[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Davidoff59

Its for 2 different markets which raises more questions. You are aiming at the English speaking users while Qiwu has the Chinese market. Teamwork helps him as much as it helps you so I'm puzzled.

Guest Dazzozo

Totally. He was even asking me if I'd fixed Bluetooth...

I'm hoping there are only simple wires crossed here and qiwu will come along and explain all.

Guest SolitaryCZ

I really don't get why manufacturers are so afraid of modding community? If anything, they should be supporting it, ferociously... modding community is usually making the device even better, which raises interest in the actual devices. It seems to me that they really don't understand how open-source community works and how to co-operate and profit from mutual work. They have whole bunch of people who does their work for free and they are afraid of them? My head just does not compute this kind of silly nonsense...

Guest Dazzozo

I really don't get why manufacturers are so afraid of modding community? If anything, they should be supporting it, ferociously... modding community is usually making the device even better, which raises interest in the actual devices. It seems to me that they really don't understand how open-source community works and how to co-operate and profit from mutual work. They have whole bunch of people who does their work for free and they are afraid of them? My head just does not compute this kind of silly nonsense...

It is nothing to do with the manufacturer. The custom RIL is, but the releasing of the reversing isn't.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest unaszplodrmann

It is nothing to do with the manufacturer. The custom RIL is, but the releasing of the reversing isn't.

Stating the obvious, but GPLing the RIL libs would save everyone hacking on the devices some time. I for one would be interested to hear Huawei's reasoning, especially given the current trend towards embracing aftermarket ROMs.

Guest Dazzozo

Stating the obvious, but GPLing the RIL libs would save everyone hacking on the devices some time. I for one would be interested to hear Huawei's reasoning, especially given the current trend towards embracing aftermarket ROMs.

It's one thing licensing it but it's another thing getting people to comply to it. They're not libs, we have all the libs we could ever dream of from the stock ROMs. It's the java implementation. This has nothing to do with Huawei, again.

Guest Dazzozo

My personal veiw is not to slag off other devs or peoples work as there might be a reason he is holding back. E.G to bring us a top rom if not I don't mind paying a few quid if it is worth it. Seen this before as you know on the sf2 forum . And yet again Dazzo as I seen earlier looking on the forum you're stating a point to Tillaz about soft buttons bei

To clarify: I asked why the soft buttons are used by people. How did I attack tillaz? I respect him a lot and he does some great work...

No one is slagging off any dev. I am merely highlighting some of the internal 'issues' in the ICS4G300 team. They have to be resolved, simple as that. There are more politics going on than development. What is your huge problem with me? What about the "sf2 forum"?

Also paying for ROMs is just stupid.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest oldfella

just wanted to say how happy I am with CM9. Have had R0 installed since the release and it does everything I need, fast, responsive and good looking.

I dont need the camera or bluetooth so I can wait for developments, and hoping that I can avoid the B926 upgrade process by staying with CM9 / 10.

Guest gadsah
I am merely highlighting some of the internal 'issues' in the ICS4G300 team. They have to be resolved, simple as that. There are more politics going on than development.

Doesn't sound like much of a team if theres no teamwork

Edited by gadsah

Guest skobywan

They need a referee sometimes. Never imagined code monkeys would have such inflated egos. Still Cm9 rocks and I can't wait for 10 if all the in house disputes get solved.

Guest skobywan

They need a referee sometimes. Never imagined code monkeys would have such inflated egos. Still Cm9 rocks and I can't wait for 10 if all the in house disputes get solved.

I've installed latest miui for G300, 2.7.20 with nova launcher and it's quite fluid and everything works.

As far as I know, Miui is based on Cyanogen so... why in MIUI works everything including camera and BT and with CM9 doesn't?