[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Frankish

Just a heads up guys. I know it's a report but...

Don't restore any data using titanium or similar from gingerbread to ics. This will cause random reboots!

Don't report ANY bugs if you have restored any data. :)

Guest anything-but

Antutu is about 100 marks down on atomicmod with mine,mainly taking the hit on 3d graphics. Would a wipe `n` re-flash help?

...Same with quadrant,around 100`ish marks down compared to my cwm backup of atomic.

Edited by anything-but

Guest timfimjim

Just a heads up guys. I know it's a report but...

Don't restore any data using titanium or similar from gingerbread to ics. This will cause random reboots!

Don't report ANY bugs if you have restored any data. :)

+1 frankish. Sorry, I forgot to mention that earlier. I never report bugs if haven't done a full wipe either

Edited by timfimjim

Guest FrankieADZ

Antutu is about 100 marks down on atomicmod with mine,mainly taking the hit on 3d graphics. Would a wipe `n` re-flash help?

...Same with quadrant,around 100`ish marks down compared to my cwm backup of atomic.

atomicMod has had improved ram,cpu & battery management along with that Sony Bravia engine extra me bob.

dunno if they made any difference.

Guest timfimjim

I've found cm7 and cm9 always get lower benchmark scores than ROMs based on stock. This is down to the devs creating many of the necessary files. When official ICS comes out the ROM will probably get more bug fixes. But for now I'm just enjoying a great work in progress ICS build! :)

Guest Davidoff59

I think Qiwu said its half working. For a first release to be only down by 100 points is impressive. Remember that the other gingerbread roms are based on a Huawei stock build. This is CM9 based so it will improve. It feels smoother to me anyway than gingerbread so what Tilal has said above gets me excited for whats to come.

I have yet to have any force closes except what is already known.

With open gl fully implemented, we may not even need an overclock but having that option there will be nice. Very very impressed with this rom.

Guest feckineejit

Yes. Look above

As it's a completely different o/s I'd always install new apps.

Think i need glasses as i cant see any post saying that the mic problem has been fixed, 1st post said sound is fixed, but i take it that is the low music & ringtone sound that we had before the first update came out.

Guest Coffer52

Think i need glasses as i cant see any post saying that the mic problem has been fixed, 1st post said sound is fixed, but i take it that is the low music & ringtone sound that we had before the first update came out.

Been using it all day today and no problems with either the ring tone sound level or the mic sound level. I still have problems running Skype and a couple of other apps, removed them and reinstalled from Play Store still gives an error when I try to log in!

Guest fr0do

Ah sorry m8 I can't find it either! Must've been another rom!

*goes and stands in the naughty corner* :(

Guest feckineejit

Some off us have low mic volume during phone call, other person on the line says they can hear us but have problem hearing us clearly, (that's what happens in may case anyway). Thats why i'm wondering if anyone with the problem has downloaded this rom to see if it fixed it.

Edited by feckineejit

Guest Brian Doyle

Hmmm, when I flash this ROM I get asked for 'SIM network unlock PIN' again even though I already unlocked it under stock ROM? Also, code doesn't unlock under this ICS ROM? Weird!

Guest timfimjim

Really enjoying playing with this ROM. Great to have the CRT off animation!

Just had a reboot on settings. Haven't flashed google apps, so not got playstore so can't logcat it.

Edit: Also getting some kind of compression with apollo when playing music through the speaker especially if turning up the volume (the last four volume increases have no effect)... Checked DSP manager and I don't think that's the cause...

Anyone else had this?

Edited by timfimjim

Guest Adyx00

Hmmm, when I flash this ROM I get asked for 'SIM network unlock PIN' again even though I already unlocked it under stock ROM? Also, code doesn't unlock under this ICS ROM? Weird!

I'm also getting this but I never unlocked my phone as I'm with Vodafone. The only option I get is to reboot my phone which goes back to the same screen. Anything to do with us being in Ireland I wonder?

Guest FrankieADZ

I'm also getting this but I never unlocked my phone as I'm with Vodafone. The only option I get is to reboot my phone which goes back to the same screen. Anything to do with us being in Ireland I wonder?

could be, ive got mine unlocked and i didnt have this come up for me.

Guest striker81

Excellent work with this ROM so far guys. I've come from B888 and it's working great.

I have one query though, is there any way to get the built in ICS app switcher working with this?

Don't see the button (2 squares) like I had on the OSF ROM.

Guest Dazzozo

Excellent work with this ROM so far guys. I've come from B888 and it's working great.

I have one query though, is there any way to get the built in ICS app switcher working with this?

Don't see the button (2 squares) like I had on the OSF ROM.

You had a ROM with the touch buttons on, which are pretty pointless as we actually have capacitive buttons.

Hold down home.