[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

If you're bothered by camera, this REALLY isn't for you yet.

This is a dev preview. Treat it as one.

It's easier for me to fix things we had working in the past. Camera will be dealt with eventually, the only barrier is time.

Edit: Camera is usually last priority anyway for any device's CM-ifying or AOSP-ifying.

Guest ovecka

Doesn't work over AtomicMod. The phone stays on the Huawei logo (tried several starts). Guess I'll wait for some time before flashing it again. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to the final version whenever it comes. The progress you are doing is very very promising. Great job. :)

Guest Valicek1

I made an update to B927 from B888 atomic mod.. My phone stayed on huawei logo, than I had to burn recovery via fastboot again and again :( But I have baseband 2030 now and i don't know, if I would like to downgrade my baseband back.

But, is there any way, which I could help to reverse RIL? I'm programmer lvl advanced, I have a lot of free time (holidays) and i would like to learn something new. But I never programmed anything for android phone. Do you have any tips, where I have to start?

And Daz, thanks for all your work.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm studying it now :)

Guest timfimjim

Doesn't work over AtomicMod. The phone stays on the Huawei logo (tried several starts). Guess I'll wait for some time before flashing it again. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to the final version whenever it comes. The progress you are doing is very very promising. Great job. :)

Did you wipe everything? Wipe data, cache and dalvik, then try installing from sd card

Guest Dazzozo

If I knew how to reverse it I would've done it myself. The problem is in the learning, not the doing.

I'm going to check if the 3.0 kernel has actually broken compatibility with 109808. If so, then the RIL will actually have to be reversed and will be the next priority.

Guest Dazzozo

Actually will do for me, I take it it's a design in smoothness?

It's just a few concepts and ideas they introduced with 4.1. By definition it is triple buffering and vsync.

Guest skobywan

Yup. Even with the reboot in between wiping and flashing.

I'm having the same issue but I'm flashing from CM9. Still think its something I'm doing. I'm going to try install TeamWinRecovery and flash from that before giving up entirely.

Guest skobywan

I will assume there's some incompatibilities somewhere else with B8xx, then.

Onwards with 2030 we go.

Hey Daz. Just to let you know I followed the exact procedure multiple times on both CWM and TWR. Both times the installation hung at the huawei screen. As I said, I was previously running CM9 (back on it now).

Guest FrankieADZ

I will assume there's some incompatibilities somewhere else with B8xx, then.

Onwards with 2030 we go.

so ur hand has been forced to changed baseband to 2030 then... :o

Guest oldfella

It's ultimately the better way to go. A 3.0 kernel has too many advantages to sacrifice.

coming from CM9 is this a simple flash, or will we need to go via B926/7 etc ?

thanks

Guest glorifiedg

Can somebody explain what RIL is, or where I can read about it? I tried to google it but with no luck.

Daz, you are saying that "to use CM10 you'll have to be on B926+" but what about the baseband?

EDIT: found it :D

Edited by glorifiedg

Guest unaszplodrmann

Non-booting isn't strictly true...

I/Netd	(  710): Netd 1.0 starting

D/AndroidRuntime(  713):

D/AndroidRuntime(  713): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit <<<<<<

D/AndroidRuntime(  713): CheckJNI is OFF

D/dalvikvm(  713): DexOpt: incorrect opt magic number (0xff ff ff ff)

D/dalvikvm(  713): ODEX file is stale or bad; removing and retrying (/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex)

I/SurfaceFlinger(  712): SurfaceFlinger is starting

I/SurfaceFlinger(  712): use dithering

I/SurfaceFlinger(  712): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/W...

E/FramebufferNativeWindow(  712): couldn't open framebuffer HAL (No such file or directory)

E/SurfaceFlinger(  712): Display subsystem failed to initialize. check logs. exiting...

Guest Dazzozo

Aha. That's the exact same problem me and tilal ran in to before when trying to hack B926's system and boot on to B8xx. The framebuffer HAL couldn't open.

Very strange that they somehow managed to change something else in the phone that has an effect there. They did something to the device to make it cooperate better with the 3.0 kernel.

Run ls /dev/ if you still have it running, for curiosity's sake.