[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Christiansdad

Yes, 100%. I used ES File explorer with root explorer enabled. When i enter properties for HWUserData, the permissions are not set at all. Just check all the permission boxes and it will be available to copy in folder !

I've tried changing the permissions but still recieve an error failed to copy or move. Also i don't know if its related but then i connect up the phone via USB the internal starage doesn't appear as a drive, like it use to in gingerbread.

Guest eirlysbill1

I think what's been said in the forum is that the internal memory, only gets used when you don't have an SD card plugged in. Whether you can make it usable by setting permissions I don't know. One excellent idea is what Paul has done on his rom and that's to point the system memory to the 2gb partition, thus effectively giving you that much ram. Not ram (sorry) more internal storage for data B)

here's the thread: http://www.modaco.com/topic/353814-modaco-custom-rom-gr2-for-the-huawei-u8815-g300-b888-new-partitionswap/

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest Christiansdad

It use to be accessible in gingerbread but isn't in this ROM, it's no big thing, i just liked using it to dump files i didn’t use too much.

Guest djuroue

It use to be accessible in gingerbread but isn't in this ROM, it's no big thing, i just liked using it to dump files i didn’t use too much.

Damn. I tested this a little bit. Copied some 300 megabytes of pictures to HWuserData folder. After rebooting the phone, permissions reseted to defaults, and files are gone !!! Strange :)

post-981620-0-02693500-1340883624_thumb.

post-981620-0-09800500-1340883630_thumb.

post-981620-0-60440900-1340883634_thumb.

Guest ugnius40

Hi,

Thanks for making this mod, I'm writing this on my Huawei. Everything is smooth, but missing camera. I was wondering how will updates be pushed? Will I need to wipe my customizations I have made. Or will it be delta update?

So far I love this mod and I'll try to stick with it.

Thanks, Ugnius

Guest Dazzozo

It won't update OTA. You will have to flash it again via CWM, but you can try to do this without wiping data. (I would at least wipe cache though.) You may encounter issues doing that, though.

Guest Lgdslr

Thanks for all you work. Really is great.

It's pretty smooth. Not perfect, but I think that's down to the phone as well as even on the stock rom it had a few hiccups (facebook app seems to destroy it).

I tried Quadrant on it on stock and now and the score seems to have gone from about 2000 to 1300. Is that due to the lack of OpenGL?

Also, I hate to be that guy, but is there any sort of ETA on when the camera will be working? That's the only thing I need for it to be totally usable.

Thanks once again. :)

Guest Christiansdad

Damn. I tested this a little bit. Copied some 300 megabytes of pictures to HWuserData folder. After rebooting the phone, permissions reseted to defaults, and files are gone !!! Strange :)

Thats further than i got, i couldnt even copy files to the HWUserData folder. i could change permissions but nothing more. Strange.

Guest timfimjim

Also, I hate to be that guy, but is there any sort of ETA on when the camera will be working? That's the only thing I need for it to be totally usable.

No ETA and developers prefer if you don't ask for them.

It puts pressure on them to deliver, when they all have other lives (and many jobs) outside android development.

Just use another ROM with the features you require.

I'm sure the developers want to get everything fixed too :)

Guest skull_fcuk

after upgrading to this rom, i got an email from google thanking me for upgrading to a Nexus. a little part of me hops i will get a 4.1 upgrade soon :)

Guest Lgdslr

No ETA and developers prefer if you don't ask for them.

It puts pressure on them to deliver, when they all have other lives (and many jobs) outside android development.

Just use another ROM with the features you require.

I'm sure the developers want to get everything fixed too :)

It wasn't really a criticism. More that for me the ROM is really great and that's the only thing I can really find wrong with it or that's tangibly worse than being on Stock. I plan on continuing on using it if the camera will be working in some shape or form, soonish.

That's all I'm really asking for; "soonish"/"gonna take a while"/"don't get your hopes up, mate."

Guest Dazzozo

would it perhaps be wise to move development onto 4.1 rather than sticking with ICS?

No. 4.1 is a minor revision which doesn't exist yet for our purposes.

Guest oldfella

very nice - used CM7 on the Blade, nice to have it back on the G300

minor oddities, lost 2G and 3G - reboot got it back

went into Settings / Battery and half the wording garbled, came back out into Settings and the same thing, back to home and repeated and worked fine

Guest haxxbaxx

im getting a lot of apps saying incompatible, i flashed google apps but can even install google maps says incompatible on market, along with others like flash, any do etc just lots of apps

Guest Davidoff59

Must be a problem on your end haxxbaxx. Did you do a full wipe before installing. Did you use a correct version of gapps for ics

Guest BigJas

Doesn't working if installing from Pauls B888 with swapped partitions. Got an error saying that it couldn't encrypt files. Using Paul's B888 with standard partitions allowed it to boot up correctly. Anyone else run into this?

Only had a quick play so far but I like it. Good work guys!

Edit: also had text corruption in settings app. Reboot sorts it.

Edited by BigJas

Guest Dazzozo

I could handle the PartitionSwappers by formatting the partitions in the updater-script, but at the moment it is assumed you have the standard partitions.

Guest BigJas

I could handle the PartitionSwappers by formatting the partitions in the updater-script, but at the moment it is assumed you have the standard partitions.

I've decided to stay with standard partitions for now so please don't do so only for me. Keep up the good work :)

Edited by BigJas