Would it be possible to port this?

Guest iReece

Guest utternoob

Quick question. Ported lalit's AOSP for blade using a guide and used latest CM9 as a base and it doesn't boot. Changed the kernel, boot image but can't think of anything else. Should I post a link or create a new topic to raise awareness and get help?

Guest razzmataz1478

Why don't you use Lalit's AOSP ROM for the Skate as a base?

And what are you trying to get from AOSP for the Blade, as far as I know they're the same?

Guest razzmataz1478

I think this is why it's better to build an open source operating from source rather than trying to port it.

Do you not have a computer available at all? A logcat would be helpful :)

Anyway, I'm sure that Lalit would happily update AOSP if you showed interest in an update....

Guest utternoob

I have indicated interest before but he seems very busy with blade skate and g300 and I think it would be nice to help him. Only computer I have is my dad's and he is very protective :'(

Guest utternoob

The guide mentions updater script editing and changing boot.img but I can't do it because I don't have Linux and there is no android app. Can I open it as text?

Guest razzmataz1478

With updater script you can use notepad++.

I'm pretty sure that there is a kernel unpacker for windows but you shouldn't need to edit BOOTCLASSPATH.

Guest utternoob

Didn't think so. Tried again but no boot, so I think it may still have CFX dependancy. Will download that and try again. Any other ideas?

This is how far I have got: http://db.tt/4fjVzaat

Edited by utternoob