[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest anything-but

Now,call me suspicious,but i wonder if a certain someone a few thousand miles away to the east might suddenly become not so "busy" and pop his head in when he hears of your work dazz. :P

Guest anything-but

I bet the g300 has doubled in value overnight lol.

Bought the other half one for her birthday this week out shopping today,now should i give her a box of malteezers instead and Ebay it now with this news? lol

Guest FrankieADZ

Bought the other half one for her birthday this week out shopping today,now should i give her a box of malteezers instead and Ebay it now with this news? lol

lmao.....you'd been in the bad books if you did that lol

Guest Dazzozo

now we have GPU acceleration,aosp camera should work or not?

I am working on CyanogenMod 10. I am not adding UI acceleration to the stock ROMs.

The Camera app in CM10 is the CM one, which is modified AOSP.

edit: oops pageking

edit 2: tease :P

i3tQ0.png

Guest JHsaucy

Wow, reading about all these updates for this phone is making me so excited to get it!:D Especially coming from the ZTE Skate, all the best to get Jelly Bean working Daz!

Guest Dazzozo

Figure out what they actually did. For all I know, 2030 could just be a standard Qualcomm implementation. Some things that weren't standard in Gingerbread have now become standardised in official ICS, so it's possible.

If not, it could be quite similar to 109808 and need little work. I don't know what the problem is yet so I can't really propose solutions. I need to investigate it, and I haven't done that yet.

My order is probably going to be as above, Wi-Fi, audio (which shouldn't be too hard, touch wood), RIL.

Edit: I could also try diffing the frameworks on Gingerbread and ICS to see what Huawei did differently in their actual implementations. It'll be in smali but it'll be something.

Guest unaszplodrmann

I suppose its not entirely unlikely that Huawei might issue another baseband upgrade along with the vendor OTA updates, if and when they eventually see the light of day...

109808 has done the job just fine on my phone, at least. Other than a messy upgrade path for early ICS adopters, is 2030 compatibility much of an issue?