MoDaCo Custom ROM Ir1 for the Samsung Galaxy S III - new: Trackball Alert support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul could you please add some more brightness to the framework-res b.t.w.? At the moment I use the MOD from XDA "..._LB3 odexed" http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1695559. And it's great. But if you start changing the framework-res we cannot use that kind of fixes anymore.

Yes, can do! Will add that to the list! :)

Thanks for Roms, in the touchwiz rom there is a file in System/apps called SSuggest.ap and then below it is SSuggest.apk. Is th .ap file suppossed to be there?

Fixed in kitchen, will be fixed in the next prebake. Thanks for the heads up!

for extended power menu, I was doing mine and I came across Homan Egeel's and liked that alot better (just did a few edits) (flash from cwm)

services.jar is for crt off. push to framework

here is the DL link for the extended power menu, it was too big to attach

http://d-h.st/THp

g

Dude, that's SWEET! Mind if I add it to the kitchen?

P

Guest kayceejayh

I think Munkimatt mentioned it on Twitter but it would be nice to have the CM9 style power toggles rather than the Samsung look ones.

Guest PaulOBrien

for extended power menu, I was doing mine and I came across Homan Egeel's and liked that alot better (just did a few edits) (flash from cwm)

services.jar is for crt off. push to framework

here is the DL link for the extended power menu, it was too big to attach

http://d-h.st/THp

2012-06-28%2012.33.36-sm.png

OK, I tweaked this slightly (there were a couple of issues in the framework-res) and i'll add to the kitchen in a bit. :)

P

Guest GPTom

Hi!

I just cooked me a rom without almost everything from samsung (to make it as vanila as possible). My Problem now is the setup wizzard now crashes and after that i only get a black screen. I then rebootet but nothing is happening... it keeps on the samsung logo (more than 10 minutes)

do you have any clue?

EDIT: generated a new rom, its working now!

thanks

Edited by GPTom

Guest ogdobber

OK, I tweaked this slightly (there were a couple of issues in the framework-res) and i'll add to the kitchen in a bit. :)

P

cool, i had problems compiling the original. btw, i pm'd you a new and better download png

Semi-transparent pulldown nice?

P

yes!

Guest PaulOBrien

cool, i had problems compiling the original. btw, i pm'd you a new and better download png

Cool, I don't have time to drop the updated PNG in today, i'll do that over the weekend or Monday. Thanks! :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien
Why not just use Light Flow? Doesn't require root....

Simple - tba has no effect on battery, light flow does.

Besides, you can just install and use that on this ROM if you choose...

P

Guest GPTom

Hi Paul

I have a really big Problem with this Custom Rom... I can't use Exchange Accounts...!

I did pick the Exchange Option in the Kitchen, but it just won't accept my Exchange Account (it works fine on my GNEX). And when I try to use it with the Samsung Mail App the App Crashes at the End of the Account Setup.

Can you please help me? Really need Exchange to be working for my work...

Guest r5ingh

Argh! I'm close to pulling my hair out guys, I've got a (Three) H3G UK S3 and I rooted with CWM kernel and flashed a baked MCR, everything was fine until after a few reboots I got the notorious voice call bug. In call audio is really distorted and pretty much unbearable, so I read around and flashed a new radio (no luck), then I reverted to stock firmware, which DOES fix the problem... Anyhow, coming back to an MCR or any other custom rom I get the voice bug again! The phone is pretty much useless with this problem.

I've tried CM9 as well (same issue) and I've tried CF Root and CWM Kernels together with flashing stock NELE4 modem without solving the issue... any idea's?

Edit: I forgot to mention that my bakes have been pretty much vanilla roms, could a missing samsung service/application be causing the issue?

Edit 2: Well after several flashes and bakes, I've now determined the following: It's not a modem issue, It's not a kernel issue, the bug occurs only on vanilla rom bakes and the vanilla prebake, I'm now using the TW prebake and XLF5 modem without the bug. Paul additionally I noticed that the Calendar and Contacts Descriptions were messed up in the kitchen - no biggie.

Edited by r5ingh

Guest mikek7

Nice ROM (if a little large - 700Mb?!) but no Exchange means I'm going back to CM9 until its fixed

I rely on exchange for work, so its essential for for me

Help.. :( Exchange isn't even working with vanilla prebake!

Guest PaulOBrien

Argh! I'm close to pulling my hair out guys, I've got a (Three) H3G UK S3 and I rooted with CWM kernel and flashed a baked MCR, everything was fine until after a few reboots I got the notorious voice call bug. In call audio is really distorted and pretty much unbearable, so I read around and flashed a new radio (no luck), then I reverted to stock firmware, which DOES fix the problem... Anyhow, coming back to an MCR or any other custom rom I get the voice bug again! The phone is pretty much useless with this problem.

I've tried CM9 as well (same issue) and I've tried CF Root and CWM Kernels together with flashing stock NELE4 modem without solving the issue... any idea's?

Edit: I forgot to mention that my bakes have been pretty much vanilla roms, could a missing samsung service/application be causing the issue?

Edit 2: Well after several flashes and bakes, I've now determined the following: It's not a modem issue, It's not a kernel issue, the bug occurs only on vanilla rom bakes and the vanilla prebake, I'm now using the TW prebake and XLF5 modem without the bug. Paul additionally I noticed that the Calendar and Contacts Descriptions were messed up in the kitchen - no biggie.

Strange, there's nothing between Vanilla / TW that should really affect that! Tweaked the Clocks / Contacts descriptions. :)

Hi Paul

I have a really big Problem with this Custom Rom... I can't use Exchange Accounts...!

I did pick the Exchange Option in the Kitchen, but it just won't accept my Exchange Account (it works fine on my GNEX). And when I try to use it with the Samsung Mail App the App Crashes at the End of the Account Setup.

Can you please help me? Really need Exchange to be working for my work...

Did you select 'Exchange Account Support' from the Google section and 'E-mail' from the Samsung section?

P

Guest Planet X

Hi Paul, I have made a new bake without EPM so I am able to flash the autobrightness fix again. Could you please put higher levels in the framework-res?

I asked before but for me the phone is still too dark in house. I use the AB_3 fix from xda which really looks nice in- and outside. I would even prefer one extra value like 90 in between if possible.

This are the values:

Stock AB1 AB2 AB3

20 25 30 40

80 100 120 130

130 165 195 200

190 235 240 240

255 255 255 255

Edited by Planet X