[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

It would mostly be curiosity and would result in the same list as before, so don't break your back over it. :P

Edit: going to type up a recap post for people who have totally lost the train of thought with this thread

Guest WodgeFTW

Why not just start a new thread? Hunting through a random page for your first post on the new rom is kinda daft.

Don't cost you money to start a thread!

Guest Malthus

Yes, I think a new thread would be useful at this point, even if this CM10 ROM is still in an early stage, but what do I know, I've only been here five minutes.

Guest JHsaucy

Hey guys, just got a g300 and im trying to flash a build of cm10 can anyone help with all this b269 business, as i really don't understand what it means, also how do i see what my baseband is?

Thanks in advance

Guest makemboy

Hmmm, when flashed cm10, i have no network, in about, baseband says unknown. Is this normal ?!

p.s. i had B934 before.

From Daz's original post...

This ROM only "works" on the 109808 baseband until the new RIL implementation has been reversed. If you flash this currently to your phone with a 2030 baseband, no mobile network features will work.

So you need a B8xx rom on, not a B9xx

Guest djuroue

Thanx, i think i saw this post, but i thought that he managed to fix it so it could work on that baseband!

Nevermind, its Back to B8xx and flash cm10 again. Thanx :)

Guest anything-but

I`m not being rude,but people need to read posts *THOROUGHLY*.....it`ll save lots of time and hassle and prevent having to ask questions that have already been answered. :)

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, again, this is a dev thread. If you're not following the development this isn't for you.

The first three posts are all you need to care about for CM9. The rest of the thread is as good as CM10 to you.

Guest unaszplodrmann

It would mostly be curiosity and would result in the same list as before, so don't break your back over it. :P

Meow. And after all I've done to help... ^_^

accel

adsp

akm8975_dev

alarm

android_adb

apr_apps2

ashmem

binder

block

ccid_bulk

ccid_ctrl

compass_aot

console

cpu_dma_latency

cpuctl

device-mapper

diag

dsp_debug

full

fuse

genlock

hw_extern_sdcard

hw_extern_sdcardMounted

i2c-0

i2c-1

i2c-debug-0

i2c-debug-1

input

keychord

kgsl-3d0

kmem

kmsg

light

log

mem

msm_aac

msm_aac_in

msm_amrnb

msm_amrnb_in

msm_amrwb

msm_camera

msm_evrc

msm_evrc_in

msm_fm

msm_mp3

msm_mvs

msm_pcm_ctl

msm_pcm_dec

msm_pcm_in

msm_pcm_out

msm_preproc_ctl

msm_qcelp

msm_qcelp_in

msm_snd

msm_voicememo

msm_wma

msm_wmapro

msmdma

mtd

mtp_usb

network_latency

network_throughput

null

oncrpc

pmem

pmem_adsp

pmem_audio

ppp

proximity

ptmx

pts

random

rfkill

rmnet_mux_ctrl

rmt_oeminfo

rmt_storage

rtc0

rtc1

smd1

smd11

smd2

smd21

smd22

smd27

smd3

smd36

smd4

smd7

smd_pkt_loopback

smd_sns_dsps

smdcntl0

smdcntl1

smdcntl2

smdcntl3

smdcntl4

smdcntl5

smdcntl6

smdcntl7

smem_log

smem_sleep_log

snd

socket

tgt

tty

ttyDCC0

ttyHS0

tun

uinput

urandom

usb_accessory

xt_qtaguid

zero

Well, no fb0 anyway...

Guest anything-but

That`s it......has to be said......

READ THE BLOODY POSTS FULLY!!!

ALL info you need for any question is there IF you look.

/Facepalm.jpg

Guest unaszplodrmann

Very strange that they somehow managed to change something else in the phone that has an effect there. They did something to the device to make it cooperate better with the 3.0 kernel.

What could the OTA updates include other than firmware for the radio, camera and the software?

Guest Davidoff59

Best not to flash it yet guillermob, its a work in progress and if you go through the last few pages, you will see that flashing isnt working for everyone. ICS is running well on the g300 at the moment so stick with either what you have or ICS and CM10 will come in time

Guest Dazzozo

What could the OTA updates include other than firmware for the radio, camera and the software?

I know they can update touchscreen firmware but I don't think anyone has really investigated what else they can do.

There's almost 15 unknown files in an OTA update, and coincidentally almost 15 that we actually know.

Guest Malthus

That`s it......has to be said......

READ THE BLOODY POSTS FULLY!!!

ALL info you need for any question is there IF you look.

/Facepalm.jpg

To be fair, the thread is a long, convoluted mess, and you'd need to skim through pretty much the entire thing to know the ins and outs of what's going on exactly (for the record I have actually read it all, which is why I'm holding off for now).

Edited by Malthus

Guest anything-but

It`s just the same questions keep being asked,plus people install things and come here asking why it doesn`t work/plz fix it. If i want to know something i read a thread and only bother posting if what i want to know hasn`t been posted yet. Less time devs like dazz spend repeating themselves,the more time they have to devote to the task in hand.

I personally know naff all about rom development,but it`s interesting to read the process as it happens and it`s nice to occasionally help out testing where i can. :)

Edited by anything-but