Want a touch recovery?-generate it yourself!

Guest Lens_flare

Guest liquid metal newbie

Don't know about colors, but graphics could be changed by disassembling img(use perl script for boot.img for disassembling and mkbootimg for assembling).

In english please

Guest Lens_flare
In english please

If it's not english, ok;

графику можно изменить только если разобрать recovery.img с помощью командного файла perl, который можно найти в google, там же можно найти mkbootimg. с помощью этих инструментов можно собрать и разобрать recovery, дальше остается только заменить графику. цвета изменить нельзя.

Happy translations sir.. if my english is so bad to understand..

Guest ltpitt

If it's not english, ok;

Happy translations sir.. if my english is so bad to understand..

I think he just asked to translate from geek-ish to English :)

Guest liquid metal newbie

I did not mean to say that your english is bad Lens

I just did not understand what u meant (i have no experience with perl scripts)

would u please explain it to me in simple english language

I meant no disrespect

Guest Lens_flare
I just did not understand what u meant (i have no experience with perl scripts)

would u please explain it to me in simple english language

alright boss..

Colors couldn't be changed without source modification I don't know where to find.

About graphics:

Requires: ubuntu(will use it for example), mkbootimg, perl scripts from here , thx Techno[=Technolover].

Boot ubuntu, install perl:

in terminal:

sudo apt-get install perl
if not installed but found "similar", copy what it showd(actually exact package name) to line above, so you got something like that pattern:
sudo apt-get install [found package][/code]

or you could try to install it from built-in ubuntu store, hope their "market" won't be so difficult to use.

Pack all tools you got(2 *.pl-s and mkbootimg) and target recovery in one folder, let's name it "reco" and put to home folder to ease of use

in terminal type:

[code]cd reco[/code]
then time to unpack recovery. in the same terminal type:
[code]perl Liquid-MT-Unpack-Bootimg.pl recovery.img[/code]
if all is ok, we've got a folder named recovery-ramdisk(there is also gz, but we will only work with folder). In res folder(as I remember) you'll find all graphics. [b][color=#ff0000]And now only you is responsible for all replaced graphics[/color][/b] :D if you want to use that recovery, it should be packed again to recovery image. Now, as Techno prefers pure scripts, you should make Liquid-MT-mkbootimg executable: right click on Liquid-MT-mkbootimg->preferences->permissions tab, then check "allow as executable" or somewhat. alternatively, it could be done via terminal:
[code]chmod a+x Liquid-MT-mkbootimg[/code]
Assuming we are on the same terminal all the time. then just type in the same terminal:
[code]perl Liquid-MT-Repack-Bootimg.pl recovery.img-kernel.gz recovery.img-ramdisk recovery.img[/code]
if I mistyped somewhere, you could manually copy these names in order showed below:
[CODE]perl [script name] [kernel] [ramdisk or merely folder where we changed graphics] [output file][/code]

then flash recovery you got and that is it.

hope it is more clear(but you could find the same on google! ;[ )

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest vamper89

I would like to change the partition from ext3 to ext4 by Gparted.

I tried to save the contents of the ext to copy them later, but some files can not copy because I do not have permission.

How can i do?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lens_flare

what? I thought CWM touch is still 5.x.x..

Is the backup speed in 6.0.0.1 noticeablely different from 5.x.x.x?

yes, fast as hell

mhm its not working for me :wacko:

it seems that the recovery is getting to big - flashing fails

they may have changed something in the script?

bladyle, is your generated recovery working, or did just the build process succeed?

Guest bladyle

bladyle, is your generated recovery working, or did just the build process succeed?

it's working :) i can upload it for you guys if have problems to generate it yourself.

Guest Bolpa

it's working :) i can upload it for you guys if have problems to generate it yourself.

either with cm9 or miuiv4 boot.img Build fails... :(

http://minus.com/llBzrGFd15YuQ

Just extract the archive and rename one of the recovery_xxxx.img files to recovery.img and run install_recovery

hm

6001 is not flashable at my device... maybe its to old, containing a different chip?

MFG Date Dec, 2010

Edited by !gm