

No.....you cannot be sure whether its hardware failure or whether its mic displacement which you have read in some posts here....

Guest WAWA72

You can buy it. After buying you send it me. I have Skate Menue Board with Microphone here.

All Blades i repaired with microphone Problems are have all the Same failure. Iam sure the Skate having same Problems.

I want for this Service 15 Euro and postage.

Guest ROMZERO

You could use it as a 3G modem/wifi access point

Thanks although I already have a mifi device and tether from gs2. i might still get it though if i can haggle it down to £20 Would be gd to know if i could definately fix it though Edited by ROMZERO

Guest ROMZERO

If you can get it down to £20,I buy it anyway. You should ask he/she if it is a software flaw or a hardware one.

cheers thats what i was thinking,i reckon its hardware as some people have had similiar problems with mic displacement, i would try a custom rom on it after taking it apart and having a look at it because it might be just fluff. still unsure to buy it or not

Guest ROMZERO

If you can get it down to £20,I buy it anyway. You should ask he/she if it is a software flaw or a hardware one.

ive just sent them a message to see if they'll accept £20, i love a good haggle,always blagging me! lol Edited by ROMZERO

Guest ROMZERO

Thanks tillaz. Thats good to hear. Uf it did need a new mic anybody got any idea where id buy one online? I had a look on ebay but couldnt see any after typing in monte carlo replacement mic.

Guest ROMZERO

I wrote you, i have this Part.

i know you did i was waiting until i cleaned it out.it turns out my phone new phone just needed a clean (mic protector was full of hair n dust yuk lol)thanks anyway i will keep you in mind if i do need the part though although i wouldnt be up for sending my phone anywhere.

Guest ROMZERO

thanks to everyones input on this, i got the phone for £25, took it home.opened back, took dust protector off,cleaned around mic area and mic holes, unlocked it,tpt'd it, flashed a custom rom on it. thanks again you's are a helpful bunch of good people, :)

Guest ROMZERO

So you got the mic working? (You lucky person for getting it for £25! xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.5Yux4gu5_h.png )

yep sure did just needed a clean out,theres a good thread on here i followed for cleaning the mic protector with pic illustration followed that and job done! i do feel lucky i got it for £25. got a vivacity at x mas but it was playing up so this is a good replacement i reckon. thanks for your input Mtman1. you really helped pushed me to risk getting it btw. :)

Guest oscar-mark

The mic is bad from the beggining, can't you just use a headset?

I think it's worth it!

Edited by oscar-mark