[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Valicek1

Hi, I found this: http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDU5NTk= on the product page of G300.. But download is broken. I tried google and found this repository. https://github.com/supertoast/kernel-2.6.38.6-U8815-Gingerbread.

I don't know, if it can help you, but I hope, than yes. And sorry, if I discovered something known :)

Guest maritimesbob

Hello,

I know very little about rom development so please forgive the ignorance. Will this CM9 port be getting any updates from the latest ICS from China such as the kernel, camera etc?

Thank you as always for your time and effort in providing this.

Guest Dazzozo

Hello,

I know very little about rom development so please forgive the ignorance. Will this CM9 port be getting any updates from the latest ICS from China such as the kernel, camera etc?

Thank you as always for your time and effort in providing this.

Why wouldn't it? :)

The kernel isn't in that list, though, the official kernel won't boot out of the box on CM9 for various predicted reasons, but that's what source is for.

Guest skobywan

Skyobywan, it was probably just a battery pull needed. Happens regularly after flashing a rom for some reason.

I tried that a couple of times after reading of another guy whose phone took 45 minutes on the logo plus a couple of battery pulls to get it to boot. I gave it a good 15 minutes on and tried a couple of times. But still I found CW9 instead :)

Edited by skobywan

Guest Mtman1

Thanks for this rom and good luck fixing everything :) it shouldn't be that hard with the official ics now.

On a side note, I can feel this phone being as popluar as the blade.... that would be cool :)

Guest PeaceMaker_H

This ROM is way superior over the stock ICS one..

Touch response is better as the general look and feel..

Can´t wait for it to be ready :D

Dazzozo, on CM9 the original ICS keyboard has Portuguese correction and prevision, but on the stock ICS it doesn´t, do you think there is any way to add language correction to the stock keyboard? or this is a dead end and the best is to install another keyboard app?

Guest fic119

i have one problem, i dont get PIN Unlock menu, so i cant use my phone. 1st time worked and now after i used MIUI i wanted CM back but i have this problem.

Is someone able to help me?

Guest Hpez

This ROM is way superior over the stock ICS one..

Touch response is better as the general look and feel..

Yeah, I agree. Stock ICS is nice and all but I miss the extra CM9 features. Really looking forward to an updated release. :)

Guest Pondlife

i have one problem, i dont get PIN Unlock menu, so i cant use my phone. 1st time worked and now after i used MIUI i wanted CM back but i have this problem.

Is someone able to help me?

This isn't compatible with the official ics upgraded phones atm, only miui, stock and the htcmania ones are

Guest genuine2009

Hello,

in my opinion, this is the best rom from all , even incomplete......

still waiting for completion, AUTHOR!!!!

Thanks in advance......including your efforts!!!!!!

Guest Dazzozo

Here's a statement on B926:

Looking good, most things are working, we've managed to get the new baseband going, though mobile data is currently dead (same issue as before). We're working on it and we have a couple of leads.

Guest FrankieADZ

nice :)

glad to see ur its not be too much of a pain for you Daz

right....whens CyanogenMod 10 coming then :lol: joke ;)

Guest Christiansdad

Had anyone else experienced the problem when after about 30 seconds of making a call the volume seems to increase like it's on loud speaker?

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Had anyone else experienced the problem when after about 30 seconds of making a call the volume seems to increase like it's on loud speaker?

Yes, noticed something like that, speaker is way louder than original roms..

Guest skobywan

Yes, noticed something like that, speaker is way louder than original roms..

cm9 has an eq on it for the speaker and headphones. You can adjust it from Apollo.

Guest Christiansdad
cm9 has an eq on it for the speaker and headphones. You can adjust it from Apollo.

For me it started at a normal level then got louder, I couldn't turn it down either. So don't see how adjusting the eq would make a difference.

Guest Dazzozo

Mobile data is probably going to require the RIL implementation to be reversed again... :angry:

Qiwu is apparently on it. ;)

Guest sej7278

Mobile data is probably going to require the RIL implementation to be reversed again... :angry:

Qiwu is apparently on it. ;)

you mean to rebase it on b926 ?

how is cm9 going on it now - is hardware acceleration working (i assume we have openmax etc. as its armv7) what's this about no opengl?

how's the kernel source? i know its 2.6.38 not 3.0.8 yet, but is it complete bullshit like the zte offerings, or can you actually build a working kernel from what they release?

i'm thinking of getting a g300 but as i hate stock roms, i will want to be using cm9 with it, i don't like the sound of all this upgrade/downgrade crap and restoring imei and unlocking the bootloader every time you do a flash, sounds worse than the defy.

Guest Dazzozo

We're trying to update it for the B926 baseband, yes. As they have a custom RIL implementation, all that has changed so it needs reversing again.

No OpenGL yet as no stock ROM uses OpenGL which is a giant Huawei oversight, yes we have OpenMAX.

The kernel source... could be better. Hoping the 3.0 kernel drop will actually contain things like Bluetooth which seems to be missing. :(

Guest glorifiedg

Hi! I bought my g300 today and i have a couple of question that I hope to be in the right place:

1- This CM9 version of ICS will be possible to be updated by OTA whenever the devs release a new version?

2- Can I downgrade this rom for the original rom (made a backup as explained in other topic)

Thanks

Edited by glorifiedg

Guest FrankieADZ

Hi! I bought my g300 today and i have a couple of question that I hope to be in the right place:

1- This CM9 version of ICS will be possible to be updated by OTA whenever the devs release a new version?

2- Can I downgrade this rom for the original rom (made a backup as explain in other topic)

Thanks

to point 1...now you can, you have to put the update on ur external SD card then update thru clockworkMod