New Rom cm7-20120722-NIGHTLY-U8220/U8230

Guest imranmeraj

• 2 weeks later...
Guest padrao73

^Hello is there anyway to have the Portuguese language on this ROM ? If Yes how can i install it ?

All the Best

Padrao

Guest twrock

is working in this ROM camera? what speed and what it is the core

Camera is not working in this rom. I didn't test beyond this. I was just curious about it.

For the record, I modified the rom by installing some basic Google apps (Market, Gmail, etc.). But nothing I did should have affected the camera.

So I installed it in the morning and until now it's faster than cm7 kernel .32.

No force closes whatsoever. Used dta2sd for swap and apps2sd ext. Used the low-mem moderate memory arangement with jit and oc to 614.

so far i like it. I'll test the battery with my usage from tommorow.

Only 1 problem though (that i don't mind). While rotating a green screen shows and dissapears (while loading i guess). So that's it. Will post more info soon.

Guest twrock

So I installed it in the morning and until now it's faster than cm7 kernel .32.

No force closes whatsoever. Used dta2sd for swap and apps2sd ext. Used the low-mem moderate memory arangement with jit and oc to 614.

so far i like it. I'll test the battery with my usage from tommorow.

Only 1 problem though (that i don't mind). While rotating a green screen shows and dissapears (while loading i guess). So that's it. Will post more info soon.

Yes, please report back on battery life in particular. I haven't ever gotten as good of battery life with a CM7 rom.

Ok, so here is the deal.

Data connection was always on with sync, wifi on for 6h time (whenever the phone wakes up, it connects to it) - connected for 8-9 times. Showed a few youtube videos at that time.

Downloaded and deleted some apps, used google maps for navigating and similar things. Only got 1 restart because of google maps navigation.

And after 12h (since I've unplugged it) 5 phone calls and a few text messages, I have 25% left of the battery.

Personally after using cm7 with .32 kernel, this is quite a wake up call. Typing isn't laggy, battery life is better (not better than TomG cm6, but it's quite close to Styx with my use).

Forgot to mention I've used Skype (for testing calls and chat) and it was ok. While calling, turned off sync and after 15 seconds, the call became fine.

Guest twrock

I've been using it all day as well. Very interesting. Thanks for fixing it and uploading it imranmeraj.

I installed it "as-is", and then did a bit of tweaking by removing and adding a few apps from /system. It wasn't a "normal" day for me, but battery life did look promising, much better than any other CM7 rom I've used.

But ADW Launcher is not as smooth as in Styx (but is that the rom or a newer version of ADW that is the problem?). The rom seems at least "slightly" more laggy than Styx. But all in all, I find it quite usable. No green screens in a whole day of use. DT A2SD works perfectly. Now what I want to know is if it doesn't have the "no voice on calls" bug. That might take a while to find out, but hopefully that one isn't here.

BTW, Set MAC Address from the Market works to correct the MAC address bug. I forget what all it takes to get the front camera to work, but I suspect it won't be too hard to pull that fix from other CM7 roms. (Anyone have the link handy?)

For the record, my testing is with the same settings as I typically use in all roms: JIT off, swappy 30, compcache off, lowmem moderate, 245min-528max speed.

Guest twrock

My first incoming call today did not have the other person's voice. That's the same problem I've encountered with other CM6 and CM7 roms. So I'm back to using Styx instead, since this CM7 did not solve that problem and seemed a bit slower at the same settings overall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest sol-invictus

hi imranmeraj!

i'm using your ROM from the link in the first post (CyanogenMod-7-20120722-nightly-8220 is shown) on a daily basis, and i'm happy with it! :)

so one thing that is strange is the shown battery life - it jumps up and down - if you use it heavily, it goes down, but if you leave it for some time the battery indicator jumps up again...

so what have you done to the nightly builds that they are woking that fine? just added the libs above (camera.so, libcamera.so, libcameraservice.so, libmm-qcamera-tgt.so, libmmcamera.so, libmmjpeg.so)?

thanks for the ROM! :)

Guest doc_relax

Hey there,

using also (CyanogenMod-7-20120722-nightly-8220) since today. U8230. Everything is working well so far, all features work.

Problem: can´t install anything from the market (play sotore) - error: this version is not compatible to your device.

I´m in germany. Any ideas?

--> Correction: I can´t install Whatsapp and Facebook. Other Apps = ok. Hmm.

Regards, doc

Edited by doc_relax