Need a little help with choosing new rom

Guest nabby21

Guest nabby21

Hi all, Basically, I have rooted my blade etc and have moldovan mile high currently on there. Now I know this turns a GEN1(which I had) into a GEN2. So is this temporary or can I now only use GEN2 roms? Or must I still apply the GEN1 rules?

2nd, Im having a few minor difficulties with moldovan, so think its time for a change (force close error msgs often appear, and I just fancy a change to be honest :)), so what are the best and latest ROMS that people are having success with?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Nabby!

Guest nabby21

So I must continue to use GEN2 roms now? Is it advantageous to have GEN2 over GEN1 for any reason? Thanks for the fast reply btw. Any advances on cm7 or cm9? Both will be an improvement over moldovan?

Guest Hayden3430

So I must continue to use GEN2 roms now? Is it advantageous to have GEN2 over GEN1 for any reason? Thanks for the fast reply btw. Any advances on cm7 or cm9? Both will be an improvement over moldovan?

No, you can go whatever gen you want, most roms that are available are GEN2 based so thats why i stick to that, different gen's just have different system partitions, nothing special. If you ask me i would say moldovan is a bit outdated and lacks many features compared to cyanogenmod. If you are looking for a fully functional stable rom i would choose cm7 but if you want you blade to have a stylish look go for cm9.

I currently use Konstat Kang CM9 and the only problem i face is no fm radio or HQ in youtube but i can live with that :)

Guest guelas

in my case what i did was:

- used TPT for Gen2 from CM9 Konstat thread

- in CWM installed Swedish Snow LR7

:)

The reason i used that TPT was to get a bigger data partition as i was always with insufficient disk space message.

Guest nabby21

Oo I kind of enjoy the HQ video, but can live with out the fm radio, as I use tunein pro. So as my models currently been changed to GEN2, do I stick with following the GEN 2 guide yes? Think I'll try cm7 1st and see how that goes. I've backed up sms and apps and contacts, anything else I'm forgetting? Also, is fish and chips any good in comparisson with the cm's(7 and 9)?

Guest D00nhamer

Used fish'n'chips for the last 4 months and it has been great. Just changed to Konstat Kang CM9 and it's working a treat apart from the couple of know issues. I would recommend you try Konstat Kang CM9.

Guest Hayden3430

Oo I kind of enjoy the HQ video, but can live with out the fm radio, as I use tunein pro. So as my models currently been changed to GEN2, do I stick with following the GEN 2 guide yes? Think I'll try cm7 1st and see how that goes. I've backed up sms and apps and contacts, anything else I'm forgetting? Also, is fish and chips any good in comparisson with the cm's(7 and 9)?

HQ on youtube will probaly never work due to missing OMX libs support. Yes if i was you i would stick to GEN2 as most new roms that are being developed are using this. No thats all i would backup. try cm for now.

Guest nabby21

So is my phone permanently GEN2 now? As in, when I wipe before installing, will it still be GEN2 after the wipe? Sorry, Im quite new to this. I also changed to GEN2 using TPT, will it be okay to use clockwork mod to install cm7 or 9 and I personally preferred that method. Thanks for all your responses

Guest Hayden3430

So is my phone permanently GEN2 now? As in, when I wipe before installing, will it still be GEN2 after the wipe? Sorry, Im quite new to this. I also changed to GEN2 using TPT, will it be okay to use clockwork mod to install cm7 or 9 and I personally preferred that method. Thanks for all your responses

No you can convert to whatever GEN you want, and no you will keep the same GEN after wipe, and yes you can use clockwork mod and install any GEN2 roms, you may need to get a TPT called Gen 1 to Gen 2 v10 stock Which you can put over your current tpt to get a bigger enough system space to install a CM9 rom on, but you'll be fine for CM7.

Guest habbo45

now i have a question. the best CM9 ROM is from Tilal6991 or is from KonstaT?

sorry for this question. but im have used Tilal's ROM and is perfect. but its just eat my battery! and the video decoding issue is very bad for me.

now. i need to know who is the best ROM in battery, stability, and this things....

one more time sorry for that question. but i really need it.

Sorry my english. im brazilian and my englis is bad :wacko:

glad for replies ^_^

Guest Hayden3430

now i have a question. the best CM9 ROM is from Tilal6991 or is from KonstaT?

sorry for this question. but im have used Tilal's ROM and is perfect. but its just eat my battery! and the video decoding issue is very bad for me.

now. i need to know who is the best ROM in battery, stability, and this things....

one more time sorry for that question. but i really need it.

Sorry my english. im brazilian and my englis is bad

glad for replies

Both are same really as they are both based on cm9, Konstat build is fresh and stripped to fit on a smaller tpt, as coldfusion has more features. i believe Konstat build is smoother due to the fact that it has a lot less apps installed.

Guest habbo45

Both are same really as they are both based on cm9, Konstat build is fresh and stripped to fit on a smaller tpt, as coldfusion has more features. i believe Konstat build is smoother due to the fact that it has a lot less apps installed.

ty! guess i will use this ROM. or ill wait for updates... i will think in that ;)

Guest The Guvnor

Konstat wins for me. Have tried many many roms. Always come back to a Konstat rom. Always work best for me.

Or even try his Swedish Snow rom. All are very fast, smooth and stable (apart from a couple of issues on all 4.0.4 roms).